SENSITIVE QUESTION

I personally think its a fair question to ask.

Nobody is saying that they want Milan to drop dead, far from it.  Fans are just asking what would happen to the club if the worst was to happen.  

My gran who's 91 years old went into hospital 3 weeks ago, everyone in the family were thinking the worst.  Well, she came out of hospital 2 day later only to see her son (my mum's brother) who's 69 go in hospital and he never made it back again.  My grandmother ended up burying her son only a week ago.    

Newspapers write obituaries months,,even years in advance..The wife has life insurance policy on me...I didn't go stormin' round the living (?).room throwin' a paddy..."How could you vicious *****"..Its simply planning for the future.

Think its a fair enough question..I think even Milan would think it a fair enough question...

I personally think its a fair question to ask.

Nobody is saying that they want Milan to drop dead, far from it.  Fans are just asking what would happen to the club if the worst was to happen.  

My gran who's 91 years old went into hospital 3 weeks ago, everyone in the family were thinking the worst.  Well, she came out of hospital 2 day later only to see her son (my mum's brother) who's 69 go in hospital and he never made it back again.  My grandmother ended up burying her son only a week ago.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Perhaps the phrasing of the OP is a bit insensitive but the merits of the question are fine. It is the same question if you own a business you know you should have a plan but somehow avoid thinking about it - human nature. However I know in my profession there is an expectation that there is an "alternate" in place so that the clients are looked after and not left in the lurch

Whilst this may seem obvious the corporate structure does not change on the demise of the shareholder. The will would set out what happens to the shares, but if the set up as is likely that the MM Family Trust owns UK Football Investments LLC that in turn owns SWFC,  MM might not even be a beneficial owner per se, he is probably a Trustee but there will be other Trustees that will help determine what happens to the investment in SWFC, whether it will be sold, continue to be funded

As we saw with Southampton that can leave someone with no knowledge of football or interest indeed in charge at least in the short term

I don't know why some are knee-jerking to a reasonable question. Nearest answer would be Nigel Doughty (Nottingham Forest) who had Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. His next of kin sold up practically straight away because they didn't want own a football club. The Walker family instructed the Walker trust to sell Blackburn when it became too much financial burden on his estate after a number of years. Basically it comes down to Wills and family wishes   

Guest Big Guns

I don't know why some are knee-jerking to a reasonable question. Nearest answer would be Nigel Doughty (Nottingham Forest) who had Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. His next of kin sold up practically straight away because they didn't want own a football club. The Walker family instructed the Walker trust to sell Blackburn when it became too much financial burden on his estate after a number of years. Basically it comes down to Wills and family wishes

But no rascal wants to buy us

plenty of rascals but no one we would want

Only tyre-kickers kicking about.

I don't understand why no-one would want us

but the only ones who keep sniffing around

or whom MM entertains are the likes of Yu and Mammadov for some reason?

Nobody should or would wish anyone dead, it's a reasonable enough question,

there are plenty of what if's and could have been's in football and in life,

and it makes sense to think of what may or may not happen in the future if it effects us or the future of our club.

It's plain to see MM needs someone to come in as a co-investor or he needs to find someone more serious and trustworthy than the likes of Mammadov.

But just like MM needs someone to come in to help with the financial side of things, Gray is still waiting for someone to come in to help with the transfer and managerial side of things

and the DOF he was promised ages ago to help attracting and dealing with transfers.

It's a fair question to ask.

He's 75 and leads a very stressful life. If we're being brutally honest he could go at anytime. With that being said he'll no doubt have all his business and family affairs in order so, if the worst was to happen, everything would be taken care off.

Bad taste would be to write a thread about hoping that he'd drop off his perch. Asking the question, on a Wednesday forum, about what would happen to our club if our rather elderly leader was to pass....it's natural to wonder.

Come to think of it, until this thread I didn't actually know how old MM was.

Guest Distraught!

It's a pertinent enough question and I always look at such a thing in terms of Chelsea. There is a club that is so reliant on the finances provided by one person that, if he met an unfortunate ending, it is difficult to imagine how they would cope with the impact. I am guessing that Mandaric's situation is slightly different in as much as we are technically owned by a trust or group rather than him alone. I would guess that the trust would appoint representatives to form the board and try to keep the club running until a buyer could be found.

Guest Gershwin

Well, that was an easy work out. Next time, suggest some of the club circuit acts on here do a bit of training if they want to move up a level.

Not just footballers who need to train. Come on boys, give the man a proper game.