SENSITIVE QUESTION

Guest Big Guns

hes like that mr burns of the simpsons tight old mizer he will probably bury his billions with him and be the richest man in the grave yard

You really don’t get it, do you.

You've not upset Owlstakers. We are not MM, his family or his friends. They would be upset if they ever read such puerile & hurtful rubbish.

The rest of us aren't upset. We're irritated.

Upset and irritated are two different things, as you might learn when you get past your early teens, when you start mixing with grown-ups. The first hurts inside. The second often hurts on the outside. Hurts on the outside because somebody (else) receives what they deserve. Literally.

And don’t come the little kid innocent with your ‘only realistic’ attempt at a cover up. You were only being a horrible, hurtful, nasty little prat.

By the way, some of us even think that supporting Sheffield Wednesday makes you a slightly better human being than some other fans. Try it.

Talk about an over reaction fe ck me.

Guest Gershwin

Gershwin get a grip you goat.

Bet your a right laugh you stirring little part, pipe down

My grip's fine. Plenty fine.

Stirring? You mean I've spoiled your little hate-in party by letting others know what you're up to? Tough.

Decent folk don't need advice from you or anyone who excuses or plays down the OP.

I see you duck the issue: the OP was insensitive, nasty and hurtful. Deliberately so.

I haven't ducked anything. Read through the thread, I said before I think it's a fair question to ask.

It isn't nasty or hurtfull at all and if it was, it wasn't deliberate, unlike you insulting the OP and calling him a pratt.

Edited by lukestheman82

Guest Gershwin

I haven't ducked anything. Read through the thread, I said before I think it's a fair question to ask.

It isn't nasty or hurtfull at all and if it was, it wasn't deliberate, unlike you insulting the OP and calling him a pratt.

You need help if you don't think asking when a (named) elderly bloke might 'croak' is beyond the pale/nasty/insensitive. 

You clearly have limited experience of insults. The OP was described as a prat because he's been prat-like. That's not an insult, it's simply a description. 

You need help if you don't think asking when a (named) elderly bloke might 'croak' is beyond the pale/nasty/insensitive. 

You clearly have limited experience of insults. The OP was described as a prat because he's been prat-like. That's not an insult, it's simply a description.

For a sensitive little fairy you got some gob on ya.

Guest Gershwin

For a sensitive little fairy you got some gob on ya.

Not remotely sensitive. Handled more poo from gobshites than you've had hot dinners. Doesn't make it any less smelly if you've handled loads of it.

This is not about sensitivity, it's about manners, good form. When a chap lets a foul one out in good company, it's bad form. On the other hand, it's good form to point out to the chap in question that he's dropped one and that, in future, he ought to step outside to let rip. So that decent folk don't have to share his, er, poor taste.

Not remotely sensitive. Handled more poo from gobshites than you've had hot dinners. Doesn't make it any less smelly if you've handled loads of it.

This is not about sensitivity, it's about manners, good form. When a chap lets a foul one out in good company, it's bad form. On the other hand, it's good form to point out to the chap in question that he's dropped one and that, in future, he ought to step outside to let rip. So that decent folk don't have to share his, er, poor taste.

I really think you're over reacting. You must lead a sheltered life. Do you ever consider risks or variables in life? What could happen? It's not 'blasphemous' or 'sick' to think of these things. 

Guest Gershwin

I really think you're over reacting. You must lead a sheltered life. Do you ever consider risks or variables in life? What could happen? It's not 'blasphemous' or 'sick' to think of these things. 

The issue is not considering the variables of life (& death), so don't try to sanitise the OP. It's about going public & aiming them at an elderly (specific) man. You can wriggle all you want, but the fact is that the OP was out of order. 

Your logic is a poor as your defence of the indefensible. It's precisely because I've not had a sheltered life that I'm aware of how reminding an old man of his mortality is, to put it mildly, in poor taste. Some posts have even urged his demise.

And you try to dress all this up as some sort of serious intellectual debate about life/death.the quirks of chance. Utter blowcocks and you know it. So does the OP. 

You've not upset Owlstakers. We are not MM, his family or his friends. They would be upset if they ever read such puerile & hurtful rubbish.

Upset and irritated are two different things, as you might learn when you get past your early teens, when you start mixing with grown-ups. The first hurts inside. The second often hurts on the outside. Hurts on the outside because somebody (else) receives what they deserve. Literally.

And don’t come the little kid innocent with your ‘only realistic’ attempt at a cover up. You were only being a horrible, hurtful, nasty little prat.

By the way, some of us even think that supporting Sheffield Wednesday makes you a slightly better human being than some other fans. Try it.

What you on about? I'm 40 year old, got two kids a Joiner, ex army who's served in the Iraq war so I've got reasonable life experience, if you think death is a taboo subject then your in for a shock pal because it's coming to all of us.

Edited by captain jack

What utter poo !

You're acting like a total fanny.

It's attitudes like yours that have reduced this country to the politically-correct shambles that it has become.

Stop trying to make a crisis and scandal out of something that isn't there.

THAT is offensive.

Guest Gershwin

What utter poo !

You're acting like a total fanny.

It's attitudes like yours that have reduced this country to the politically-correct shambles that it has become.

Stop trying to make a crisis and scandal out of something that isn't there.

THAT is offensive.

No, pal, it's politically correct tussers that have encouraged anything goes, do what you want, let's bin traditional values that had led to the Country's shambles. I'm in the opposite camp. 

Guest Gershwin

What you on about? I'm 40 year old, got two kids a Joiner, ex army who's served in the Iraq war so I've got reasonable life experience, if you think death is a taboo subject then your in for a shock pal because it's coming to all of us.

If that’s the case, you ought to have known better.

No, death’s not taboo and obviously it comes to us all.

What’s out of order, way out of order, is a public statement clearly aimed at the death of an elderly man. That you name. Not 75 yr olds in general. Remember “what if [Milan Mandaric]……….Croaked itâ€

Anyone us is free to discuss our own mortality in public, though it seems a bit odd on an football forum. And possibly OK to discuss that of others, in private.

What’s tasteless is to discuss/imply the impending death of a named someone else in a public arena: where they, or their loved ones, or their friends, or their work colleagues, might see the comment. Not right and I suspect you know so. You even say on OP “don’t like asking what if, but…….†You knew you were on thin ice and if you’re who you say you are, you’d hold up your hand and say you got it wrong.

I don’t know MM, but I wish him many more years on this Earth.