Come back Gary Megson

Lets deal in facts shall we

When megson was in charge we had the 3rd highest budget in the league, we were 3rd in the league when he got sacked

When Jones took over we signed a few players and ched went down, our budget increased to 2nd

We finished in 2nd place

I rest on your face my lord

Our budget was never 2nd

I didn't really wanna come back in this thread because the cult is strong with the 4 of you who worship GM with an idolatry beyond fervour

But it's laughable

People bang on about Ched doing a stretch as if Jones engineered that somehow - well maybe if Megson hadn't left us in a position where we needed snookers then the Ched thing would have been academic

I like Megson - i did as a player and i did as a manager - to a point

But it was vindicated to punt him when we did and there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to return to him

This site should be called fickletalk

Everyone on here has forgotten about that day megson was sacked

They've all climbed out of the Don, dried themselves off, put their shoes back in the wardrobe and superglued their season tickets back together

Never forget

This site should be called fickletalk

Everyone on here has forgotten about that day megson was sacked

They've all climbed out of the Don, dried themselves off, put their shoes back in the wardrobe and superglued their season tickets back together

Never forget

There are some on here who are colour blind,all they can see is Gray.

It is true that i do not get to see Wednesday play very often due to the 21,000 kilometre round trip from my home to Hillsborough.

However, it seems to me that we have an honest, very good tactical manager with excellent man management skills who now has money to spend from the new owners.

Give the guy a chance to carry on the work he has done since he took over the mess from DJ.

And be thankful we don't have Mr 'Personality' Clough as our manager. i almost feel sorry for the Blunts

Almost

Good tactical manager,I'll stop you right there matey

lol

Our budget was never 2nd

I didn't really wanna come back in this thread because the cult is strong with the 4 of you who worship GM with an idolatry beyond fervour

But it's laughable

People bang on about Ched doing a stretch as if Jones engineered that somehow - well maybe if Megson hadn't left us in a position where we needed snookers then the Ched thing would have been academic

I like Megson - i did as a player and i did as a manager - to a point

But it was vindicated to punt him when we did and there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to return to him

You could argue that in the short term possibly but even then who's to say we wouldn't have got automatic promotion with Megson.

Overall I don't think it was vindicated. Were we really that much better at the end of DJ's reign as manager than at the beginning?

Had Megson remained in charge I think we would have had a much stronger team than the one that DJ left over the same period.

Plus I don't think anyone is arguing that Megson engineered Ched getting sent down but it was undeniably a factor in the pigs downturn in form (they just couldn't score without him).

An as for needing snookers we had just beaten them and closed the gap to what two points with plenty of games left to overturn a two point deficit. Just look at what happened in 79-80 we turned round a much bigger gap after the BDM without changing the manager.

Guest conisbrough

Blue and White

Gray was assistant To Glenn Hoddle between 2004 and 2007.

If you read post said out of football not continually a manager.

You have to be a complete imbecile if you think being out of football completely for 3 years does not hinder chances of getting a job as a manager.

Once 3 years have passed you will not get appointed as a manager. He would need to lower sights and accept job as scout/ academy duties and work his way back. Unfortunately he is not well liked in game so opportunities to get a foot back on Merry Go Round have not been forthcoming.

If you really think Gray needs replacing I would look round for a manager with a recent track record and has shown can identify and bring in/produce quality players.

Blue and White

Gray was assistant To Glenn Hoddle between 2004 and 2007.

If you read post said out of football not continually a manager.

You have to be a complete imbecile if you think being out of football completely for 3 years does not hinder chances of getting a job as a manager.

Once 3 years have passed you will not get appointed as a manager. He would need to lower sights and accept job as scout/ academy duties and work his way back. Unfortunately he is not well liked in game so opportunities to get a foot back on Merry Go Round have not been forthcoming.

If you really think Gray needs replacing I would look round for a manager with a recent track record and has shown can identify and bring in/produce quality players.

50/50 caller,humble beginnings to ruler of his empire.Humanity itself.

gary megson

Thing is mate, those kind of managers are Mick McCarthy, Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis... and gary megson...

I kind of contribute to this thread half tongue-in-cheek. But I do think the Ginger One was a good manager who would have got us promoted THAT SEASON - he even said himself, prior to sacking, "this team is about to go on the same run West Brom did..."

That's not to negate DJ's contribution - but I note how some on here who like to make out DJ did this great turnaround, and Megson was nothing but tripe, are the same folk I recall literally defending DJ week in week out when it all went awfully wrong. I'm not going to name names, but one person I see contributing on here with anti-Meggo stuff was repeatedly posting during that time that it was the fans fault for being negative....

Thing is mate, those kind of managers are Mick McCarthy, Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis... and gary megson...

I kind of contribute to this thread half tongue-in-cheek. But I do think the Ginger One was a good manager who would have got us promoted THAT SEASON - he even said himself, prior to sacking, "this team is about to go on the same run West Brom did..."

That's not to negate DJ's contribution - but I note how some on here who like to make out DJ did this great turnaround, and Megson was nothing but tripe, are the same folk I recall literally defending DJ week in week out when it all went awfully wrong. I'm not going to name names, but one person I see contributing on here with anti-Meggo stuff was repeatedly posting during that time that it was the fans fault for being negative....

Probably the same ones defending Gray as well.

And when the mighty Owls are beaten by the team known as Rotherham,the Gray one shall be removed and the Ginger Massiah shall be raised from the footballing dead to claim his rightful place,rule his people,build his fortress and deliver his followers to the promised land.

Taken from the third book of gary megson