OFFICIAL - Madine sent to Coventry

Leaves us with three strikers. If it means that's our transfer business done, then it's concerning.

It's not the transfer business that is concerning, it's the fact that none of the three strikers seem capable of scoring goals - creative midfielder or no creative midfielder. It's not the creative midfielder to blame when one (or all) of them shoots wide or over from 6 yds out...

We let our best striker go for some unknown reason.....

This makes sense.

With the arrival of GTF, you'd have to assume that this leaves Madine 4th in the pecking order.

He's in the last year of his contract, he needs games and although he can score goals for fun in League 1, he's had more than enough time to show what he can do at Championship level and failed to score goals on a consistant basis.

Good move for Madine, good move for Coventry and more importantly it's a good move for Wednesday.

Guest wilyfox

Someone came in last week. We are back to one in, one out.

2 out, 1 in.

Hope didn't count. I bet he was costing us nothing, and if nothing else we were doing Everton a favour.

We don't know what he cost us. We do know Gray had high hopes for him.  

I don't understand the clamour to replace Hope. He hardly ever, and was probably never going to play. You may as well sit Ozzie Owl on the bench.

That's like saying Barkley was never likely to feature, because he had similar inexperience prior to joining us.

It's almost as though some of you don't want us to recruit a replacement, for whatever reason; rather bizarre. We're staring a goal drought in the face. We haven't scored for 3 games or 5hrs of football. Reducing our attacking options by 2 players is unlikely to enhance our prospects. Both Hope & Madine out within 24hrs... Looks like Gray is manoeuvring.

Good luck Gary Madine, might have acted a bit of a wee pipe last year and suffered for it now.

Remember him at his best in league 1, all the good times he gave us all and forget all this negative crap, 

Gary Madine Goal Machine.

I can fully understand why Coventry want him back. After all, he was prolific last time for them.

Aged 19, for a struggling side, and a league he'd never played in, or with players he'd played with before. 

I completely understand your logic.