Realistic Predictions for Wednesday

From the City forum

'They are in as good form as I can recall for some time, very solid at the back an winning a lot of games by the odd goal. The bizrre looking pikey of a Scotsman, Stevie May looks to be off to a good start there, but generally they are built on their defence.'

Find him and burn him.

Edited by FlyingOwl

'There from Sheffield, like the Arctic Monkeys.
Long ball.
Decent.
Both keepers are decent(Kirkland and Westwood) Loovens has played in The Champions League, Helen(ex City rezzie) has blistering pace, Drenthe was once ace, Stevie May's the main man, he looks like that c**t Newton Faulker.'

There from Sheffield, like the Arctic Monkeys.
Long ball.
Decent.
Both keepers are decent(Kirkland and Westwood) Loovens has played in The Champions League, Helen(ex City rezzie) has blistering pace, Drenthe was once ace, Stevie May's the main man, he looks like that c**t Newton Faulker.

How dare they!

beat me to it

Laughable how little the top to end prem team fans know about teams in the championship.

It's like they've forgotten where they've came from.

I love watching Match of the Day & premier league football, don't get me wrong. But I still think the championship is the best league in terms of entertainment.

They're going to have a ridiculously strong XI regardless of who plays. Endeavour and hard work can only take you so far in the face of a huge disparity in skill.

Although saying this might be considered heresy, I'd happily play our second string on Wednesday. The biggest danger we face this season is injuries crippling our miniscule squad, and our first team going full pelt in a cup game is a great way of picking injuries up.

Edited by I Love Sturrock

Did I imagine it or did some betting sites have us at 16/1 to win? In a two-horse race, that's ridiculous! Particularly given our form and i'm guessing that, despite being great players, they're second string will not have played much football at all this season.

Bolton 14's away at Chelsea

From the City forum

'They are in as good form as I can recall for some time, very solid at the back an winning a lot of games by the odd goal. The bizrre looking pikey of a Scotsman, Stevie May looks to be off to a good start there, but generally they are built on their defence.'

Find him and burn him.

And this....... 

Anyone who might be playing at Hull and against Roma (Both games) shouldn't be playing in this one. Those two games are much more important for our season, particularly Roma. 

Some of our players have just come off back to back games against three top sides and should be given the night off, including the bench.

This cup was great to win last year but it is priority number 4 and should be treated as such especially against Sheff Wed at home.

We really should not need Yaya/Aguero etc anywhere near this game.

9 Squad players and 2 EDS should be good enough.   lol 

I like this chap better.

'Have seen Wednesday a couple of times this season. They like to play a passing game but make the most of set pieces too. Scored a couple from freekicks outside the box by driving it low through the wall. Seem to have got their defence sorted after leaking goals last season. Tend to do better away from home generally where the pressure's less.

Need to do a good professional job on them. No Wigan style performance like last year - we're the holders & we should be looking to retain it. Start taking liberties and they're capable of an upset. Their manager quite fancies their chances after Saturday's result....'