Stuart Pearce thoughts on us

Didn't take long for the "Wednesday are direct and a big bunch of bullies" stuff to start this season then

For the first time in a long time though it's not actually true, I'd say we're at our best these days with the ball on the floor

This was the common theme in our promotion season from league one so I'll take those kind of comments again.

Didn't take long for the "Wednesday are direct and a big bunch of bullies" stuff to start this season then

For the first time in a long time though it's not actually true, I'd say we're at our best these days with the ball on the floor

This was the common theme in our promotion season from league one so I'll take those kind of comments again.

Guest Old Salt

I wouldn't take too much notice. He might be saying it in an attempt to get us to change our game. Knowing that this side to our game is a big threat.

He's obviously worried about it.....

Guest JonTheOwl66

We do play long ball though. It's not a bad thing because we do what Megson implemented and that's get it up to the target man as quickly as possible then play from there.

I do think Pearce is being a little lazy in his description but he isn't wrong.

We do play long ball though. It's not a bad thing because we do what Megson implemented and that's get it up to the target man as quickly as possible then play from there.

I do think Pearce is being a little lazy in his description but he isn't wrong.

We do play long ball.

But that's not all we do. We're not just long ball because Nuhiu isn't your typical target man.

He's found us out on one part of our game, but it's not rocket science to find that out is it....one of our strikers is 6ft 7 for christ sake.

If that is all Pearce knows about us then he's fooked.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Sure. We've played some really good football at times this season. I think in all honesty it's just a case of football managers spouting cliches to the media.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't an in-depth analysis of our games and our strengths/weaknesses.

Guest wilyfox

Of course there are time when we still play long, like most teams - including Forest. They bought a big lad of their own in Lars Veldwijk who is 6'5". Nowt wrong with it providing those around him can get the ball down and play - which both teams clearly can.

Long ball, expecting a similar game that Tranmere gave them in the cup, everything will be aimed at the big man. a very physical route one side, he signs off by saying 'we know what they're about'

Oh no, we've been found out, what will we do now?

He'll be in for a shock then, great info agent Antonio.