Time to strengthen

Guest TonyOwl88

I think the small squad is a positive factor, so I don't want us to try and do too much. A winger, a CM to cover injuries, and we should be sorted. 

Pleeeease Ben Marshall..... 

Guest conisbrough

Happy for Gray to bide his time, he knows theplayershe wants and is prepare to wait for them.

Fully agree time to strengthen a side is when you are ding well and not struggling but trust Gray's judgementon who he needs.

Milan in last two seasons has said if side doing well ad in contention he would get wallet out and provide exra cash togive us that extra push yto achieve goal. He has not said any such comment this season would like some comentator to push him on this. Gray is doing really well and with a bit of luck we could be thereabouts in league for a while and couldforce our owners hand.

Great result, but this squad is threadbare. Use the fact we are doing well and near the top of the table to try and get a couple of top drawer loan signings through the door.

Couldn't agree more. Gray is working miracles with what is at his disposal.

Football has changed a lot over the years, but one thing never changes - Always strengthen when you are doing well.

Prefer own signings than loans unless real quality of course

totally agree, as unrealistic as it seems, I'm bored of loan signings, we got plenty for antonio and as petulant as it sounds, we didn't spend all of it on stevie may, so there should be some left for re-investment in permanent transfers. My pick would be tardieu or maybe a few signings from the lower leagues who can learn at their own pace but flesh out the squad a bit to cover for injuries and cup matches.

Guest Sheff Owl

I would like to think we are interested in Patrick Bamford but looking at what Gray say's we are waiting on Premiership teams to make decisions.

Bamford is already allowed to go out on loan, he's had talks with Middlesbrough and he hasn't made a decision yet.

So unless Gray is bluffing it's a shame if we are not looking at this guy.

totally agree, as unrealistic as it seems, I'm bored of loan signings, we got plenty for antonio and as petulant as it sounds, we didn't spend all of it on stevie may, so there should be some left for re-investment in permanent transfers. My pick would be tardieu or maybe a few signings from the lower leagues who can learn at their own pace but flesh out the squad a bit to cover for injuries and cup matches.

Why would your pick be Tardieu?

Lavery will be like a new signing, fits in perfectly with what we need right now, someone who can play up top or out wide. Obviously knows our system straight away, expect him to go up a level this season too. Going to be a right player for us.

edit: He must be due back soon?

Edited by TVP

Guest Kagoshimaowl

You do all realise that the squad is NOT actually threadbare right.  If you look at this:

GK:  Westwood, Kirkland, Wildsmith

RB:   Palmer, Buxton, Young

LB:   Mattock, Floro

CB:   Loovens, Lees, Kamikaze, Kelhar

DF:   Semedo, Hutchinson

MF:  Lee, Coke, McCabe, Corry

WR: Maguire, Maghoma, Helan

CF:  May, Nuhiu, Madine, Lavery

I get pretty annoyed with all this Milan bashing/threadbare squad BS.  That is a squad of TWENTY FIVE, of which many can play in more than one position, which is not threadbare at all.  Granted, some of them are injured but the only position we are short in is on the wing.  25 players should easily be enough, the issue is that we don't RATE some of the players not that we are threadbare. Stop being moaning fannies....once a winger comes in the squad is big enough numbers wise.