Why is the Forest match Cat A

We've made the next home game against Reading £10 adults £5 concession.

When ticket info for these next 2 home games were read out other night I thought he might have made a mistake.

Would have made sense to have them other way round.

Forest att 21,000 including 3,000 Forest fans.

Reading 26,000

We've made the next home game against Reading £10 adults £5 concession.

When ticket info for these next 2 home games were read out other night I thought he might have made a mistake.

Would have made sense to have them other way round.

Forest att 21,000 including 3,000 Forest fans.

Reading 26,000

It's up to the non season ticket holders to take advantage of the offer and get as near to 30k as we can.

Otherwise the powers that be will think what is the point.

It's up to the non season ticket holders to take advantage of the offer and get as near to 30k as we can.

Otherwise the powers that be will think what is the point.

I've text a few non season ticket holders telling them about Reading game and they're all going. 

We got over 24,000 for Wigan game last season with these prices and weather was terrible.

I'ver tried to do my bit - let's hope the club respond positively to the following mail:

Dear sir / madam,

I understand that the NFFC game is on Sky and that the tickets are priced as a Category A game.  You will no doubt be aware of the debate on Owlstalk questioning the logic is keeping the prices high for a televised game and the impact this will have on the numbers that turn-up to watch outside of season ticket holders. 

I was intending coming to the game accompanied by another Wednesdayite and also 2 friends who are Forest fans.  However at category A prices and the cost of travelling from London, balanced against watching on Sky for free, then I guess you can see where we would logically choose the latter.  However, we would intend coming if there was some movement in the price to act as an inducement and to also give us some comfort that we would enjoy a big match atmosphere rather than a more subdued environment of a small crowd.

I guess there may be a significant number of walk-up fans – both Forest or Wednesday – who would want to come to show support for their team when on TV (we all want to be seen as MASSIVE ;-).  What can be done and why can’t it be done?  I hope we are not constrained by limitations from Sky about conflicts with viewing figures – we are talking about thousands of fans and I would hope Sky would be reaching many more so this becomes insignificant.

Hope you can do something before I and many others make alternate plans – we would rather come to Hillsborough and enjoy a day out, but sorry not at any price.

Regards

Rick

Edited by Rick - Norfolk Owl

I'ver tried to do my bit - let's hope the club respond positively to the following mail:

Dear sir / madam,

I understand that the NFFC game is on Sky and that the tickets are priced as a Category A game.  You will no doubt be aware of the debate on Owlstalk questioning the logic is keeping the prices high for a televised game and the impact this will have on the numbers that turn-up to watch outside of season ticket holders. 

I was intending coming to the game accompanied by another Wednesdayite and also 2 friends who are Forest fans.  However at category A prices and the cost of travelling from London, balanced against watching on Sky for free, then I guess you can see where we would logically choose the latter.  However, we would intend coming if there was some movement in the price to act as an inducement and to also give us some comfort that we would enjoy a big match atmosphere rather than a more subdued environment of a small crowd.

I guess there may be a significant number of walk-up fans – both Forest or Wednesday – who would want to come to show support for their team when on TV (we all want to be seen as MASSIVE ;-).  What can be done and why can’t it be done?  I hope we are not constrained by limitations from Sky about conflicts with viewing figures – we are talking about thousands of fans and I would hope Sky would be reaching many more so this becomes insignificant.

Hope you can do something before I and many others make alternate plans – we would rather come to Hillsborough and enjoy a day out, but sorry not at any price.

Regards

Rick

You should have signed it

Angrymad Rick...have far more impact

Has nobody realised that the club doesn't care about it's supporters?

They only care about taking as much money from us as possible.

Catering is the prime example, you'd think they have a duty of care towards their customers (fans) they let the contractor get away with breaking the law. Last 2 years on the kop, a bottle of Carling at 500ml was advertised as a pint (568ml) - i.e false advertising.

Guest Ferkorf

30 quid!

On sky?

But im still going

Im even missing my shift and losing 108 quid to go..

So expenses will be a good 138 down pan before beer money...

Im not bothered

lol lol lol

Not sure who sets out the cats for the season but it is very bizarre.

I rang about some boxes for a game against Wolves and was surprised when they said it was a gold game, 2 of the teams relegated from the prem are not gold which is great I suppose but just really bizarre how they choose.

For once it will save me some money this season so I will not be complaining,

This and by changing it at a later date, would devalue Season Tickets and therefore make circa 14000 hard core supporters unhappy.

Why not just take for granted the 2/3 homes that are in sky will be against cat A opersition then? When was the last we played someone like Millwall or Blackpool on the box?

Realist.....totally agree with you. We need to bring the crowd down on to the pitch side and make it more intimidating. Stop selling back half of kop except a "singing" zone in the middle, stop selling grandstand and seat them all down at lepps end and maybe stop selling back 6-7 rows of north out on wings and start selling from the pitch upwards.

Remember the LDV game against ches vegas, the north looked packed from pitch side because we only open lower half, same with south as back 4-5 rows weren't sold either, adds to atmosphere not just for tv either.

Maybe encourage fans to bring banners and flags to cover seats in sparse areas too

Or just tell Sky to f*ck off?

Not sure who sets out the cats for the season but it is very bizarre.

I rang about some boxes for a game against Wolves and was surprised when they said it was a gold game, 2 of the teams relegated from the prem are not gold which is great I suppose but just really bizarre how they choose.

For once it will save me some money this season so I will not be complaining,

They have three darts , one with cat a on the flights and so on . Then a simple case of , nearest the bull sets the category . Job done

There are only a limited number of games per season (4 IIRC) when clubs can charge prices lower than those publicised at the beginning of the season.  Had the club reduced prices for the Forest game, then another game, i.e. the Reading one, would have to be charged at full price, and there would be a very, very, low attendance for that game.  Suppose you've got to weigh it up, which the club no doubt have done...

There are only a limited number of games per season (4 IIRC) when clubs can charge prices lower than those publicised at the beginning of the season.  Had the club reduced prices for the Forest game, then another game, i.e. the Reading one, would have to be charged at full price, and there would be a very, very, low attendance for that game.  Suppose you've got to weigh it up, which the club no doubt have done...

Fair enough but they could at least have made it a Cat B game

saw this a bit back & tweeted the club asking why derby game was cat b but forest cat a when it's on tv?

who's gonna pay £32 to sit on south stand when it's on tv?

so stupid.

£32 to sit and watch a second tier game of football for 90mins is absolutely obscene anyway, regardless of whether it's on TV.

It's reached boiling point with these ticket prices. It's why a tiny part of me wouldn't want to see us back in the Prem. Paying £40/£50 to watch a game of football. It's ridiculous.