Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

You don't have to hit it on the valve. If you're going to bring up stuff from years ago Mortimor, then at least get your facts right.

Nuhiu does make us one dimensional. Much like Antonio did. We have no plan B.

I've seen plan B in every game that he has been substituted and from what I have seen plan A is better.

Nuhiu is by far our best forward for so many reasons. We aren't creating a great deal of chances but that isn't Nuhiu's fault.

I believe its because we lack pace in attacking positions. We need either a pacy winger or a pacy forward to partner Nuhiu. We don't have anyone who really looks to get in behind or take people on. Maghoma has the ability to do it but is usually teluctant to do so and I feel he sometimes comes too narrow.

You don't have to hit it on the valve. If you're going to bring up stuff from years ago Mortimor, then at least get your facts right.

Nuhiu does make us one dimensional. Much like Antonio did. We have no plan B.

Years ago. I thought the World Cup was only a couple of months ago.

Once more I stand corrected.

I'm not sure how you know what dimensions he gives us.

I don't know who or what Mortimor is so I can't reply to what that is about.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I've seen plan B in every game that he has been substituted and from what I have seen plan A is better.

We have no plan B.

Unless you consider plan b to be a slightly revised plan a.

Nuhiu is by far our best forward for so many reasons. We aren't creating a great deal of chances but that isn't Nuhiu's fault.

I believe its because we lack pace in attacking positions. We need either a pacy winger or a pacy forward to partner Nuhiu. We don't have anyone who really looks to get in behind or take people on. Maghoma has the ability to do it but is usually teluctant to do so and I feel he sometimes comes too narrow.

I'd agree with that, if Nuhiu is to be the main man, he needs someone with pace alongside him

We have no plan B.

Unless you consider plan b to be a slightly revised plan a.

I think plan A has worked fairly well so far. 

Nuhiu needs a goal scorer alongside him to make the most of his all round play, time will tell if May can be that man. We need a proper winger option. Maguire does a job in that position as does Maghoma but we need a genuine threat to change it when they are not on it. We will have more chance of creating from midfield when Lee and Hutchison are fit.

The issues we have are certainly not down to Nuhiu.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Years ago. I thought the World Cup was only a couple of months ago.

Once more I stand corrected.

I'm not sure how you know what dimensions he gives us.

I don't know who or what Mortimor is so I can't reply to what that is about.

What on earth does the world cup have to do with anything? You're talking about the knuckle ball striking technique. Nowt to do wi world cup mate.

I know how many dimensions he gives us because I don't blindly clap our players and actually watch the game objectively. If Plan a doesn't work - I.e. hit it long to him, hopefully it sticks and play from there - then Nuhiu simply cannot offer another option, he's so one dimensional and rigid in terms of his tactical flexibility it's frightening considering the figures being touted for what he's worth.

Our tactics, and reliance on Nuhiu encourages opposition to sit deep and we simply do not have the quality to pick apart packed defences.

Hence my point about us being reliant on set-pieces and keep clean sheets. Because frankly, from the games I've seen recently, while being encouraging in terms of matching teams, have little to no attacking ability and intent because we simply can't carve open defences.

It might sound a big ask and maybe I'm overestimating abilities. But I'm concerned that when teams figure us out - and it's not a coincidence that so many managers have highlighted our long balls/passes, whichever you prefer - the goals will dry up, and the results will suffer.

Hopefully, Hope will alleviate some of this with some much needed pace and power.

But anybody seriously suggesting Nuhiu is worth anywhere near £3m is bonkers. It may work if we partnered Nuhiu with pace. But that isn't going to happen because we've spent a lot of money on May and Gray won't want to waste him.

Therefore for me, we need a genuine partner to complement May. Nuhiu isn't fast enough. As good a player as he may well be, it isn't enough in the modern day to get away with it if we have aspirations for promotion.

Away games - perfect. Stick him up top and keep it tight. In games where we go a goal down, Nuhiu is next to useless because teams sit back and he doesnt have the capability to make the difference despite the ability he does have because the guy can't run.

We are far too one dimensional at the moment. As I said the other day I'm encouraged. We kept possession very well on Saturday but it reeked of Barcelona last season - dictated play but couldn't get anywhere near to opening up opposition defences unless there was a bit of magic or a mistake from a set-piece.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the fact I helped get this thread ever closer to 100 pages.

What on earth does the world cup have to do with anything? You're talking about the knuckle ball striking technique. Nowt to do wi world cup mate.

I know how many dimensions he gives us because I don't blindly clap our players and actually watch the game objectively. If Plan a doesn't work - I.e. hit it long to him, hopefully it sticks and play from there - then Nuhiu simply cannot offer another option, he's so one dimensional and rigid in terms of his tactical flexibility it's frightening considering the figures being touted for what he's worth.

Our tactics, and reliance on Nuhiu encourages opposition to sit deep and we simply do not have the quality to pick apart packed defences.

Hence my point about us being reliant on set-pieces and keep clean sheets. Because frankly, from the games I've seen recently, while being encouraging in terms of matching teams, have little to no attacking ability and intent because we simply can't carve open defences.

It might sound a big ask and maybe I'm overestimating abilities. But I'm concerned that when teams figure us out - and it's not a coincidence that so many managers have highlighted our long balls/passes, whichever you prefer - the goals will dry up, and the results will suffer.

Hopefully, Hope will alleviate some of this with some much needed pace and power.

But anybody seriously suggesting Nuhiu is worth anywhere near £3m is bonkers. It may work if we partnered Nuhiu with pace. But that isn't going to happen because we've spent a lot of money on May and Gray won't want to waste him.

Therefore for me, we need a genuine partner to complement May. Nuhiu isn't fast enough. As good a player as he may well be, it isn't enough in the modern day to get away with it if we have aspirations for promotion.

Away games - perfect. Stick him up top and keep it tight. In games where we go a goal down, Nuhiu is next to useless because teams sit back and he doesnt have the capability to make the difference despite the ability he does have because the guy can't run.

We are far too one dimensional at the moment. As I said the other day I'm encouraged. We kept possession very well on Saturday but it reeked of Barcelona last season - dictated play but couldn't get anywhere near to opening up opposition defences unless there was a bit of magic or a mistake from a set-piece.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the fact I helped get this thread ever closer to 100 pages.

right let's do what JTO does to avoid a proper argument: are you seriously comparing us to Barcelona?

On a more serious note - I disagree with those who say nuhiu makes us one-dimensional. We've been toothless going forward because of lee's injury and poor performances from our wingers who aren't offering enough of a genuine outlet, allowing defences to stick two men on nuhiu without fear of us getting in round the side. I still maintain, if we can find the winger to deliver proper crosses, there is no need to sell or "replace" nuhiu as we simply don't need to, let's just allow him and may to flourish as a partnership. Madine has nowhere near the intelligence of Nuhiu on the ball, he can't pick a pass or beat a man like Atdhe can.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Did anyone else actually read this, because in all honesty I didn't.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you JontheOwl, internet warrior and FIFA Manager 99/00 season champion.

*cue slowest clap ever*