Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Jon getting some stick in this thread for his opinion on Nuhiu, a few pages back Trev was putting across the exact same opinion but nobody was having a go at him.

I'm happy to say the same to Trev, Nuhui = important player and shouldn't be sold on the cheap.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Jon getting some stick in this thread for his opinion on Nuhiu, a few pages back Trev was putting across the exact same opinion but nobody was having a go at him.

It's all part of the clique on here.

right let's do what JTO does to avoid a proper argument: are you seriously comparing us to Barcelona?

I'm comparing us to the worst Barcelona side for some time, yes.

Oi Trev shaddap! Ner ner neer neeer ner!

;)

lol

Not true about 60 odd pages ago trev got the same stick until he said his piece and conceded that although he had this opinion Nuhiu is still important.

Jon agreed with this, the difference however is that Jon is still going on about it, with a determination of 100 pages lol

I have had debates and difference of opinion with Trev.

However, he doesn't appear to change his argument to suit who he's talking to, then deny any previous viewpoints every time a hole might be pointed out in my experience.

If we sold Nuhiu to a Premier club I'd be very unhappy, if we sold him to another Championship club I'd be distraught and very feckin angry.

£10M then we should think about it...

then tell em to flip off. lol

Rather it be a prem club simply because they all seem happy getting fleased for players ala David Mcgoldrick. With the way some of them throw money around I wouldn't be surprised if we got £3/4m for Nuhiu.

Guest JonTheOwl66

However, he doesn't appear to change his argument to suit who he's talking to, then deny any previous viewpoints every time a hole might be pointed out in my experience.

Debate the post not the poster.

Can't believe you're comparing Trev to Jon...

It's very true what he says though. It's fashionable to bash me - even though I talk the most sense on here. By some distance.

There's no point in arguing with Jon, because he's either blind, hasn't got anything in-between his Ears, or more than likely doesn't got to matches. 

However, he doesn't appear to change his argument to suit who he's talking to, then deny any previous viewpoints every time a hole might be pointed out in my experience.

No let's be fair Jon is opinionated but he does have his fair share of attackers.

What on earth does the world cup have to do with anything? You're talking about the knuckle ball striking technique. Nowt to do wi world cup mate.

I know how many dimensions he gives us because I don't blindly clap our players and actually watch the game objectively. If Plan a doesn't work - I.e. hit it long to him, hopefully it sticks and play from there - then Nuhiu simply cannot offer another option, he's so one dimensional and rigid in terms of his tactical flexibility it's frightening considering the figures being touted for what he's worth.

Our tactics, and reliance on Nuhiu encourages opposition to sit deep and we simply do not have the quality to pick apart packed defences.

Hence my point about us being reliant on set-pieces and keep clean sheets. Because frankly, from the games I've seen recently, while being encouraging in terms of matching teams, have little to no attacking ability and intent because we simply can't carve open defences.

It might sound a big ask and maybe I'm overestimating abilities. But I'm concerned that when teams figure us out - and it's not a coincidence that so many managers have highlighted our long balls/passes, whichever you prefer - the goals will dry up, and the results will suffer.

Hopefully, Hope will alleviate some of this with some much needed pace and power.

But anybody seriously suggesting Nuhiu is worth anywhere near £3m is bonkers. It may work if we partnered Nuhiu with pace. But that isn't going to happen because we've spent a lot of money on May and Gray won't want to waste him.

Therefore for me, we need a genuine partner to complement May. Nuhiu isn't fast enough. As good a player as he may well be, it isn't enough in the modern day to get away with it if we have aspirations for promotion.

Away games - perfect. Stick him up top and keep it tight. In games where we go a goal down, Nuhiu is next to useless because teams sit back and he doesnt have the capability to make the difference despite the ability he does have because the guy can't run.

We are far too one dimensional at the moment. As I said the other day I'm encouraged. We kept possession very well on Saturday but it reeked of Barcelona last season - dictated play but couldn't get anywhere near to opening up opposition defences unless there was a bit of magic or a mistake from a set-piece.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the fact I helped get this thread ever closer to 100 pages.

Barcelona may have struggled in some games last season but you have just compared our struggles to open teams up to a team that scored 100 league goals last season.

If that is where we are at then long may we continue to 'reek of Barcelona last season'!

Guest JonTheOwl66

There's no point in arguing with Jon, because he's either blind, hasn't got anything in-between his Ears, or more than likely doesn't got to matches.

Yep, I'm all three.