Thin squad? Really?

The first 11 picked itself more or less on Saturday.

Are you happy with the alternative 11?

Kirkland

Young Kelhar Zayatte Floro

? Semed Corry Mcabe ?

Madine

The first 11 picked itself more or less on Saturday.

Are you happy with the alternative 11?

Kirkland

Young Kelhar Zayatte Floro

? Semed Corry Mcabe ?

Madine

But we will almost certainly never have to play that alternative 11 at the same time. Kirkland, Semedo and Madine have and potentially still could contribute to the first team from that. I'm still slightly hesitant on ruling out Zayatte completley either and we've not seen anything of Kelhar outside of pre-season games.

I also think we could benefit from applying some faith in our youth. Bringing through 1 or 2 players per season, even if it's just for games like tonight or to make appearences off the bench, should be a realistic aim. We signed a couple more development players in the summer and both Stobbs (a winger) and Betra (striker) appear to be highly rated.

Alternative 11 is -

...................Kirkland

Buxton....Zayatte....Kelhar.....Floro

Lavery...Semedo...Mccabe..Helan

............Madine...May

I'd say personally just need definately a Winger(Marshall) & Possibly Striker(Wood) then i'm happy.  

Leaves youngsters

Dawson

Young

Stobbs/Croasdale/Corry

Betra/Dieswere

For emergencys so we cant fit many more in to squad.

Edited by coopswfc76

Three more signings and in the right positions and we will have a pretty decent squad at this level. 

Personally I'd like another central midfielder, another winger and someone up top. 

Think we are pretty well stocked in defence and our goalkeeping options are as good as anything you'll get at this level. 

Subs bench on Saturday:-

Kirkland

Floro

Zayatte

Kelhar? Forget his name, been on holiday.

Semedo

McCabe

Madine

How anybody can look at one of the weakest Wednesday benches in living memory and think our squad is not hopelessly weak is kidding themselves.

If we had gone one down we had two options. An unproven 'ball player' or an unproven Championship striker .

Subs bench on Saturday:-

Kirkland

Floro

Zayatte

Kelhar? Forget his name, been on holiday.

Semedo

McCabe

Madine

How anybody can look at one of the weakest Wednesday benches in living memory and think our squad is not hopelessly weak is kidding themselves.

If we had gone one down we had two options. An unproven 'ball player' or an unproven Championship striker .

Add in Buxton, Lavery, May and Helan plus a couple of new signings and it'll look a lot rosier.

What we desperately need is somebody who can consistently deliver quality balls into the box from free kicks and corners.  We have the players to create big problems for defenders if we can get the ball into the right area, something we seem to have failed to do recently.  A good quick winger who can deliver this as well would be perfect.  I think this is more important than another striker as the likes of Nuhiu & Madine would probably score more goals with better service from set pieces etc.

Guest Deleted member

Buxton, May, Helan and Lavery to be factored in but we still look 2 or 3 light.

That doesn't fit well with the Fedor agenda

That doesn't fit well with the Fedor agenda

Can't speak for Fedor or any agenda he may have but, I think his post earlier the previous page looking at our current second string squad (given injuries etc) was pretty close. No doubt we can field a second string team but, are they of a level that we'd want if we're to progress this season? I still expect us to bring in 3-4 (and maybe a couple of those will be loanees) and we should be looking a lot better. Lavery could be out for some time with his injury, a bad loss given his performances last season.

Edited by themaskedowl