Thin squad? Really?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/12/is-stevie-may-the-missing-link-for-sheffield-wednesday/?

Interesting piece just published. Highlighting our lack of shots on Saturday and the impact this lack of firepower had on our points tally last season. If you don't have a dig you don't score. Simples.

Stevie May, permission to shoot granted.

Smite them down upon your bearded anvil of brilliance.

UTO

Edited by F. Spiksley

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/12/is-stevie-may-the-missing-link-for-sheffield-wednesday/?

Interesting piece just published. Highlighting our lack of shots on Saturday and the impact this lack of firepower had on our points tally last season. If you don't have a dig you don't score. Simples.

Stevie May, permission to shoot granted.

Smite them down upon your bearded anvil of brilliance.

UTO

I noticed the shots on goal stat on Saturday. Not the best stat, and perhaps the result helped to hide it somewhat.

I noticed the shots on goal stat on Saturday. Not the best stat, and perhaps the result helped to hide it somewhat.

Yep. Optimism replaced by forensic analysis of our performance. The Wednesday way... lol

Derby, even though we're at home will be a stern test. Hopefully Gray will have also picked holes in the performance and worked on these before Satdi.

And will become more pertinent when we are at home and expected to take the game to the opposition Tonight will be the first tester for us

Yep. Optimism replaced by forensic analysis of our performance. The Wednesday way... lol

Derby, even though we're at home will be a stern test. Hopefully Gray will have also picked holes in the performance and worked on these before Satdi.

Haha! Touche. I should just enjoy myself (like I've been telling others to).

Can't speak for Fedor or any agenda he may have but, I think his post earlier the previous page looking at our current second string squad (given injuries etc) was pretty close. No doubt we can field a second string team but, are they of a level that we'd want if we're to progress this season? I still expect us to bring in 3-4 (and maybe a couple of those will be loanees) and we should be looking a lot better. Lavery could be out for some time with his injury, a bad loss given his performances last season.

If my agenda is wanting whats best for the club then yes I have an agenda.

We can't all clap happily like the Grandads of this world and accept anything.

Add in Buxton, Lavery, May and Helan plus a couple of new signings and it'll look a lot rosier.

But there will always be injuries!

And it doesn't help much.

Lavery and May would help attacking options but even then if Every single player is fit and we play 4-3-3 you are likely to have attacking options on the bench of Nuhiu, Madine and Lavery. IF EVERYBODY IS FIT.

We'd need incredible luck to get anywhere. We are already minus Lavery.

I am by no means a doom monger just realistic and evenly balanced. I also won't be claiming we're the worst team in the world when we next lose.

Lavery and May would help attacking options but even then if Every single player is fit and we play 4-3-3 you are likely to have attacking options on the bench of Nuhiu, Madine and Lavery. IF EVERYBODY IS FIT.

I am by no means a doom monger just realistic and evenly balanced. I also won't be claiming we're the worst team in the world when we next lose.

How dare you tell it how it is?

You should say we are in fine shape, gunning for automatic and have the best players n the world in every position.

For me we're still about 4/5 quality player's away. 2 winger's (Marshall plus 1) a creative midfielder (will get shot of down for this, but I would sign Eagles, he could also fill in on the wing). A striker, a left back and a central defender.(no idea who). If I was being greedy I would also say a right back so Palmer can cover in midfield.

For me we're still about 4/5 quality player's away. 2 winger's (Marshall plus 1) a creative midfielder (will get shot of down for this, but I would sign Eagles, he could also fill in on the wing). A striker, a left back and a central defender.(no idea who). If I was being greedy I would also say a right back so Palmer can cover in midfield.

4/5 quality players away from what though?

I don't think were that may players away from being a very good team, I think we are that many players away from challenging for automatic promotion.

Doom Monger  lol

Guest londonowl1

Our squad really does lack quality.

I think Stuart Gray has done very well to create a good spirit and organised the team well.

But we need 2 or 3 quality players desperately if we are to be competitive over the season.

Its not really a question of quantity its the quality that needs upping in several areas

Theres the rub...you can have 20 left back players...but if only 1 of 'em is decent..you've got one...

Despite the great result at Brighton, we do need strengthening in several areas....

"Palmer can play here there and everywhere"..is not good enough...cos Nuhiu..could play centre back..as could Lavery...would they be any good there?..probably not.

Its strength in depth in major positions that we need..