Sam Hutchinson: Wednesday's Best Coiffed?

A good 40+ years before my time, but these lads sported some reyt cuts!

Redfern Froggatt (back left), Ron Staniforth (3rd from left, front) and Roy Shiner (4th from left, front) are my particular favourites!

post-14-1252602122.jpg

Froggatt's 'do is a travesty; Sam Hutchinson wouldn't be seen dead with a mop like that atop his head. Now Quixall? He looks like he's made an effort.

Hands down it has to be Phil king

No way! He was a classic example of a player whose hair looked carefully blow-dried and foppishly tousled when he lined up for kick-off but then instantly turned into a sweaty mess as soon as he started playing.

Exhibit A:

post-37726-0-84090500-1406824322.png

He really needed some of Hutchinson's anti-sweat product to keep him looking salon-fresh for longer.

Got to be Amado.

May have only played one friendly but his hair was legendary.

A definite contender. He could have started a trend among our more tonsorially ambitious fans, but unfortunately we were denied the greatness of that quiff for more than a fleeting moment.

It's a shame we couldn't partner him with Hutchinson as our super-quiffed midfield enforcers…opponents would have been so dazzled by their extraordinary hairstyles that we could have easily nicked the ball from them as they stared into the depths of their souls to wonder, 'why isn't my hair as cool as his?'

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Is it?

Gary Madine.png

I suppose it has a certain brash appeal to the younger fans. It's not even close to the urbane elegance of Hutchinson's cultured coiffure, though.

Hahahah older fans have no hair ;) receding or bald ;)

I'm young so Madines is good

In fashion ATM seems to me that hair with a beard or facial hair of some sort hahaha lol

Hahahah older fans have no hair ;) receding or bald ;)

I'm young so Madines is good

In fashion ATM seems to me that hair with a beard or facial hair of some sort hahaha lol

Oh yes, a good beard goes a long way to completing a gentleman's look. In fact, I'd say a truly impressive beard is one thing our team is missing now that Reda's gone.

I thought it was widely accepted that we have now reached  ' Peak Beard'?

Madines new look is good. Though I'd prefer he went slightly more old fashioned and piled on the Brylcream or Lard for the plastic plate drying rack look rather than the more south American style, piece of grotty string,

Edited by Lord Snooty

No way! He was a classic example of a player whose hair looked carefully blow-dried and foppishly tousled when he lined up for kick-off but then instantly turned into a sweaty mess as soon as he started playing.

Exhibit A:

attachicon.gifPhil King.png

He really needed some of Hutchinson's anti-sweat product to keep him looking salon-fresh for longer.

King looks like the kid from that film with Cher, Mask.