Gervais Martel

If you were buying the club would you give the old owner millions to spend in the budget when you don't fully run/own the club?

A smart man says no.

No but they said that hm would install his people in and around the club. He's also kept mm on as chairman. By getting the squad together before the season starts he is actually protecting his investment.

Edited by mike312

the quickest ratification process was around 4 weeks for  Charlton's Roland Duchatelet 

here is a quote from him on the process

“The process was actually quite straightforward, as long as you have the answers to the League’s questions. None of them were particularly difficult. They (the League) just want to understand whether you have got the money to finance the club’s business plan, as they don’t want their clubs to end up in administration a few months after they have approved a takeover as it would be very embarrassing for them.

“Nearly all Championship clubs need extra funding to help them balance their books. So, the League doesn’t sign off any takeovers unless you can show them that you have got enough money to meet the club’s financial commitments, as well as showing them where that money has come from.

“This meant us providing financial details of all the companies involved in the group so that we could prove that we could meet the financial projects we gave to the League.

“We also had to provide letters showing that we could call upon that funding, as and when the club needed it. You have obviously got to meet the fit and proper persons’ test too, but that’s essentially self-certification against published criteria.

“As long as you haven’t got anything in your background that would lead to you being disqualified, it is relatively simple.

“In our case, we could supply everything the League asked for pretty much straight away and the takeover was approved in around a month.”

as was said earlier by someone hows will be a little mit more complicated with the paperwork been from Azerbaijan

Good find - probably the most info anyone has provided on the process.

I would imagine in striking a deal, the last thing Milan wil want to have said is, "Oh by the way, it'll probably be 6 weeks before we can dot the i's and cross the t's - and you'll need to stump up some accounts from all the businesses you own in Azerbaijan."

Are you seriously suggesting that an international business with access to lawyers, advisers etc could not produce and supply the necessary documentation for the FL in 6 weeks?

My experience and knowledge is that when parties want to do deals, and have the funds to do the deal, then they employ the lawyers and advisers and find a way.

On the other hand when the funds aren't there it is amazing how much more complicated everything can become....

Someone posted an example above of a takeover where all documents were provided quickly and it still took 4 weeks. So 6 weeks isn't owt to worry about.

Are you seriously suggesting that an international business with access to lawyers, advisers etc could not produce and supply the necessary documentation for the FL in 6 weeks?

My experience and knowledge is that when parties want to do deals, and have the funds to do the deal, then they employ the lawyers and advisers and find a way.

On the other hand when the funds aren't there it is amazing how much more complicated everything can become....

You're assuming the delay is not with the FL processing the info.

I doubt you can jump on companies house and check out the Baghlan Group for a few bob.

Total ballox mate, I've worked in export for a major Blue chip International company and the beurocracy you have to go through just to send things to Europe can be mind bogglingly frustrating so anyone trying to take over a british company from an "at risk" country close to Russia and Iran with the human rights record that make the Klingons look friendly are always going to take time..

When have you heard the words pre-season budget or available funds in ANY discussion with a Wednesday board over the last 50 years ? This is from the French press and Lens...FFS

Never but there must always have been discussions regarding budget in every closed season. At the time when this went live there must have been a discussion along the lines of; it takes normally x amount of time for everthing to be ratified, that may not give us enough time to get the players we need before the season starts, do we have a plan b if the takeover isn't through before say August? I don't understand your point about France?

Total ballox mate, I've worked in export for a major Blue chip International company and the beurocracy you have to go through just to send things to Europe can be mind bogglingly frustrating so anyone trying to take over a british company from an "at risk" country close to Russia and Iran with the human rights record that make the Klingons look friendly are always going to take time..

Export to Europe...an invoice, a packing list and an EUR1?

Mind boggling...

Are you saying the funds are not there how do you know this to be the case.

Mind boggling...

Erm, what about where the ownership is passed, who will pay the transport cost and where to ? When will the bill be paid ? Who is responsible for what etc, etc.

Course if you're only operating on Ebay you might not have these problems..

Mind boggling...

it does of course depend on what your selling.I know of a company that had to wait 4 weeks to get a shipping list approved in June of this year.

Mind boggling...

Given the amount of money involved and the fact that this is outside of the EU, I would imagine the money laundering checks are likely to take some considerable time for starters. Never mind anything else.

We are talking a huge sum of money here and the authorities will want full details of exactly where it has come from.

United's takeover on the other hand would not have needed this as the amount involved was below the Money Laundering threshold!

Edited by Utah Owl

Given the amount of money involved and the fact that this is outside of the EU, I would imagine the money laundering checks are likely to take some considerable time for starters. Never mind anything else.

We are talking a huge sum of money here and the authorities will want full details of exactly where it has come from.

United's takeover on the other hand would not have needed this as the amount involved was below the Money Laundering threshold!

Spot on !

Money laundering threshold is £1.01 then ?

lol, lol lol

Erm, what about where the ownership is passed, who will pay the transport cost and where to ? When will the bill be paid ? Who is responsible for what etc, etc.

Course if you're only operating on Ebay you might not have these problems..

Err the invoice... Prices, qty,inco terms, credit terms,conditions of sale such as retention of title etc

I wonder weather there was all this hysteria for Leicester fans when it took the very credible and rich owners of Leicester even LONGER than this to pass the FL process of approval?

Some people on this site no matter what you tell them will not believe it's going to go through, and that's fine. Then most probably those people won't show there faces again if/when it does. We will see.

Edited by RichieB

Err the invoice... Prices, qty,inco terms, credit terms,conditions of sale such as retention of title etc

COMMERCIAL INVOICE

CLUB:Sheffield Wednesday

QTY: 1

PAYMENT TERMS: PRO FORMA

VALUE: £40m

DIRECTORS SIGNATURE

Milan Mandaric

- why on earth is this taking so long? That took me 2 minutes.