Gervais Martel

"What do you mean, the whole of the world doesn't speak Azerbaijani. How can this be, what language do they speak in this country called England?"

i think you will find that English is the international standard language, that why all aircraft pilots for example speak English, now we have tied that up can we get back to topic  :rolleyes:

i think you will find that English is the international standard language, that why all aircraft pilots for example speak English, now we have tied that up can we get back to topic  :rolleyes:

So we agree then, Mammadov has all the tools available to fax, email, send documents within seconds/a couple of days to the FL.

We also agree that the mutli millionaire (and the Bank of Az) will be very used to producing business documents in English and will have ready available processes and services for this. Pheeewww!

The talks between MM and HM apparently were ongoing for some time without any indication it was happening until last minute! That suggests to me that both parties operate under the radar and don't make statements until something solid needs announcing / quashing! That suggests to me that MM and HM will continue to operate under the radar with the FL until something solid (positive or negative) comes from it all! Until then we have to trust that MM has Wednesdays best interests at heart as he has always done! MM isn't a mug! He's a shrewd and very experienced business man who's made many deals in the past! Just look at the deal he brokered with the coop bank in regards to debt! That was very shrewd business tactics! Of course he will always put himself and his family first but he always has the best interests of the club at the forefront of his dealings! Look at the situation with his wife... Over in America and unwell... He didn't just drop us and buggar off to look after her full time and jeopardise the club! MM will, as he always has, see us through anything to the end and look after the club and it's interests! He's even agreed to stay on as chairman post takeover to make sure it is a smooth transition and to ensure Wednesdays future is preserved! The takeover (and potential signings) does not mean Wednesday will have success on the field... The players still need to perform and get results! Money helps but does not buy success! Leicester have taken ?3 seasons since their takeover to gain promotion and they have spent big!

So we agree then, Mammadov has all the tools available to fax, email, send documents within seconds/a couple of days to the FL.

We also agree that the mutli millionaire (and the Bank of Az) will be very used to producing business documents in English and will have ready available processes and services for this. Pheeewww!

We agree that all the tools are there regarding the delivery of said items , what i dont agree with is that it would be a simple as passing EU documents, they will need to be checked and verified much more than any document sent from a EU source, that i Guarantee you

We agree that all the tools are there regarding the delivery of said items , what i dont agree with is that it would be a simple as passing EU documents, they will need to be checked and verified much more than any document sent from a EU source, that i Guarantee you

What EU documents? Do the EU have documents for this? It will be FL documents & the FL will have ratified takeovers from many countrys.

Owlse, since the delay & RC Lens problems began, the thought police on here have spewed a load of excuse which are all false

1, Initial, process nowt to do with funding, just a character test (see your good find, Charlton quote), all about funding

2, He's bought the club, it's a done deal, but can't run it, again bully poo poo

3, Now its' the FL fault and a language problem from a non EU country

Please we don't need these false and made up excuses, if it goes boobies up, it goes boobies up. We can deal with it and don't need patronising, by people who know no more than the rest of us.

Edited by zzmdu

Guest wilyfox

Why are people pretending they have insight to how the whole FL process works? None of us know exactly what's involved. Clearly not even Milan can put an accurate timescale on approval - and he's in the thick of it all. We're at the mercy of the FL, and it happens when it happens.

The talks between MM and HM apparently were ongoing for some time without any indication it was happening until last minute! That suggests to me that both parties operate under the radar and don't make statements until something solid needs announcing / quashing! That suggests to me that MM and HM will continue to operate under the radar with the FL until something solid (positive or negative) comes from it all! Until then we have to trust that MM has Wednesdays best interests at heart as he has always done! MM isn't a mug! He's a shrewd and very experienced business man who's made many deals in the past! Just look at the deal he brokered with the coop bank in regards to debt! That was very shrewd business tactics! Of course he will always put himself and his family first but he always has the best interests of the club at the forefront of his dealings! Look at the situation with his wife... Over in America and unwell... He didn't just drop us and buggar off to look after her full time and jeopardise the club! MM will, as he always has, see us through anything to the end and look after the club and it's interests! He's even agreed to stay on as chairman post takeover to make sure it is a smooth transition and to ensure Wednesdays future is preserved! The takeover (and potential signings) does not mean Wednesday will have success on the field... The players still need to perform and get results! Money helps but does not buy success! Leicester have taken ?3 seasons since their takeover to gain promotion and they have spent big!

Ridiculous number of exclamation marks doesn't make it any easier to read.

Guest HighGreen_Owl

Why are people pretending they have insight to how the whole FL process works? None of us know exactly what's involved. Clearly not even Milan can put an accurate timescale on approval - and he's in the thick of it all. We're at the mercy of the FL, and it happens when it happens.

I can understand why Owls fans want it confirming but I agree. Some on here must be sitting in meetings with Milan and HM with their knowledge of FL process. Milan said he would update fans when he has more news. Presuming this will be when a decision is made by FL. I think some of Owls fans are getting carried away with HM and Milan saying they want to speed up chances of getting back to premier league. In my view this happened at perfect time, I wouldn't have wanted this happening when season had started, this gives process a chance to be completed and gives us a chance to bring in new players up to the close of the transfer window. Wish some Owls fans had a bit of patience. 

With Gray saying he hopes to sign Tardieu before we return from Slovenia and that he can't complete the deal til the takeover is ratified (hate that word now!) I'm confident things are OK.

I'm sure if MM was worried things had gone boobies up he'd have told Gray it's off and to forget the Tardieu deal.

With Gray saying he hopes to sign Tardieu before we return from Slovenia and that he can't complete the deal til the takeover is ratified (hate that word now!) I'm confident things are OK.

I'm sure if MM was worried things had gone boobies up he'd have told Gray it's off and to forget the Tardieu deal.

I think more likely that Gray has no idea of where the ratification is and he just wants to make the signing before the end of the week.

I think he's possibly saying this to put a certain amount of pressure on Mandaric as if it goes beyond a week he suspects he may lose out on the player.

Ridiculous number of exclamation marks doesn't make it any easier to read.

Sorry about the essay.... You go back to your pop up books where you can read and feel happy! Who's a good boy! Yes, you are! Very good boy!! (Extra exclamation mark there just did you)

I think more likely that Gray has no idea of where the ratification is and he just wants to make the signing before the end of the week.

I think he's possibly saying this to put a certain amount of pressure on Mandaric as if it goes beyond a week he suspects he may lose out on the player.

Doubt Gray will be kept in the dark! If MM knows now that there's issues with ratification, why wouldn't he tell Gray? As he'd have to adjust his transfer targets accordingly.

Why would MM let Gray pursue a player, speak to him and agree terms with him knowing we can't sign him anyway?

Nah don't agree.

MM's still confident IMO.

Guest mrbluesky

I've seen Tardieu in Meadowhall with his Mum. 100% deffo him. Only impressions I got was how skinny he was, not the same build as your average CM

:rolleyes:

Agreed

Gray puts his points across well in a subtle way

Self preservation

What a load of nonsense.

If it was within our budget without takeover, they'd just do it, it's agreed.

If it's reliant on the takeover then Gray saying that is hardly going to make MM crumble under the pressure and make a signing he didn't want to make!

lol

What a load of nonsense.

If it was within our budget without takeover, they'd just do it, it's agreed.

If it's reliant on the takeover then Gray saying that is hardly going to make MM crumble under the pressure and make a signing he didn't want to make!

lol

I don't think that was the point.

To me he's making it clear that he's highlighted a player(s), with the deal(s) agreed, but the off field situation is preventing him from bringing him (them) in.

He's aligning his frustration with the fan base (some of whom are on the pre season tour) and making it clear he's not got a great deal of influence in this tangle we're in.

Self preservation, should the pressure really start to mount.