Gervais Martel

He didn't need to be ratified. He is and was already known to the FL and was owner of Leicester city

You sure? 

His deal to buy SWFC had nothing to do with Leicester, so why would his financial plans forSWFC not need consideration. John Ryan who ran Doncaster for years, and who still owns 25% of the company, had to have his deal ratified.

You sure?

His deal to buy SWFC had nothing to do with Leicester, so why would his financial plans forSWFC not need consideration. John Ryan who ran Doncaster for years, and who still owns 25% of the company, had to have his deal ratified.

Maybe he did go through a shorter process seeing as they already knew him and he did it in the background after he took us over. Not hard is it.

You sure? 

His deal to buy SWFC had nothing to do with Leicester, so why would his financial plans forSWFC not need consideration. John Ryan who ran Doncaster for years, and who still owns 25% of the company, had to have his deal ratified.

positive 

Funny that because we keep being told that it is hard and always takes months!

Use your head, each takeover is different and each one will take the time it needs to take. Milan Mandaric is well known to the football league, hafiz mammadov isn't. It's clearly taken John Ryan the time it's taken because they were scrambling around for funds, when Milan takes over, he already has them there and then.

This deal will take as long as it takes. We have seen in the past these things CAN take time and this one clearly is. It's not rocket science. But you believe what you want, I'm just looking forward to championship football very soon.

And if this deal doesn't happen, then I'm still looking forward to championship football, that ok for you?

You sure?

His deal to buy SWFC had nothing to do with Leicester, so why would his financial plans forSWFC not need consideration. John Ryan who ran Doncaster for years, and who still owns 25% of the company, had to have his deal ratified.

John Ryan owned Donny yes, the one direction lad didn't so the process had to start again.

Uk football investments owned Leicester, and went onto own Wednesday with no new investors - no need for ratification.

the quickest ratification process was around 4 weeks for  Charlton's Roland Duchatelet 

here is a quote from him on the process

“The process was actually quite straightforward, as long as you have the answers to the League’s questions. None of them were particularly difficult. They (the League) just want to understand whether you have got the money to finance the club’s business plan, as they don’t want their clubs to end up in administration a few months after they have approved a takeover as it would be very embarrassing for them.

“Nearly all Championship clubs need extra funding to help them balance their books. So, the League doesn’t sign off any takeovers unless you can show them that you have got enough money to meet the club’s financial commitments, as well as showing them where that money has come from.

“This meant us providing financial details of all the companies involved in the group so that we could prove that we could meet the financial projects we gave to the League.

“We also had to provide letters showing that we could call upon that funding, as and when the club needed it. You have obviously got to meet the fit and proper persons’ test too, but that’s essentially self-certification against published criteria.

“As long as you haven’t got anything in your background that would lead to you being disqualified, it is relatively simple.

“In our case, we could supply everything the League asked for pretty much straight away and the takeover was approved in around a month.”

as was said earlier by someone hows will be a little mit more complicated with the paperwork been from Azerbaijan

Edited by owlse

Ok...just out of curiousity could you post a link to, or paste a copy of, the FL rule exempting previous club owners from the ratification process.

the only process i think that would have been needed is the fit and proper persons test

and this is a simply self certification document

I'm almost at the point where I'm past caring now. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. I'm not worried though tbh I still think it will go through....eventually.

lol

see my positivity is rubbing off on you lol

as was said earlier by someone hows will be a little mit more complicated with the paperwork been from Azerbaijan

I think you're right, I hear that the Azerbaijan Carrier Pigeon Service is very slow.

If only the multi millionaire international business men there would learn to use fax machines, email and courier services

Edited by zzmdu

I think you're right, I hear that the Azerbaijan Carrier Pigeon Service is very slow.

If only the multi millionaire international business men there would learn to use fax machines, email and courier services

its not a case of transfer of them , but the language and the documents them selfs will be new to the FL

they wont be English or EU documents that i would think have some kind of standard

its not a case of transfer of them , but the language and the documents them selfs will be new to the FL

they wont be English or EU documents that i would think have some kind of standard

"What do you mean, the whole of the world doesn't speak Azerbaijani. How can this be, what language do they speak in this country called England?"