Shopping list for close season. New signings

Macheda, Melis and St.Ledger on perm deals.

Chris Wood on loan, half or full season.

some CB and CM on running loans to provide competition.

If we have most players not injured, this just might be enough for Playoffs.

(Provided we sign Kirkland and Loovens at least from our outgoing contracts.)

Edited by BenitoCarbone

I think if we carry on looking to the leagues below coupled with loans I think we could potentially have an interest in players such as

Doug loft - port vale captain with broken face. Available on a free but scored 9 or so from midfield. Can play central or wide left.

Jack grealish - currently on loan at notts county from Villa. He's quite a tall gangly wide player who plays with a bit of a swagger and uses both feet. I saw him playing for Notts county recently and he was pretty good. Poor mans waddle. Even has the floppy hair. 5 goals and plenty of assists this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on loan in our league or perhaps get a look in at Villa.

Federico Macheda - can't see us signing Fryatt as much as id love us to but Macheda could be more likely. I suspect most of our budget will go here and on a centre half. Ishmael miller couldve been another before he walked out on Yeovil.

Can't think of any decent championship centre halves who are likely to be on a Bosman but I suspect that's where we will be looking.

I suspect there will be a lot of interest in the same players, we probably won't end up signing any of my suggestions but I'd he surprised if we haven't looked at some of them. Hopefully the summer will be better than last seasons window anyway!

Jack Grealish is an interesting shout. I'd love to see him here but there's going be a load of clubs wanting him. That's if Villa even let him back out on loan. They probably will, and it will more than likely be to a championship club, but Lambert does give youngsters a chance and a lot of Villa fans are excited about seeing him in the first team.

Might be worth a sniff around at Leicester . some of their promotion winning team may be available on season long loans to make way for the new signings they will no doubt be making. Obviously id love to go for Vardy who may be allowed out on loan if they sign big name strikers . 

Why does Mellis keep getting a shout? Has he been linked with us?

I think he's woeful and so do a lot of Barnsley supporters.

Guest Parks96

IF we can keep Onyewu, and Loovens, our defence is OK. Maybe a new RB to replace Reda, and a CB to replace Taylor/Llera

Then:

1 CM 1 CAM (creative attacking flowing football)

2 ST (Fryatt would be a last resort. There are better)

All signings Championship level and/or above!

And maybe a new GK to cover for Kirkland?

And maybe a new GK to cover for Kirkland?

Not a MASSIVE overhaul but we do need to ship a few out.

Onyewu, Reda, Llera, Taylor, Prutton, JJ, Madine and one of Gardner/Zayatte and Corry/McCabe need to go.

Players we need to be bringing in or retaining should be along the lines of Kirkland, Loovens, St Ledger, Hutchinson, Sharp/Fryatt, Buckley/Lua Lua and Chris Wood and Gary Gardner on season long loans.

Kirkland and Loovens are a must! So is St Ledger as CB is our priority this Summer!

Edited by Babushka1867

My shopping list for S6:

• Some new pies.  Remember when we had the hendos pies with peas and gravy? back to this please! My pie I had on Monday was just... a burnt pie thrown in a carton upside down.
  • Some flowers/trees planted around the Kop where it's just mud and litter.  Conifers would be alright, perennial and low maintenance, make a massive difference.
  • Chris Kirkland.
  • Glen Loovens.
  • a bunch of other NEW players not regurgitated loans.
  • not Ricardo Vaz Te because he's awful.

If we are to improve on this seasons efforts, we will need better players. Are we realistically going to find better players than Wickham and Fryatt? Sure, they weren't our players, but would we accept inferior players if we could call them our own. If we are looking to be less reliant on the loan system, and I agree we need to be, it's doubtful whether we will get players the calibre of Wickham and Barkley

Cathcart is a good shout at centre back.

Melis in CM I like. Is he on a free?

Luke Freeman could be a superb free signing for a wide man or someone to play off a lone striker. He has that something else needed to unlock a defence.

For out and out strikers, either Fryatt, Macheda. What's the beef with Vaz Te? He's always looked like a quick strong striker with good ability in front of goal but I haven't paid much attention to West Ham in recent times. Is it an attitude thing? Macheda impressed me with his attitude a few times when I've seen him this season. So for me it's him as number 1 striking target.

Loovens and Gooch (unlikely) have to be top of the list at the moment. Then Hutch on a 1 year gamble. If we were to get those 3 sorted early doors, I think we'd have every right to be optimistic for the rest of the summer.

Then just to chuck some other names in the hat, based on what I've seen/heard/read,

Jack Grealish - As already mentioned

Conor Coady - Decent L1 season under his belt. Liverpool will surely want him playing at a higher level next time. Good passer, good engine and looks like he's got goals in him.

Will Packwood - Young Brum defender. Even though he scored an own goal at Hillsborough and has played in a poor side, he looks the best out of their young defence. Klinsmann obviously rates him as he's already called him up to US national side. If Brum go down he'll probably have to move if he wants an international career.

Scott Hogan - Would be a big gamble signing a L2 player. Probably not dirt cheap in L2 terms, but wages would be a lot less than a Sharp/Lita/Fryatt etc, and he seems to know where the net is. If Rochdale don't go up he'll surely be on the move.

I'm not convinced we have to sign proven championship players in order to compete. They cost a bomb in wages and everyone wants them for a start. We've shown we can compete with the current side.

2 new CM's (Mellis & Arter)

Would love somebody like Harry Arter, unfortunately there's absolutely no chance of that happening.

Think Mellis has gone backwards a bit but he's not a bad shout, Dale Jennings probably wouldn't be too bad either.