To the guy who decided to "assault" my daughter at the game today...

It doesn't make it right though Liam, I have been to many away games with plenty of rowdy drunk people, we never disrespected anyone and if we saw younger kids we tried to move or calmed down, its respect and we have so many fans not just ours either now who have no respect and its frightening.

Its not much better at home games apart from less fighting

Personally if I see kids around me then I'll be careful with my language, as I'm sure most of us do. But you can't account for the simpletons sadly mate.

There are worse and there are better behaved, that's not the point.

I went to my first ever rugby union game last month and although I have zero interest in the sport it was a different world, fans drinking together no hassle no bother no swearing

yeah that's the thing Liam it isn't hard to do that and fair play to you, I am not saying none can swear I mean I am sure most have done it but at least have some respect if kids are about and move or calm it.

For me that's the biggest issue far too many simpletons now as you say

Leaping Lannys Perm I think you deserve huge credit for restraining yourself and not lowering yourself to the standard of this imbecile.

A very disturbing incident.

Nothing  upsets kids more than seeing their parents kicking off. You've shown yourself as a dad she can be proud of by not getting involved with this worthless sh*theap.

Sadly as many have said these morons still frequent the game sadly.

I hope that your daughter isn't put of watching the Wednesday.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Guest Sheff Owl

There isn't anything wrong with people wanting to get a bit drunk and watch the football match but there is some no doubt that are more interested in getting drunk and causing trouble.

Football seems secondary.

I was sat, well stood, a couple of rows behind this incident. The sad bloke who kicked off quickly shat himself when he realised that there were others in the crowd that had witnessed it and were prepared to stand up to him. He didn't reappear for the second half and I can only assume that he chickened out and went and sat, well stood, somewhere else, the typical baldy, wannabe  hooligan.

After the match there was fighting near the Beefeater, which I witnessed very closely with my young son who was attending his first away game.

Yes, I have a drink before the match like many people, but if you are going to the match with the sole intention of getting p*ssed, picking on seven year old girls and then scrapping afterwards could I suggest that you do something more constructive instead, if you have the ability that is, coz you don't represent me, my club or my follow supporters.

UTO

I stopped going to away matches a few seasons ago due to the increasing number of drunk and aggresive fellow fans.

I find it embarrasing to see grown men who dont seem to be able to handle their pop, stumbling about singing racists songs and squaring up to fellow fans.

I cringe when some posters on here defend getting blind drunk at a game, and joke about not being able to remember the match.

Absolutely pathetic.

last night my Mrs wasnt feeling too well and said if she doesnt feel any better she may not go, but suggested i take our 8 year old

to his first owls game... my answer was i wouldnt take him if for £1000. 

She thought i was winding her up - but having been well enough this morning to attend, when we got home she said she understood what i meant.

We didnt see this incedent, hope all is ok lenny, on a slightly different topic-Anyone know what happened to the steward just before kick-off, out for the count in a wheelchair! in front of away end, dont know if he got hit or had a strokebut he was proper

out for the count?

Guest BaRmY OwLs

Not condoning the actions of the few but whats with all the fake outrage at people getting drunk?

The problem is when people can't handle there drink.

This was my first away derby game at 14 and it was horrible. Seeing coins lobbed at someone just because they played for a different team? Trying to get across to the Donny fans? Its a sodding football match. Certainly put me off local away games in the near future.

Guest CageFightingOwl

Never take the kids away, not worth it.

I hate poo like this though, no need.

Some of these scrubbers think they can cut about pleasing themselves, they just need to meet the wrong person once.

There are worse and there are better behaved, that's not the point.

I went to my first ever rugby union game last month and although I have zero interest in the sport it was a different world, fans drinking together no hassle no bother no swearing

That sounds a bit bland to me ^^^.

Football is built on rivalry and tribalism I love all that side of the game and its been like that since yr dot. Still It dosn't mean we have to resort to violence or swearing in front of kids, as much as it dosnt mean we have to hug a couple of opposition fans whilst wearing a half scarf.

Shrewsbury owl I don't like rugby not one bit and trust me it wasn't hugging yada yad yada, it was good natured banter whilst having many beers, difference being people didn't start fighting or abusing folk once they had a beer or 2.

Do you have to swear to have banter? meh it seems that way nowadays

... I hope you are on Owlstalk and feel like a real big man after putting your hands on a seven year old little girl.

All because some guy walked past you and didn't say excuse me. This was such an offence to you that you deemed it acceptable to grab hold of my daughter and drag her off her seat so that you could get to the guy who walked past you.

And because I defended my daughter and dragged your hands off of her you decided it was a good idea start giving me threats and took a swing at me.

And best of all, you really proved what a big man you were by completely backing down when it became obvious that the entire crowd was ready to turn on you. Suddenly you had "slipped" despite the fact that you spent the pervious 2 minutes threatening me as I tried to comfort my daughter and swung for me twice.

Well I hope you are happy anyway. Now my daughter, who comes to nearly every game home and away and has been to about 35 games already this season is too scared and doesn't want to come anymore. I hope you feel like a big man now you parasitic ******* stinky flaps!

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope your daughter is ok and soon feels safe to come back to games again soon.

Shrewsbury owl I don't like rugby not one bit and trust me it wasn't hugging yada yad yada, it was good natured banter whilst having many beers, difference being people didn't start fighting or abusing folk once they had a beer or 2.

Do you have to swear to have banter? meh it seems that way nowadays

No of course not. I just think there is middle ground to found so we don't take the passion/rivalry out of football, but we do lose the knobhead behaviour the OP had to encounter today.

Like SIJ says most folk are capable of having a few bevvies and not wanting a scrap.