MILAN GET YOUR WEDGE OUT!

Guest Big Guns

Make up your mind is it £150k or 4-500k for a player who's contract is up in a few months?

lol

are you on the poppers? i said we offered 150k for him but he was available for 400 or 500k

Guest Big Guns

We're a club that doesn't have a lot of money and I don't think we need him in the sense that we will stay up without him. His contract is up in the summer so we could sign him for free then (provided he is even interested in signing for us), saving us half a million quid. That's 500k that could be spent elsewhere on the team - for another striker perhaps. If had a lot of money then 500k would be a good deal - I still wouldn't call it a bargain - but for a team like us, spending that amount when he is available for free in 6 months would just be irresponsible. 

but were desperate for a striker without one we will be in a relegation battle it will cost much more than half a million if we go down

anyone would think im saying spend 10 million lol

Guest Mancunian_Owl

but were desperate for a striker without one we will be in a relegation battle it will cost much more than half a million if we go down

anyone would think im saying spend 10 million lol

No we know your talking about spending £500,000 it does make me laugh when we talk about Football that people make it sound like a small sum.

I won't earn that amount of money in ten years, but its just a small amount of money.

:duntmatter: 

Guest Big Guns

Imagine Big Guns running the club..Pays £500k for a striker available for free in a few months..Player comes gets injured we got no more money to spend on ANY players.

=Relegation..

Big Guns running the club =Relegation and financial ruin.

big guns running the club we have Wickham and fryatt up front safe from relegation pushing for a play off spot next season spend more premiership here we come

Guest Mancunian_Owl

big guns running the club we have Wickham and fryatt up front safe from relegation pushing for a play off spot next season spend more premiership here we come

We should then sign some more big names like Vim Jonk, Gerald Sibon, Benito Carbone and pay decent fees for them.

Then we'll get into Europe.

I'm getting a bit of Deja Vu now.......

We might even be good enough for you to bother to come and watch us every now and again then.

Guest Big Guns

We might even be good enough for you to bother to come and watch us every now and again then.

that depends on wot the doctor says regarding my mysterious medical condition that stops me attending home games only when its cold

Imagine Big Guns running the club..Pays £500k for a striker available for free in a few months..Player comes gets injured we got no more money to spend on ANY players.

=Relegation..

Big Guns running the club =Relegation and financial ruin.

Don't think Fryatt will come to a div 1 team on a free at end if season...

Nutjobs like DIPPS typify the modern football fan who expects someone else to fund the club as if money grows on trees.

Easy as a keyboard warrior to spend other peoples cash.

Anyone with any intelligence knows owning a football club is almost guaranteed to lose an owner money.

MM has spent plenty buying the club, getting us out of the mire and into a higher league than when he arrived.

I don't blame the guy for not spending stupid money and flushing it down the toilet.

Clubs that want to compete have to throw big money at it. Leicester racked up £110m in debt over 3-4 years and they might well get up this season.

Brighton, a top half club who might well get in the play offs just announced an annual loss of £14.7M saying "it's the price of competing".

We tried spending daft money previously and it's cost us the last 15 years.

Stop dreaming and spending other peoples cash - wake up to the reality that we need to improve our position year on year and hope MM can find someone daft enough to waste their fortune on a club like ours. MM ain't stupid enough to do that.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

fryatts available for about half a million n all its like me spending a tenner to milan that

I take much of what I read on here with a pinch of salt, but didn't you say that you couldn't be arsed to go to the match yesterday? At a cost of £10 for pay on the dayers? Maybe MM can't be arsed to spend half a mil because its like so many fans can't be arsed to spend a tenner. 

£500,000 is peanuts tho for a 20 goals a season striker.  Really you're looking at at least 3 or 4 million for that type of player.  OK he's available on a free in the summer but no doubt there will be a number of clubs in for him and no doubt they will be prepared to pay higher wages than us. 

Guest Big Guns

I take much of what I read on here with a pinch of salt, but didn't you say that you couldn't be arsed to go to the match yesterday? At a cost of £10 for pay on the dayers? Maybe MM can't be arsed to spend half a mil because its like so many fans can't be arsed to spend a tenner.

Nail on head when he can be bothered to spend on the likes of fry at I will be bothered to spend the odd tenner