LEEDS THOUGH, It could've been us !

Getting back to the original topic..

How long are blithely gonna laugh at the shambles at Leeds, the bloody ridiculous amounts of money at Man City and Chelsea..

You can rail on forever about "We all hate Leeds an' Leeds an..whatever,

The way Coventry fans have been treated?....

Football fans are mainly tribal, We have been for a long time, and its that divides us.

Owls fans laugh at the Blades as they tumble into the lower divisions, thats fair enough...but to watch them tumble outta business?..not for me...Same goes for Leeds.

The game of football is being taken from us piecemeal, divide and conquer, and as we are already much divided its not such a difficult task.

The fit and proper persons act...How in the name of god can that be a screen?....seems anyone can take a club into turmoil ..

We sleepwalk into all this...throwin' taunts out at each other, laughin' up our sleeves at Leeds, when tomorrow it may well be us...

Blithely ignoring what is happening to someone else, because its not happening to us...

Another month has gone buy we bought no one in the transfer window ie no investment in the team, there is no buyer on the horizon and everyone on here thinks we are about to be taken over and all is rosey in the Garden, if someone was selling Emperors clothes you lot would have the full set including panties

You just love to lighten up everyone's lives don't you :tango:

Guest AbbeyOwl

Getting back to the original topic..

How long are blithely gonna laugh at the shambles at Leeds, the bloody ridiculous amounts of money at Man City and Chelsea..

You can rail on forever about "We all hate Leeds an' Leeds an..whatever,

The way Coventry fans have been treated?....

Football fans are mainly tribal, We have been for a long time, and its that divides us.

Owls fans laugh at the Blades as they tumble into the lower divisions, thats fair enough...but to watch them tumble outta business?..not for me...Same goes for Leeds.

The game of football is being taken from us piecemeal, divide and conquer, and as we are already much divided its not such a difficult task.

The fit and proper persons act...How in the name of god can that be a screen?....seems anyone can take a club into turmoil ..

We sleepwalk into all this...throwin' taunts out at each other, laughin' up our sleeves at Leeds, when tomorrow it may well be us...

Blithely ignoring what is happening to someone else, because its not happening to us...

Letting the television rights of our national game be sold to a TV company is where it all went wrong, they cornered the market, ripped off the average fan and sold the rights on overseas for Billions every single year. The day TV rights are given back to the BBC / ITV is the day some form of normality will return.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Why have we heard rumours of Milan turning DOWN bids then.

If it was such an issue no one would even have bothered bidding in the first place.

Ok I will give you an example, so Milan you want £25m for SWFC, yes I do it is a fair price, ah we think expensive and our lawyers say there is a potential liability over Hillsborough, I tell you what we will pay the £25m but you indemnify us for any claim that arises, ah................................

Guest AbbeyOwl

You just love to lighten up everyone's lives don't you :tango:

What with realism as opposed to BS, nearly typed the full word then, phew

I am telling you fact not some dreamed up idea as I want it to be, why aren't we attracting a buyer, why would you choose Leeds a commercial disaster, the assets and liabilities were never separated, we never went out of business wherever the assets went the liabilities followed dont try to fool yourself with that Company does not exist because it is rubbish

show me a precedent

Guest AbbeyOwl

Aye, how long have you been on here?

Yeah I am a blade thats why I typed 750 messages, ffs, anything people dont want to read your a blade, grow up

Abbey, sorry but can't take you seriously, due to your ludicrous comments in the thread about players being cup tied.

Was unable to reply to you due to thread being locked, but you stated the cup tie rule is in place to stop teams loaning a player in just for the cup final!!

Remind me again, when does the transfer window shut?

Guest AbbeyOwl

It looks like I've hit a raw nerve.

And how would I respond otherwise, if i say im not a blade you have hit a raw nerve and say I am a blade ahhhh I get your theory clever lol

Guest AbbeyOwl

Abbey, sorry but can't take you seriously, due to your ludicrous comments in the thread about players being cup tied.

Was unable to reply to you due to thread being locked, but you stated the cup tie rule is in place to stop teams loaning a player in just for the cup final!!

Remind me again, when does the transfer window shut?

It is pretty obvious why players become cup tied, anyhow not getting into all that again, if you cant work it out I cant help you

It is pretty obvious why players become cup tied, anyhow not getting into all that again, if you cant work it out I cant help you

I thought it was a valid question originally.

Why is it obvious? Why does the rule apply for one competition (cup) and not another (league)?

Guest AbbeyOwl

I thought it was a valid question originally.

Why is it obvious? Why does the rule apply for one competition (cup) and not another (league)?

Because a League is 40 odd games, a Cup Final, Semi etc is a few games and the competition is open for manipulation otherwise.