LEEDS THOUGH, It could've been us !

Leeds lost Millions last year hardly a commercial success and certainly not a footballing one, although you did get a footballing lesson recently lol

Loss?

How do you know that? the accounts aren't even published yet.

Like I said, even if we have, it's not down to the club being a commercial disaster, as you seem to think.

Not a bad idea, I dont support cup tied rule, seems daft if someone played in the 3rd round and then you bought him and cant play him in the final how can that be right or fair

Well actually, I was getting round to that one the other day before the thread got locked.

Edited by TaxiMark

I only accuse Blades of being Blades. You're just on of those 'Wednesdayites' that go to Hillsborough once a Sheffield Flood.

I have far more respect for Blades that go to the Lane than 'supporters' like you.

And then he presses the button next to his default button which is called 'I'm a better fan than you' button. Its actually a red coloured button at that.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Half a million quid for one appearance? how much would we pay the ref? 

What is getting to the FA Cup final worth, what is winning it worth in total, place in Europe, TV money, winning purse, commercial exposure, a hell of alot of money

Edited by AbbeyOwl

And then he presses the button next to his default button which is called 'I'm a better fan than you' button. Its actually a red coloured button at that.

Hit a raw nerve?

To be honest it's not hard to hit that button in your case. 

Edited by Sham67

Guest AbbeyOwl

How do you know that? the accounts aren't even published yet.

Like I said, even if we have, it's not down to the club being a commercial disaster, as you seem to think.

Last reported figures you lost millions hardly a commercial success, if you don't sell your best players you will lose a fortune. Best not coming on here bigging yourselves up as a success story because you aren't, more likely to be wound up again lol

What is getting to the FA Cup final worth, what is winning it worth in total, place in Europe, TV money, winning purse, commercial exposure, a hell of alot of money

Point taken but the cup tie rule needs sorting out where if a club has got a player on loan already, lets say we still had Wickham then he should be able to play V Charlton, and if we were to loan a player, then for him to be able to play in the cup game we want him for, he then has to play in a certain amount of future league games depending on the length of his loan period.

At the moment the cup tie rule is stupid, I wouldn't have begrudged Lavery playing for Plymouth in the first round for them, he went on to play quite a few L2 games for Argyle. 

Edited by TaxiMark

Guest AbbeyOwl

Point taken but the cup tie rule needs sorting out where if a club has got a player on loan already, lets say we still had Wickham then he should be able to play V Charlton, and if we were to loan a player, then for him to be able to play in the cup game we want him for, he then has to play in a certain amount of future league games depending on the length of his loan period.

At the moment the cup tie rule is stupid, I wouldn't have begrudged Lavery playing for Plymouth in the first round for them, he went on to play quite a few L2 games for Argyle. 

But then if he couldn't play for us you would rightly moan. I dont think there is an easier system that us fans would understand not saying anyone is thick but even the loan rules are so complex already with 24hr recalls etc.

Call to Steve Bruce and Gus Poyet week before semi, can we loan Wickham / Fryatt for 1 game, we need to win and will pay you 500k for the appearance? That would certainly be possible and they would accept

But you wouldn't be able to do that. The minimum loan period is 28 days, and the loan window will have shut but then anyway!

Guest AbbeyOwl

But you wouldn't be able to do that. The minimum loan period is 28 days, and the loan window will have shut but then anyway!

We will loan them for a month but have a 24hr recall and you call them back next week, there would be a way round things

Link?

Doesn't look too rosy. Are there any more recent figures?

http://spoughts.co.uk/2013/01/03/leeds-united-2012-report-debts-grow-into-millions-problematic-for-future-sale-to-gfh-capital-needed/

But why do Leeds seem to pull in so much more commercial revenue than us?  Are they good at it or are we rubbish.

Yes- I know Leeds have done much better than us in the last 50 years but that can only explain so much, surely.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Doesn't look too rosy. Are there any more recent figures?

http://spoughts.co.uk/2013/01/03/leeds-united-2012-report-debts-grow-into-millions-problematic-for-future-sale-to-gfh-capital-needed/

But why do Leeds seem to pull in so much more commercial revenue than us?  Are they good at it or are we rubbish.

Yes- I know Leeds have done much better than us in the last 50 years but that can only explain so much, surely.

Player sales?

Just Visiting hit the nail on the head.

Commercial revenue Leeds out strip Wednesday, they are a better investment proposition.

Similar size club, better commercial revenue, higher league position, similar price tag, bigger city to tap into too.

Unfortunately we have loads of off field and on field work to do.

Leeds are simply better positioned at this time, nothing to do with the disaster that's bull.

Basically investment will be hard until we sort the off field revenue.

We are high risk, big ground, low revenue, high costs.

Change it too - Low risk, big ground, lower costs - we are an investment proposition.

Milan is in a catch 22 situation.

Just Visiting hit the nail on the head.

Commercial revenue Leeds out strip Wednesday, they are a better investment proposition.

Similar size club, better commercial revenue, higher league position, similar price tag, bigger city to tap into too.

Unfortunately we have loads of off field and on field work to do.

Leeds are simply better positioned at this time, nothing to do with the disaster that's bull.

Basically investment will be hard until we sort the off field revenue.

We are high risk, big ground, low revenue, high costs.

Change it too - Low risk, big ground, lower costs - we are an investment proposition.

Milan is in a catch 22 situation.

What's the high risk with us?