LEEDS THOUGH, It could've been us !

Milan entertained Italian fraudster Massimo Cellino at the recent Macclesfield FA Cup game.

After last weeks shennanagins at Leeds United how happy are we that Milan sent him packing ? 

It reminds me we have to be careful what we wish for and exercise a little patience.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Milan entertained Italian fraudster Massimo Cellino at the recent Macclesfield FA Cup game.

After last weeks shennanagins at Leeds United how happy are we that Milan sent him packing ? 

It reminds me we have to be careful what we wish for and exercise a little patience.

From a legal/moral point of view this post could be controversial.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Does anyone believe me yet that Wednesday will not be sold before the whole Hillsborough disaster fiasco is finalised, lots of people have kicked our tyres and yet no one is prepared to buy, Leeds have several people interested. Are they bigger than us, not in my opinion, is their stadium in a better state than ours definitely not. If anything financially we are on a far stronger footing owning the Ground and training facilities. We will not be sold before the Hillsborough issue is put to bed and blame apportioned. MM will not invest further funds beyond keeping the club on care and maintenance for the same reason.

Guest Distraught!

Does anyone believe me yet that Wednesday will not be sold before the whole Hillsborough disaster fiasco is finalised, lots of people have kicked our tyres and yet no one is prepared to buy, Leeds have several people interested. Are they bigger than us, not in my opinion, is their stadium in a better state than ours definitely not. If anything financially we are on a far stronger footing owning the Ground and training facilities. We will not be sold before the Hillsborough issue is put to bed and blame apportioned. MM will not invest further funds beyond keeping the club on care and maintenance for the same reason.

What is the difference between the "tyre kickers that aren't prepared to buy" and the "interested people" at Leeds?

As far as I can see, until those interested people at Leeds put in a bid that is accepted, they are no different from the tyre kickers at Hillsborough.

In fact they may be the same people in some cases.

Leeds are after investment, Milan wants to sell the job lot. I'm not saying that the Hillsborough thing isn't putting ppl off. But there's a big difference in investment and a full takeover

Guest AbbeyOwl

That see Leeds a club without their own ground as a better risk than us, I will keep providing the dots.

Leeds are after investment, Milan wants to sell the job lot. I'm not saying that the Hillsborough thing isn't putting ppl off. But there's a big difference in investment and a full takeover

Leeds are being sold.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

That see Leeds a club without their own ground as a better risk than us, I will keep providing the dots.

Leeds are being sold.

They also see Leeds as a cash cow given their commercial income.

edit. The new owner is looking to buy Elland Road and training ground back which is more expense for him.

Edited by BirdonaMaguire

Why have we heard rumours of Milan turning DOWN bids then.

If it was such an issue no one would even have bothered bidding in the first place.

Guest AbbeyOwl

I posted a month ago why we couldn't be sold I was met with derision, the Hillsborough disaster wasn't an issue, a purchase was imminent. Still unsold, still no interest, no players purchased, no change

Guest AbbeyOwl

Why have we heard rumours of Milan turning DOWN bids then.

If it was such an issue no one would even have bothered bidding in the first place.

did you never go to see a car you fancied buying, on inspecting, the engine was shot, the paintwork dodgy and iffy looking papers??

Guest Distraught!

did you never go to see a car you fancied buying, on inspecting, the engine was shot, the paintwork dodgy and iffy looking papers??

You are arguing against your own point there.

The issues related to the disaster and well known. The potential buyers would have known about the disaster issues in advance.

There may be things that a potential investor discovers after carrying out due diligence but it is unlikely that they have direct correlation to the disaster.

Guest AbbeyOwl

You are arguing against your own point there.

The issues related to the disaster and well known. The potential buyers would have known about the disaster issues in advance.

There may be things that a potential investor discovers after carrying out due diligence but it is unlikely that they have direct correlation to the disaster.

That is where you are wrong, there could well be a claim relating to the disaster, the common held theory is there is no liability on researching further there is a chance there is a liability. Look at leeds, what they will cost and they do not even own there own Ground, if we do not have skeletons why wouldn't someone buy us??

Do you seriously think at a new inquest if we are found to be partially to blame there will not be a claim from the victims families?? Serious?

Edited by AbbeyOwl

Guest Distraught!

That is where you are wrong, there could well be a claim relating to the disaster, the common held theory is there is no liability on researching further there is a chance there is a liability. Look at leeds, what they will cost and they do not even own there own Ground, if we do not have skeletons why wouldn't someone buy us??

But why would a potential investor not know about such issues before carrying out full due diligence?

Guest AbbeyOwl

But why would a potential investor not know about such issues before carrying out full due diligence?

Because things have changed and there is no potential investor at this time is there??