LEEDS THOUGH, It could've been us !

Guest Distraught!

Because things have changed and there is no potential investor at this time is there??

You were answering a post that suggested there had been bids that have been turned down.

This is why every fan should be grateful MM is taking his time over selling us.

Leeds have gone through 3 buyers over the last month and the last man standing is a convicted fraudster who may or may not pass the fit and proper persons requirements, never mind actually deliver on any actual funding. Leeds are in a 'financial death spiral', they are losing £1m a month at the moment, their main sponsor has just filed a winding-up order and unless the convicted criminal can sign off on the £12m takeover they go into administration on March 1st. 

Altogether now: :tango:  :tango:  :tango:  :tango:

The sobering thought is that it could have been us....  :mellow:

did you never go to see a car you fancied buying, on inspecting, the engine was shot, the paintwork dodgy and iffy looking papers??

Never went to look at a car when I KNEW the engine was shot, the paintwork dodgy etc Abbey

The potential investors would surely have known about the Tragedy investigation.,..still came to look...

I dunno,

Why haven't such as Everton got substantial investment, they have been courting it for years...

Guest AbbeyOwl

Never went to look at a car when I KNEW the engine was shot, the paintwork dodgy etc Abbey

The potential investors would surely have known about the Tragedy investigation.,..still came to look...

I dunno,

Why haven't such as Everton got substantial investment, they have been courting it for years...

Prior to there being a new inquest the was no claim it was a dead issue, pardon the phrase, now it is very live. As to Everton no idea maybe they lose a fortune, I do know their ground should not be played in as it has wooden stands which are supposedly outlawed, there again that is merseyside, different law over there maybe.

Guest AbbeyOwl

They also see Leeds as a cash cow given their commercial income.

edit. The new owner is looking to buy Elland Road and training ground back which is more expense for him.

Dont Leeds lose a fortune every month? Hardly a commercial success they are on the brink of being wound up again.

Milan entertained Italian fraudster Massimo Cellino at the recent Macclesfield FA Cup game.

After last weeks shennanagins at Leeds United how happy are we that Milan sent him packing ? 

It reminds me we have to be careful what we wish for and exercise a little patience.

A little Patience???

That is where you are wrong, there could well be a claim relating to the disaster, the common held theory is there is no liability on researching further there is a chance there is a liability. Look at leeds, what they will cost and they do not even own there own Ground, if we do not have skeletons why wouldn't someone buy us??

Do you seriously think at a new inquest if we are found to be partially to blame there will not be a claim from the victims families?? Serious?

Even if there is a claim, the primary liability rests with the authorities (they were the ones who chose the ground, authorised the match and had responsibility for policing it etc.) and not SWFC and in any event that is exactly why the club carries public liability insurance (it would be the insurance in force at the time that operated).

Guest AbbeyOwl

Even if there is a claim, the primary liability rests with the authorities (they were the ones who chose the ground, authorised the match and had responsibility for policing it etc.) and not SWFC and in any event that is exactly why the club carries public liability insurance (it would be the insurance in force at the time that operated).

That is rubbish, people keep spouting insurance it would not cover a new claim and 10% liability for killing 96 people could be 10's of millions. There is a risk of a claim if we are in anyway to blame

Does anyone believe me yet that Wednesday will not be sold before the whole Hillsborough disaster fiasco is finalised, lots of people have kicked our tyres and yet no one is prepared to buy, Leeds have several people interested. Are they bigger than us, not in my opinion, is their stadium in a better state than ours definitely not. If anything financially we are on a far stronger footing owning the Ground and training facilities. We will not be sold before the Hillsborough issue is put to bed and blame apportioned. MM will not invest further funds beyond keeping the club on care and maintenance for the same reason.

just go away will you, i've never known anyone who can talk so much garbage with such little effort

That is rubbish, people keep spouting insurance it would not cover a new claim and 10% liability for killing 96 people could be 10's of millions. There is a risk of a claim if we are in anyway to blame

no risk at all, and yes we were fully insured, the entity that was Wednesday at the time no longer exists, who they going to sue??????????????

They also see Leeds as a cash cow given their commercial income.

edit. The new owner is looking to buy Elland Road and training ground back which is more expense for him.

Yep he's going to see bank manager next Thursday.

Something else that's got Leeds fans worried. 

Guest AbbeyOwl

no risk at all, and yes we were fully insured, the entity that was Wednesday at the time no longer exists, who they going to sue??????????????

I am telling you fact not some dreamed up idea as I want it to be, why aren't we attracting a buyer, why would you choose Leeds a commercial disaster, the assets and liabilities were never separated, we never went out of business wherever the assets went the liabilities followed dont try to fool yourself with that Company does not exist because it is rubbish

Guest AbbeyOwl

Another month has gone buy we bought no one in the transfer window ie no investment in the team, there is no buyer on the horizon and everyone on here thinks we are about to be taken over and all is rosey in the Garden, if someone was selling Emperors clothes you lot would have the full set including panties

Guest AbbeyOwl

Ok as I spout rubbish tell me when the assets and liabilities were split and how that was achieved.