Stuart Gray & Chris Kirkland up for Jan awards

Guest gotcha_Owls

Would be happy us not getting them and Le Fondre getting player of the month then he wont score on Saturday against us with the curse.

Can you remember when Jones dropped Kirkland...

DROPPED KIRKLAND?!

Looking back, that was absolute lunacy

It's not that Martinez didn't do well in fairness, but Kirkland's performances since coming back into the side have been outstanding

I think that curse is bunkum.  My guess is that the awarding of the manager of the month coincides with the 'law of averages' stating that the winning manager/team is due a loss after such a god run of results. 

I would guess that the manager/team is just as likely to lose irrespective of whether the 'manager of the month' award has been won by him. 

Edited by shandypants

Guest Liam Simpson

Tbh I thought Keiran Lee would get a nomination but Kirkland he's gone so unexpected by us fans... 

So happy to see SG get a nomination, he's done us proud this year

Maybe, just maybe, it did him the world of good and we are now seeing these kind of performances because the 'undropable' tag isn't looming over his head.

Kirklands performance now are no different to the ones before he was dropped.

Smacked of Jones not knowing how or why we weren't keeping clean sheets and he got it into his head where the GK could be the only other reason, because he had changed the back line numerous times.

He was wrong.

Like on so many things.

Looking back, that was absolute lunacy

It's not that Martinez didn't do well in fairness, but Kirkland's performances since coming back into the side have been outstanding

So, what you're actually saying without even realising is that it might have been the right decision after all?

As you say, since he came back in he's been outstanding, and it's not like Martinez did anything wrong in the meantime.

I think that curse is bunkum.  My guess is that the awarding of the manager of the month coincides with the 'law of averages' stating that the winning manager/team is due a loss after such a god run of results. 

I would guess that the manager/team is just as likely to lose irrespective of whether the 'manager of the month' award has been won by him. 

Yup, I've always thought that too. Since whoever wins the award is performing above expectations then naturally they're likely to revert to type at some point.

So, what you're actually saying without even realising is that it might have been the right decision after all?

As you say, since he came back in he's been outstanding, and it's not like Martinez did anything wrong in the meantime.

Actually you might have a point

Kirkland wasn't exactly playing badly but he wasn't quite at his best either, but since he's come back he's been better than ever.

We'll let you off for that one Dave

*waits for Beholder and ramone come and defend Demo by saying it did him some good...*

Erm........

:biggrin:

See Lee's comment above and that will tell you all you need to know.

Not defending Dave Jones, just saying that the decision has seen an upturn in his form and we are now seeing the best of Kirkland. 

It was the right decision. 

Kirklands performance now are no different to the ones before he was dropped.

Smacked of Jones not knowing how or why we weren't keeping clean sheets and he got it into his head where the GK could be the only other reason, because he had changed the back line numerous times.

He was wrong.

Like on so many things.

This! Of all the bizarre decisions he made, that one was on another level