Mandaric on Warnock - OS

He knew that sacking Megson was a risk as a lot of the fan base would be up in arms but yet still did it anyway. Jones's performances meant that he got away with it. Imagine had we had even an average run in, we'd have stayed down and the knives would have been out. Having said that, I don't think anyone would have been confident that Warnock would definitely keep us up.

I've supported this club for 32 years mate, you dont need to talk to me about understanding.

But still don't get why people absolutely hated Warnock ?

Odd. 

I've been in pubs post cardiff where the ENTIRE pub was full of Wednesday fans singing Anti-Warnock songs. 

IMHO it would have killed the spirit and split the club, you would having nothing but pro / anti warnock arguments for as long as he was manager. 

I can completely understand why people would look at his record with promotions and think he would do a job... 

But football is much much more than track records.

Much more. 

Mixed feelings about this tbh. Personally I think Warnock would have been the right person to keep us up this season, the fact that he is an ex SUFC manager didn't bother me at all, he is a professional who would have got on with the job.

However I think his appointment could have been a huge problem as well, just like it was for my "other" team, Wigan RLFC who took on Ian Millward, who was basically the equivalent of Neil Warnock being a hated ex St Helens coach. From day one it just didn't work as half the fans never took to him and were just waiting for him to trip up, which he eventually did.

Apply that to us and you have half the fans at Hillsborough just waiting for us to go a goal behind so they could give Warnock grief, in the position we are in its just something we just can't have.

All we can do now is hope that MM will get the next best person who will keep a high percentage of the fan base happy.

he is a professional manager with a great CV afterall. 

His early jobs look great, but his last few have been terrible good resources at both Leeds and QPR and the way he left Palace (Crystal Palace's administrator commented that Warnock was 'let go' after telling the administrator he did not have the stomach for the fight to save the club) suggest to me that a lot of the fight and passion he had has gone by the wayside with his advancing years. 

He wasn't the best man for the job. Lets all move on. 

Edited by Minton

Odd. 

I've been in pubs post cardiff where the ENTIRE pub was full of Wednesday fans singing Anti-Warnock songs. 

IMHO it would have killed the spirit and split the club, you would having nothing but pro / anti warnock arguments for as long as he was manager. 

I can completely understand why people would look at his record with promotions and think he would do a job... 

Much more. 

Very true. If it wasn't tribal and emotional we'd all support Man City at the moment.

To be honest it seems like Colin and MM are both disapointed but understand the reasoning behind it.....the truth is what he said in the past about taking us down has come back and bitten him on the arse. Tongue in cheek or not, most people don't forgive or forget when someone insults their wife, kids or football club. Maybe if he hadn't said it he may have been tolerated a bit more

Guest We Shall Overcome

I told people on this Site on Tuesday that Warnock was never getting the job, and if you back him at the bookies you will lose your money, every thing in life can be a nice little earner if you know what your doing.

Odd. 

Much more. 

I do understand why some people would hate him yes, but IMO that just shows how shallow some people can be.  It's quite ridiculous to think he didnt get the job purely because people 'hate' him (which is quite a strong word to be fair)

I've spoke to loads of Wednesday fans who were totally behind Warnock getting the job.  Now for me, these are fans who want whats best for Sheffield Wednesday, not whats best for themselves.

Isnt that what we should all want, or am i missing something?

I do understand why some people would hate him yes, but IMO that just shows how shallow some people can be.  It's quite ridiculous to think he didnt get the job purely because people 'hate' him (which is quite a strong word to be fair)

I've spoke to loads of Wednesday fans who were totally behind Warnock getting the job.  Now for me, these are fans who want whats best for Sheffield Wednesday, not whats best for themselves.

Isnt that what we should all want, or am i missing something?

Yes

Football is about emotion, people aren't being shallow when they were saying about Warnock.... 

You have to remember this is a guy about which the ENTIRE stadium has sung songs..... 

Warnock has some absolute classic quote about wednesday "If i was manager at wednesday i'd buy them 30 useless players and get the relegated". 

I genuinely wouldn't want the guy and his brand of football anywhere near our club. 

You would want this in charge at S6 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDsjY3uFdE

Really ?

Thats the best manager for our club ?

Edited by _Ibbo_

This end of season business is maybe all that's on offer which could put some managers off.????

It could do, but then it could filter out managers who don't want to fight for a more permanent position?

If we do lose this weekend then should Gray get it until the end of the season?

surely that completely depends on a) the performance b) his vision for the club and how to save us.... and c) the other candidates!

its because he's a blade.some didn't want danny batth or jpm just because they had played for them

Yeah agree to a point but this is a bit deeper than jpm......I think all fans came to accept jpm and there was never that level of hatred like there is to Colin.

Said this on another thread this morning when someone said Warnock wasn't really in the running:

I've been thinking about it tho and agree with the thought (or stated) Warnock is a ruse. Mandaric won't appoint him and will say he just couldn't do it due to respect to the fans.

Basically word for word..

Really what state was it in three years a go you clown?

Really some people have got no flipping idea,

Whoa whoa whoa.  I was only expressing an opinion.  There's no need for the personal insult.  You flipping convict.  :ph34r:

Edited by shandypants

Guest Darth Sturrock

I actually think that Mandaric has made the right decision here, setting Warnock on would really split the fan base. 

We would have had the awful scenario where 50% of the crowd are waiting for him to make a mistake, so they can get on his back.

I'm not one those people, I think we should be recruiting a manager based on his skill at the job. The fact that he has been a United manager in the past and is a Unitedite, for me, is neither here nor there. If he's the best applicant, you choose him.

It's a shame some can't get beyond this United issue, and look at the bigger picture, but they can't so we have to move on.