Mandaric on Warnock - OS

Basically fans are the reason Warnock didn't get the job

He wasn't aware everyone would care that much

it all points to a 4th /5th choice using the "well you didn't want the best man for the job" (without actually saying it but you know full well what he means)

Gray on the list is a big mistake for me personally regardless of this weekends result. We will without doubt go for the cheapest option. Everything else IMHO is a smoke screen

Basically fans are the reason Warnock didn't get the job

He wasn't aware everyone would care that much

This annoys me so much.  Why do the fans have such an issue with Warnock?? Would these fans have such an issue if he did come and keep us up??  He's a professional ffs, do people really believe he hates us and would purposely take us down? 

That would go down well with Mandaric that wouldnt it.  Yet again fans thinking they know best.

This annoys me so much.  Why do the fans have such an issue with Warnock?? Would these fans have such an issue if he did come and keep us up??  He's a professional ffs, do people really believe he hates us and would purposely take us down? 

That would go down well with Mandaric that wouldnt it.  Yet again fans thinking they know best.

Milan doesn't want a split fan base.

Which is right. Nor do I.

Gray on the list is a big mistake for me personally regardless of this weekends result. We will without doubt go for the cheapest option. Everything else IMHO is a smoke screen

I think it's an unwritten rule in chairmanship that you have to talk about the caretaker as having a chance to impress them enough to take on the role full-time, keeps them on their toes and performing at their highest to try and get the job.

I'd be amazed if Stuart got the job, but probably quite happy at the time, since we'd have probably had to win 4 or 5 games on the bounce for it to happen.

Milan doesn't want a split fan base.

Which is right. Nor do I.

But this could happen regardless of who we get.  You wont get 100% of the fans to be totally happy with who we appoint.  So why not go for Warnock?  If he's listening to what the fans want as opposed to who is actually the best man for the job, then he's not doing his job properly, surely?

In terms of it being Warnock. He didn't realise how much he was hated

not aware of the united antipathy i think he meant.

Thanks for clarifying guys!

I'm still pretty amazed that he's been involved in football (and Wednesday) so long that he didn't realise a section of the Wednesday faithful hate Sheffield United with a passion and that extends to Warnock for being a Blade and a successful manager at t'Lane.