Mandaric on Warnock - OS

Me neither.  But it should be obvious to anyone, even without reading the forums, that a lot of fans would have a major problem with the appointment.  And if we do end up in a relegation battle having the fans with split loyalties would in no way help the situation.

Fans should put their silly rivalry factors aside. At the end of the day we should opt for the best man for the job - which is undoubtedly Neil Warnock. The same fans who are rejoicing with the news of Warnock being ruled out, will be the same fans moaning and berating Mandaric when he appoints a cheaper, less-proven manager. 

I'm a firm believer that the success of any manager can be attributed to what the majority of fans think about him, rather than his own managerial ability.

Which is why I believe Warnock wouldn't have worked, and why Holloway would be the ideal candidate for bringing the fan-base together, despite my strange dislike of the latter fellow for some reason.

I think the 'Stalking Horse' theory sort of holds water now. 

MM thinks "I want to sell so I should go for the cheap option.  I'll use Warnock as the diversion to appoint Gray". 

This is exactly what the situation seems to be.

There is no way on God's green Earth than Milan wasn't aware a section of our fanbase hates United with a passion, and that includes Warnock. I simply do not believe it.

This annoys me so much.  Why do the fans have such an issue with Warnock?? Would these fans have such an issue if he did come and keep us up??  He's a professional ffs, do people really believe he hates us and would purposely take us down? 

That would go down well with Mandaric that wouldnt it.  Yet again fans thinking they know best.

I don't think its a question of why they hate Colin its just a fact that they do, I don't like the guy but I thought he was probably the best man for the job but I also know that some hate him and don't want him anywhere near the club. MM can't afford to have the fans divided about the issue, be thankful that we have a chairman that considers us supporters when making decisions about the club.

Edited by paddyowl

Fans should put their silly rivalry factors aside. At the end of the day we should opt for the best man for the job - which is undoubtedly Neil Warnock. The same fans who are rejoicing with the news of Warnock being ruled out, will be the same fans moaning and berating Mandaric when he appoints a cheaper, less-proven manager. 

Agreed.  But they won't.  You know that just as well as I do.

I dispute that he's the best man for the job though.  I never felt that he was, and I know others share that view.  There are a lot of similarities between the Leeds job and the current state of our club (average squad, waiting for a takeover); and he failed there.  Most people would have agreed Leeds had made a good looking appointment and it didn't work out.  I don't think he's as effective as he was earlier in his career, and I doubt that he would have been right for the job regardless of fan opinion.

Looks like the pantomine of his stewardship of our clubs gunna continue, clueless and tight old man

Yep.  Although I don't think he's completely clueless.  He's played a blinder to get himself off the hook for now.  I still hold him as accountable as Jones for the flipping sorry state that our beautiful club finds itself.  MM still needs to go. 

Colin did a great job for the pigs based on aggression intimidation, the likes of Morgs, browny Monty, scaring refs and linos. Now he is reinventing himself as loveable rogue for a career in punditry he would be useless. Wouldn't ruin his new image for our sake. Relieved

This annoys me so much. Why do the fans have such an issue with Warnock?? Would these fans have such an issue if he did come and keep us up?? He's a professional ffs, do people really believe he hates us and would purposely take us down?

That would go down well with Mandaric that wouldnt it. Yet again fans thinking they know best.

You have no width sunshine, when you have supported this. club into your 'later years' you may well then understand.

Yep. Although I don't think he's completely clueless. He's played a blinder to get himself off the hook for now. I still hold him as accountable as Jones for the flipping sorry state that our beautiful club finds itself. MM still needs to go.

Really what state was it in three years a go you clown?

Really some people have got no rumbleing idea,

Christ this is so depressingly predictable.................................we beat Forest tomorrow , Gray gets the job because after TWO games he,s "EARNED" his chance , come the end of January we are still in the bottom three , all decent viable managerial options have been snapped up and all the posters on here that didnt want Warnock and wanted Gray to be given "a chance" will be howling from the rooftops about Mandaric getting it wrong!

I can sadly see this happening.