Mandaric on Warnock - OS

I actually think that Mandaric has made the right decision here, setting Warnock on would really split the fan base. 

We would have had the awful scenario where 50% of the crowd are waiting for him to make a mistake, so they can get on his back.

I'm not one those people, I think we should be recruiting a manager based on his skill at the job. The fact that he has been a United manager in the past and is a Unitedite, for me, is neither here nor there. If he's the best applicant, you choose him.

It's a shame some can't get beyond this United issue, and look at the bigger picture, but they can't so we have to move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDsjY3uFdE

Guest wilyfox

I think it's a shame the most experienced candidate for the job has been ruled out for irrational reasons. If only people could see past the banter and look for the reasoning. For all their undoubted passion for our club, it seems that a section of the support aren't very bright. An experienced appointment would have been wise, given our position; because, make no mistake, whoever is installed has to make a telling contribution. Making the right choice is very difficult for Milan - but making a wrong one is very easy. The last thing we need is an ineffective Irvine-type appointment.

I guess the decision has been taken and made public now, so we move on.

Edited by wilyfox

I'm happy Milan has considered the fans in this.

With any other appointment it wouldn't be such an issue, but with Warnock it was.

I also believe that he wasn't totally convinced he was the right man for the job for football reasons either.

Warnock would have been the wrong one in footballing and fan reaction ways. A double whammy. Warnock didn't sound that gutted - it's pretty obvious it's a non-starter. 

I've been happy to see players like Varadi at the club who've played for United, I forgave TC for signing for them when he fell out with Big Jack, I liked John Harris a lot - I met him as a teenager and he was a real gent - and I would have even contemplated Harry Bassett taking over when it was suggested. But Warnock is something else.

It's not just that he's a Pig, he's King Pig. It's also his general persona - from the Battle of Bramall Lane to last season's reaction to the abuse Jones got and the Kirkland incident - he's a wind up merchant. He wouldn't have been top of Derby fans lists for example when Clough was sacked. And I don't think Brighton are regretting appointing Garcia instead of Warnock. There would have been huge reluctance from their fans about appointing him I would think - not because he's a Blade but because he's regarded by many as a bit of a tail who's had his day.

Edited by rickygoo

I think it's a shame the most experienced candidate for the job has been ruled out for irrational reasons. If only people could see past the banter and look for the reasoning. For all their undoubted passion for our club, it seems that a section of the support aren't very bright. An experienced appointment would have been wise, given our position; because, make no mistake, whoever is installed has to make a telling contribution. Making the right choice is very difficult for Milan - but making a wrong one is very easy. The last thing we need is an ineffective Irvine-type appointment.

I guess the decision has been taken and made public now, so we move on.

I agree with your post, although at least Milan is bright enough to know that it would be an appointment that would cause too much disruption regardless of whether it's right or wrong.

I had my own reservations on whether he's truly up for management now, but I don't deny he has one of the best track records we can hope for if you take rivalry out of it

Its the pigs job to be the laughing stock of sheffield not us, if they want to employ ex wednesday players as managers they can, just look at them stuggling at the bottom of lge 1 . Well done milan you made the right choice

Edited by stocksyuto

personally i'm dismayed by the lack of support and intelligence offered by most posters on here and fans that don't want to see a manager with the proven credentials to take us over, steady the ship and to avoid the dreaded drop we fear so much

instead they still recollect a game from years ago and a quote from over 10 years ago and hold that against the man who I felt was good enough in the short term to get us out of this scrap and get us to mid table

if we dont appoint Holloway then Warnock was the 2nd best candidate and to be honest, we are gonna end up with Gray, nailed on ... (cheap option) or someone that won't get bums on seats but will instead end up probably taking us down ALA Irvine

but its ok, the fans have got our backs - their support will mean we are awarded points to keep us in the division ... :ghoulguy:

Edited by Hack-Abusi

personally i'm dismayed by the lack of support and intelligence offered by most posters on here and fans that don't want to see a manager with the proven credentials to take us over, steady the ship and to avoid the dreaded drop we fear so much

instead they still recollect a game from years ago and a quote from over 10 years ago and hold that against the man who I felt was good enough in the short term to get us out of this scrap and get us to mid table

if we dont appoint Holloway then Warnock was the 2nd best candidate and to be honest, we are gonna end up with Gray, nailed on ... (cheap option) or someone that won't get bums on seats but will instead end up probably taking us down ALA Irvine

but its ok, the fans have got our backs - their support will mean we are awarded points to keep us in the division ... :ghoulguy:

what this guy said.

Warnock would have been a good choice, whatever he said or did in the past...is in the past. He's a wind up merchant with a bit of personality that enjoyed a bit of banter with the fans. Anyone that couldn't see through that is being a little naive.

Spot on. We like to boast about how massive we are but the last week has shown that a lot of our fans are incredibly small time. Oh well, we'll get Gray instead and the pathetic nobbers who said they'd rather we went down than get warnock will be happy.

Spot on. We like to boast about how MASSIVE we are but the last week has shown that a lot of our fans are incredibly small time. Oh well, we'll get Gray instead and the pathetic nobbers who said they'd rather we went down than get warnock will be happy.

Because appointing Warnock would have shown how Billy flipping Big Time we are. And of course the has-been nobhead would have definitely kept us up.

Well done Milan,

I'm not sure the rhetoric from either party is necessarily completely honest, if as Colin claims, Milan has offered him 3 or 4 managers jobs why hasn't he taken any of them?

Are we sure it's just fan pressure or could there be other reasons we're not aware of ?

The rest of this season is now just going to be a blame game between our supporters....

Would we all still criticize if Milan brought in Pearson ? (Have to say I can't see it tho)....

Because appointing Warnock would have shown how Billy flipping Big Time we are. And of course the has-been nobhead would have definitely kept us up.

It would certainly have shown that we aren't so precious as to get our collective knickers in a twist about the fact he managed the blunts six years ago and came out with a blatant joke ten years ago. And no there's no guarantee, but I fancy he stood a better chance than the assistant to the man this board couldn't wait to be sacked. Like Reading says, we get who we deserve.

It would certainly have shown that we aren't so precious as to get our collective knickers in a twist about the fact he managed the blunts six years ago and came out with a blatant joke ten years ago. And no there's no guarantee, but I fancy he stood a better chance than the assistant to the man this board couldn't wait to be sacked. Like Reading says, we get who we deserve.

Actually we'll get who Mandaric can be arsed to stump up the cash for. Warnock was an unambitious, retrograde and divisive choice. If he picks somebody similar that's not what we deserve at all. Just because we reject a shitsandwich doesn't mean we deserve a  strawberry pissshake.

Edited by rickygoo