Mandaric on Warnock - OS

This annoys me so much.  Why do the fans have such an issue with Warnock?? Would these fans have such an issue if he did come and keep us up??  He's a professional ffs, do people really believe he hates us and would purposely take us down? 

That would go down well with Mandaric that wouldnt it.  Yet again fans thinking they know best.

If you don't understand why fans have an issue with Warnock you don't get football..... 

Obviously he knew that we didn't like Warnock in the main, he just incorrectly assumed that we'd all be rational enough to bury that particular hatchet in the name of what was best for SWFC.

It's debatable whether he would have been the best appointment or not for footballing reasons, but that wasn't the argument used by most people who didn't want him.

I think it's an unwritten rule in chairmanship that you have to talk about the caretaker as having a chance to impress them enough to take on the role full-time, keeps them on their toes and performing at their highest to try and get the job.

I'd be amazed if Stuart got the job, but probably quite happy at the time, since we'd have probably had to win 4 or 5 games on the bounce for it to happen.

When you put it like that I can see your point of view. it just worries me that he "could" get the job especially if we win this weekend. 

When you put it like that I can see your point of view. it just worries me that he "could" get the job especially if we win this weekend. 

If it worries you that we could have a manager who wins back to back games then what the hell were you doing with DJ at the helm?

If he got the position it would surely be a short term deal, maybe even allowing him to fall back into a coaching position if it doesn't work out.

It could just give us the time we need to attract the right sort of manager?

If, and it's a big IF Milan wasn't aware of the feeling with regards to Colin, & for the record I wasn't one of them. I think personally he would have done a job, but that's by the by, then he clearly won't have ANY concerns or thoughts about giving it to the cheapest option.

Sad thing is the fans all said they would trust the Chairman to do his best for the club, and whatever decision that is they would back him. He has tried to do just that, in wanting a safe pair of hands that is Neil Warnock to get us out of the mess, but some of the fans didn't want to know.

Milan - thats why this club gets fans pitching up at the number we do, we care about the club.

We care about the stewardship - we care who is put in charge. We also care that we are called Sheffield Wednesday, we have a long history and we have to share our city with another team.

If Milan does his job he needs to bury the hatchet with Holloway and bring him in, his recently track record out shines that of a man who once said he would like to take us down and is a dinosaur of football.

You will never get 100% fan backing of any manger, but you do not want to appoint a manager where the backing was 70% against or at least 50/50 at the BEST - Look a Bolton and Blackburn.

Christ this is so depressingly predictable.................................we beat Forest tomorrow , Gray gets the job because after TWO games he,s "EARNED" his chance , come the end of January we are still in the bottom three , all decent viable managerial options have been snapped up and all the posters on here that didnt want Warnock and wanted Gray to be given "a chance" will be howling from the rooftops about Mandaric getting it wrong!

A bloke rang football heaven last night and had it right about Gray/Bullen. Had they not won the other night, they wouldn't have probably got a look in for the job.

Would be a poor decision if they end up with it.

However, I could find positives in there (Bullen's understanding of the club the main one) should it happen and would have to support the decision.

I have a lot of issues with Milan but he is right with this one.

If Warnock isn't going to get our full support, there's no point in giving him the job.

I think he would've done a good job, but some of you have prevented him from getting it, and I have no problems with that either. The new manager has to be right for all of us.

Interesting that Gray is now on the shortlist. I suspect a win this weekend, and the offer of a temporary contract until the end of the season might be forthcoming, or at least a "carry on as you are" instruction until told otherwise.

Makes sense to me, let's avoid further disruption if the results are coming, and who better to know what these players are capable of?

Maybe it wasn't a case of finding the right manager, more a case of getting rid of the wrong one?

This annoys me so much.  Why do the fans have such an issue with Warnock?? Would these fans have such an issue if he did come and keep us up??  He's a professional ffs, do people really believe he hates us and would purposely take us down? 

That would go down well with Mandaric that wouldnt it.  Yet again fans thinking they know best.

Well there are some thick fans amongst us. 

I personally couldn't give two hoots about who he supports, as he is a professional manager with a great CV afterall. Well done to those who did their best United fan impersonation with this silly outrage. 

If it worries you that we could have a manager who wins back to back games then what the hell were you doing with DJ at the helm?

If he got the position it would surely be a short term deal, maybe even allowing him to fall back into a coaching position if it doesn't work out.

It could just give us the time we need to attract the right sort of manager?

I as you put it wasn't doing anything with DJ at the helm!! he should have gone way before he did. IMHO 2 back to back wins regardless of who they are against isn't a good enough reason to give it to Gray. But I do take your point about giving it to someone until the end of the season. This end of season business is maybe all that's on offer which could put some managers off.????

If we do lose this weekend then should Gray get it until the end of the season?

Edited by marshy

"Shows how much he knows about us"

Etc etc... Don't be so stupid. He will know he's an ex blade manager, probably knows he's a United fan but he's also a football man like Mandaric, why should Mandaric from day one go "Nope not having Warnock, piggy scum!!!" He isn't one of us... He's a business man and our chairman.

Well there are some thick fans amongst us. 

I personally couldn't give two hoots about who he supports, as he is a professional manager with a great CV afterall. Well done to those who did their best United fan impersonation with this silly outrage. 

Me neither.  But it should be obvious to anyone, even without reading the forums, that a lot of fans would have a major problem with the appointment.  And if we do end up in a relegation battle having the fans with split loyalties would in no way help the situation.

And MOST of the fans in the group that 'didn't want Neil Warnock' have all said they thought Neil Warnock would keep Wednesday in the Championship.

So should we get relegated now this season then for the good of the club we've done bad by the club [or at least some fans have].