Just got back

Why the fudge Kirkland got booked for time wasting was a joke

He did time waste a lot to be honest, although no more than we're used to seeing.

That said, the point when he actually booked was ridiculous. The ref was still talking to their player at the time.

Thanks Sam, much appreciated.

You're welcome, it's my pleasure.

I just want to add some perspective for those that haven't been. Hopefully it'll alleviate some of the negativity at the moment.

If you'd've seen the players last night, you'd know there's no split in that dressing room and they're all playing for their manager and their shirt.

Disagree...one point away from home doesn't chane my mind!! It's the lack of tactical ambition at home that is worrying!!

Tactics can't be that good the fact we have lost 15+ points from winning positions

Well I'm just talking about last night for now.

Let's see what happens on Saturday at home with hopefully the support of 20k fans giving their backing.

Couldnt see a thread on the first page so thought I'd start one.

For all you doom and gloomers, we played very well tonight and Jones got his team and tactics spot on.

After a shakey start we settled into the game well and looked a well organised team.

Yes they had a lot of chances in the first 20-30 mins and we could've been 2 or 3 down, but, after that we were good.

Took the lead at the right time and played well in the second half. We had a couple of chances to go 2 up and were even pushing at 1-1.

The players looked gutted at the full time whistle as they came over.

To a man they all gave it 100% and played well. No 'bad' performance springs to mind.

Kirkland played very well as did Semedo. Was also great to have Buxton back.

Time for the fans and club to stick together and pull through this spell. We can do it and I truly believe we'll slowly but surely climb this league.

Here's to 3 points on Saturday.

it is gutting with the last minute goal but a decent point come the end if the season I think, here's to Saturday and some more points

Couldnt see a thread on the first page so thought I'd start one.

For all you doom and gloomers, we played very well tonight and Jones got his team and tactics spot on.

After a shakey start we settled into the game well and looked a well organised team.

Yes they had a lot of chances in the first 20-30 mins and we could've been 2 or 3 down, but, after that we were good.

Took the lead at the right time and played well in the second half. We had a couple of chances to go 2 up and were even pushing at 1-1.

The players looked gutted at the full time whistle as they came over.

To a man they all gave it 100% and played well. No 'bad' performance springs to mind.

Kirkland played very well as did Semedo. Was also great to have Buxton back.

Time for the fans and club to stick together and pull through this spell. We can do it and I truly believe we'll slowly but surely climb this league.

Here's to 3 points on Saturday.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10710428.Albion_grab_point_but_Ulloa_is_stretchered_off/

So is just sour grapes from the Brighton fans and they ain't half slagging us.

Two good back to back perfomances then and credit were credit is due, Just need to pick the points up Saturday and everything will look a lot better.

My problems with Jones have only started this season with the perfomance and no game plan v Rotherham/Millwall 2nd half & Yeovil which had no game plan at all.

If we keep the last 2 perfomances up then all will be ok, Go back to before and he will have to go. Hope we can keep it up and this time build a solid foundation to move forward. 

the Jones out Brigade WILL NOT be happy with Sam's positive post

wonder where they are ... Big GUns, Leam Owl, Fedor and all these new ones coming though!

Delighted with a point actually .

Not very happy with 5 points from 9 though.

Keep clapping away.

The only downside for me were the sub's. Coke was doing well and we looked solid in the middle. Unless there was an injury don't understand why JJ came on. It wasn't like we were going all out for another goal. Coke was in the thick of it and worked hard to get up to help Fryatt leaving Semedo in front of defence McPhail in a deeper floating role. They stepped up after Coke had gone, although were obviously chasing the game, but all the more strange to bring on JJ. A big gamble for me that failed. If there was and injury surely either Palmer or McCabe should have been on. Palmer took that role more when he replaced McPhail and did well

This is something I commented on 'in play' on the wireless.

It was working well enough and they were getting frustrated - Could understand McCabe for McPhail without upsetting the balance of the team in the last half hour.

Jones set us up well last night and at the end of the day a lack of concentration at the crucial moment cost us.

Well done to all that went to witness an encouraging team performance.

I hope for all our sakes, we can use this as a platform and secure that first win on Saturday.

not avin a go lol its just that i wont get excited when a positive poster posts sumthin positive same as i wont be suicidal when a negative poster posts sumthin negative,i tend to take my lead from posters (like me)who csn be positive and negative in equal measure

I know you're not, I took it as you meant.

If it helps I thought Antonio was poor but he ran around a bit.

Seriously though, my negativity was in the fact we could've been 2 or 3 down in the first 20 minutes or so. We were caught twice too high up the pitch with a mixture of a strikers poor touch and Kirlkland bailing us out on each occasion.

I just think that we're surrounded by negativity at the moment and I can't see who that's helping.

Bottom line is we did well last night and got a decent result. That was down to DJ's management and the effort of the players. A decent result to build on - onwards and upwards and all that jazz.

Edited by Sam779

We weren't particularly hoofy at all really. They had a lot of possession but eventually they couldn't penetrate us once we settled in. 

I found that we were trying to play the ball and keep possession but were often closed down which resulted in us having to go long as it was a risk trying to continue to play from the back.

We were all in all far from hoofy, just lacked a little quality and composure to do with it exactly what we wanted.

Guest Triplej2

We weren't particularly hoofy at all really. They had a lot of possession but eventually they couldn't penetrate us once we settled in. 

I found that we were trying to play the ball and keep possession but were often closed down which resulted in us having to go long as it was a risk trying to continue to play from the back.

We were all in all far from hoofy, just lacked a little quality and composure to do with it exactly what we wanted.

Thanks, it actually sounds like things are on the up.