Just got back

Couldnt see a thread on the first page so thought I'd start one.

For all you doom and gloomers, we played very well tonight and Jones got his team and tactics spot on.

After a shakey start we settled into the game well and looked a well organised team.

Yes they had a lot of chances in the first 20-30 mins and we could've been 2 or 3 down, but, after that we were good.

Took the lead at the right time and played well in the second half. We had a couple of chances to go 2 up and were even pushing at 1-1.

The players looked gutted at the full time whistle as they came over.

To a man they all gave it 100% and played well. No 'bad' performance springs to mind.

Kirkland played very well as did Semedo. Was also great to have Buxton back.

Time for the fans and club to stick together and pull through this spell. We can do it and I truly believe we'll slowly but surely climb this league.

Here's to 3 points on Saturday.

Couldnt see a thread on the first page so thought I'd start one.

For all you doom and gloomers, we played very well tonight and Jones got his team and tactics spot on.

After a shakey start we settled into the game well and looked a well organised team.

Yes they had a lot of chances in the first 20-30 mins and we could've been 2 or 3 down, but, after that we were good.

Took the lead at the right time and played well in the second half. We had a couple of chances to go 2 up and were even pushing at 1-1.

The players looked gutted at the full time whistle as they came over.

To a man they all gave it 100% and played well. No 'bad' performance springs to mind.

Kirkland played very well as did Semedo. Was also great to have Buxton back.

Time for the fans and club to stick together and pull through this spell. We can do it and I truly believe we'll slowly but surely climb this league.

Here's to 3 points on Saturday.

Top post

Great to hear, Sam.

I think you're right, it is time we all stuck together, get behind the team and do the only thing we can do and support.

Well done yourself and the other 800 supporters who made the trip down to Brighton, amazing under the circumstances and very vocal, we should all follow your lead..........all for one and one for all.

I've never known the forum so divided . Those that went and supported the club over the last two games are seeing real improvement and hope. Seem to be behind the manager and the understand the constraints he is working under.

Those that don't go go just post , post after post of doom , every player is crap, tatics wrong, jones out etc.

Me . I'm sat on the fence . I think the term' seen it all before' springs to mind.

I never wanted Francis out  ! cos no matter what sucess is served up people still think we should be better.

Edited by Vernster

As much as I don't like jones and want him out, there does seen to be an element on here that revel in our defeat / point-when-should-have-won to score 'points' against Jones.

I think he got the side and tactics pretty much right against Donny (subbing JJ aside) and it sounds like we did again last night.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Sams comments are spot on.

Fryatt was on his own all match but I thought he worked really hard, lots of closing down and held the ball up well. Didn't really have the ball in the box much or many opportunities with the ball at this feet, but obviously scored on one of those when he did. He tired towards the end and was right to take him off. A good performance for me 7/10

All played well, both Roger Johnson and McPhail played well, Buxton solid. Helan was causing them lots of problems. Antonio looked low on confidence and wasn't that effective but still put on a decent shift and think it might have been his cross that led to the goal.

The only downside for me were the sub's. Coke was doing well and we looked solid in the middle. Unless there was an injury don't understand why JJ came on. It wasn't like we were going all out for another goal. Coke was in the thick of it and worked hard to get up to help Fryatt leaving Semedo in front of defence McPhail in a deeper floating role. They stepped up after Coke had gone, although were obviously chasing the game, but all the more strange to bring on JJ. A big gamble for me that failed. If there was and injury surely either Palmer or McCabe should have been on. Palmer took that role more when he replaced McPhail and did well

Kirkland 8/10

Buxton 7/10

Llera 7/10

Roger Johnson 8/10

Reda 7/10

Helan 8/10

Semedo 7/10

Mcphail 7/10

Coke 7.5/10

Antonio 6.5/10. (Give him a rest and Mahaogma a chance)

Fryatt 7/10

Ref 3/10 - against us all night. Only luck was he didn't give the LauLau pen, which was a clear dive but he gave plenty of other dubious things against us. Laulau looked very pace and dangerous, but dived for pen and another challenge just before and got lots of abuse from us for the rest of game and didn't do much else!

All in all a good fighting performance against a decent team that gives us something to build on if we can replicate again at home, perhaps with 2 up top.

How did Fryatt play?

He fed off a lot of scraps and his touches were a bit rusty at times. You could tell he's a class player who's not quite match sharp yet.

Had the composure for the finish which we've been lacking recently.

Hope we keep him longer than a month.

The only downside for me were the sub's. Coke was doing well and we looked solid in the middle. Unless there was an injury don't understand why JJ came on. It wasn't like we were going all out for another goal. Coke was in the thick of it and worked hard to get up to help Fryatt leaving Semedo in front of defence McPhail in a deeper floating role. They stepped up after Coke had gone, although were obviously chasing the game, but all the more strange to bring on JJ. A big gamble for me that failed. If there was and injury surely either Palmer or McCabe should have been on. Palmer took that role more when he replaced McPhail and did well.

Must admit that my Dad and I wondered at the time about the substitution being a strange and positive one. You know though, I actually thought it worked and was very wise by Jones. We opened them up and gave Brighton something to think about. They'd made 3 early subs and were beginning to tire. At this stage of the game things swung back in our favour and that's when we looked like nicking a second. So I don't feel it was a gamble which failed.

The reason I don't is because when they eventually scored (you just knew it was going to come), we'd got our original shape back as JJ was playing a lone role up front again.

It was nearly a superb decision by Jones to catch them out and so very nearly paid off. Reverting back to the solid defensive set up could have actually ended up being the wrong gamble - although, I think we couldn't have sustained with such an open game for the last 10 anyway.

Ref 3/10 - against us all night. Only luck was he didn't give the LauLau pen, which was a clear dive but he gave plenty of other dubious things against us. Laulau looked very pace and dangerous, but dived for pen and another challenge just before and got lots of abuse from us for the rest of game and didn't do much else!

I'd forgotten about him - christ, he was terrible.

A shout by their fans and his whistle would blow.

Didn't see what happened with Semedo and their player for the booking?