Are Helan and Antonio undropable?

Guest scunnyowl96

For a very long time we relied heavily on JJ to provide a spark to get us out of the sh!te and quite a lot of the time he did. Fact is he was the only player we had who was capable of something different.

Now we have Antonio & Helan, 2 players with their all careers in front of them and we have a chance to fully integrate them into our side for the foreseeable future. If they were capable of the unexpected week in, week out they wouldn't be at S6 just like JJ? They are young players with talent and potential and as they are learning the game they are going to have disappointing games like we have seen already but I do think they are more than worth presevering with as they could really turn out to be very important players for us.

Didn't DJ say in his post match interview last night that Antonio has been struggling with a rib injury (breathing problem) for a while.

Why play him up front on his own then?! Or play him at all? I wouldn't be surprised though.

Rushing players back is never a wise strategy, we of all fans should realise this.

Didn't DJ say in his post match interview last night that Antonio has been struggling with a rib injury (breathing problem) for a while.

Yeah, struggling breathing - that'll knacker you out won't it. I think the problem here is (obviously) a confidence one. Antonio's is very low at the moment, and there are 2 ways to deal with that. You either play through it and come out the other side, or you get dropped to give you a break. It's down to the manager to determine which is the best course of action for each individual, because they would all react differently. I can only guess that Jones thinks dropping Antonio will shatter his remaining confidence and he'll drift away to nothing.

Either that or MM says he has to play cos he cost 750k.

Guest Big Guns

you are bloody bi polar you!

asking for em to be dropped along with Jones in other threads!

me never ive always rated them both there always in my team selections on here

not jones of course he needs to get gone

Why play him up front on his own then?! Or play him at all? I wouldn't be surprised though.

Rushing players back is never a wise strategy, we of all fans should realise this.

Exactly, especially when we have JJ and Maghoma as back up.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Antonio's worst failing is very similar to that of JJ. They are both trying to be TOO FAST. Maybe if they took a little of the pace out and learned to control the ball better, they would show great improvement. The best wingers are not necessarily the fastest, but those who can beat a man by football not shear pace. A & JJ have shown they have the ability to beat men not by shear pace alone.

Yeah, struggling breathing - that'll knacker you out won't it. I think the problem here is (obviously) a confidence one. Antonio's is very low at the moment, and there are 2 ways to deal with that. You either play through it and come out the other side, or you get dropped to give you a break. It's down to the manager to determine which is the best course of action for each individual, because they would all react differently. I can only guess that Jones thinks dropping Antonio will shatter his remaining confidence and he'll drift away to nothing.

Either that or MM says he has to play cos he cost 750k.

Dave Jones just effectively said this in his interview. What do I win?

Guest wilyfox

Would only be worth dropping Antonio and Helan if JJ and Maghoma are showing form - but they're not, so there's little gain.