Wasting The Budget

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

People can say Milan Mandaric hasn't backed Dave Jones but in reality he has and IMO Jones has messed up.

He raved about signing Chris Maguire and then took him nearly a full season to put in him the 16 and was set to loan him to Portsmouth but he got injured and it still looks like he could move him on if possible.

It wasn't until Stuart Gray (half the season gone?) came in he decided to start using Keiron Lee and then played him on the right side of midfield.

Another he raved about was Danny Mayor now he's been sent out to Bury on loan for the season and i doubt he will be seen in a Wednesday shirt again (won't his contract nearly be at an end? Not sure if he signed a 2 or 3 year deal).

Martin Taylor was a disaster signing and he now can't even get in the 16, was stripped of the club captain and lost the number 5 shirt to Zayatte.

Resigning Llera and then being asked on Radio Sheffield the other day if Llera could go out on loan and he said yes it's possible.

Resigning Coke and Prutton too but then going on about how the budget is at it's limit yet knowing we are desperate for a midfielder yet neglects that area.

Joe Mattock is another that doesn't get a look in last season and probably one that Jones might have looked at to get out on loan.

He's admitted he want's to bring in another goalkeeper to push Kirkland but it's that the least of our worries at the moment? We already have 3 other goalkeepers. What does it say about Davies and what must he be thinking even tho we just offered him a new deal in the summer.

Then with Madine it looks pretty clear that he doesn't seem to rate him and would probably have liked him to go out on loan and he has an up and coming court case yet this has been known all summer and we have been left with 2 senior strikers - Nuhiu and Maguie, one that is new to english football and the other can't really seem to get a look in but it's ok because we will just push a winger up top who can't really shoot in Antonio.

Then look at people like Bothroyd and Rodri what a waste of wages they both was.

You would have thought with our budget which would have been known for a long time that it would have been managed much, much better. I know this FFP has had an impact but even more reason to be sure that you make the most of every single penny available to you.

Edited by Sheff Owl

Guest _Ibbo_

Another football financial genius trying to tell professional football people how to do their job

Defend what the OP is saying..... 

Dave Jones has wasted a lot of cash we don't have on very odd signings. 

And seemed to have a dislike of certain players

LLiera for example..... 

Got Bothroyed in last season. Played him continuously for numerous matches he clearly couldn't be arsed.

Rodri, signed scored then never started....

Taylor.... Can't get near the 1st team at the moment. Big experienced professional on huge wages. 

Dave jones has signed a LOT of players over the past 18 months.... 

Best players on the pitch saturday, Buxton, Reda, Kirkland i'll give him..... 

Nuhiu and posibly Helan / antonio. 

a positive 

for 18 months as a manager were now in his second season. Dave Jones has made three good signings which have had positive impact on the 1st Team

Its a shocking record as a manager

Alan Irvine had a better track record in signing players. Couldn't manage for toffee mind. 

Guest Sheff Owl

Another football financial genius trying to tell professional football people how to do their job

Great contribution. Idiot.

Defend what the OP is saying..... 

Don't worry about it, can't take him serious anyway a guy that used to offer people out because they had different opinions.

If he has been 'backed' then it's been with a half empty bottle of toilet duck and a bag of pistachio shells. Pour over his signings all you like but don't be too surprised if some of them haven't turned out to be world beaters (or show me a manager that has a perfect transfer record, with or without money).

If he has been 'backed' then it's been with a half empty bottle of toilet duck and a bag of pistachio shells. Pour over his signings all you like but don't be too surprised if some of them haven't turned out to be world beaters (or show me a manager that has a perfect transfer record, with or without money).

This is true. My concern though is whether he (and his coaching team) are getting the best out of the playing staff currently on the books. I hope that JJ or something/someone sparks up something next week.

People can say Milan Mandaric hasn't backed Dave Jones but in reality he has and IMO Jones has messed up.

He raved about signing Chris Maguire and then took him nearly a full season to put in him the 16 and was set to loan him to Portsmouth but he got injured and it still looks like he could move him on if possible.

It wasn't until Stuart Gray (half the season gone?) came in he decided to start using Keiron Lee and then played him on the right side of midfield.

Another he raved about was Danny Mayor now he's been sent out to Bury on loan for the season and i doubt he will be seen in a Wednesday shirt again (won't his contract nearly be at an end? Not sure if he signed a 2 or 3 year deal).

Martin Taylor was a disaster signing and he now can't even get in the 16, was stripped of the club captain and lost the number 5 shirt to Zayatte.

Resigning Llera and then being asked on Radio Sheffield the other day if Llera could go out on loan and he said yes it's possible.

Resigning Coke and Prutton too but then going on about how the budget is at it's limit yet knowing we are desperate for a midfielder yet neglects that area.

Joe Mattock is another that doesn't get a look in last season and probably one that Jones might have looked at to get out on loan.

He's admitted he want's to bring in another goalkeeper to push Kirkland but it's that the least of our worries at the moment? We already have 3 other goalkeepers. What does it say about Davies and what must he be thinking even tho we just offered him a new deal in the summer.

Then with Madine it looks pretty clear that he doesn't seem to rate him and would probably have liked him to go out on loan and he has an up and coming court case yet this has been known all summer and we have been left with 2 senior strikers - Nuhiu and Maguie, one that is new to english football and the other can't really seem to get a look in but it's ok because we will just push a winger up top who can't really shoot in Antonio.

Then look at people like Bothroyd and Rodri what a waste of wages they both was.

You would have thought with our budget which would have been known for a long time that it would have been managed much, much better. I know this FFP has had an impact but even more reason to be sure that you make the most of every single penny available to you.

Great post.

If he'd been backed then we wouldn't be crying out for a striker, would we?

It doesn't matter what DJ said (12 months ago) about getting the players he wanted. I'm fairly sure that he'd be talking in relative terms according to the budget he'd been given (ie. next to **** all) and if he was to create a list of players that he actually wanted then it would be far removed from the ones that he got.

Edited by Sonny

You do have to wonder about how little he has been given to work with.

Not for one minute advocating that we have a huge splurge of money, but at the same time our current budgets means that we are always likely to struggle.

In saying that I do think what money he has spent (assuming all the signings are his own) hasn't always been used wisely.

Kirkland and Gardner have been his two best additions.

Off the top of my head I'd suggest that there are huge questions marks over all the others.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Great thread mate I read it and agree

Thing is maguire is actually a CF so we have 1 proper striker in nuihu

Development squad signings are awesome like iv said before it the 79 strikers get injured then savic could prove a great signing from DJ