Dave Jones - Back to Making Baffling Decisions

Guest LeamingtonOwl

and to quote yourself...bafflingly bipolar...

I think the more that time goes on and with the lack of signings it is obvious Jones has a tough job here at Wednesday.

Watching the previews of the season on sky and what other teams are spending we must have one of the cheapest squads in the league. If we are I. The bottom three at Christmas can we really blame DJ? He has a really tough job.

I am hoping lack of expectation could for once work in our favour.

Guest 5512uto

I struggle to understand why anyone thinks a mediocre team that seems incapable of picking out a good pass wants semedo and llera re-introduced, neither put in pirlo-esque passing displays very often do they

So offer deals to two league 1 standard players (Coke and Prutton, not Semedo and Corry) ... why?

Jones obviously felt that they had proved themselves last season to be reasonably effective at this level; a view many supporters would agree with. Our last 25 results certainly do nothing to show they were that bad an influence on performances. Unfortunately, for the moment at least, we are not in a position to spend the sort of money to provide the significant upgrade we may need.

I would like to ask Dave Jones the following.

1. Why in a League Cup games did you not play Madine or Maguire. Llera or Semedo.

2. Have you taken this club as far as you can?

3. You may slate Jermain Johnson - but he has shown more passion then you ever have for this club.

4. Prutton and Coke as first choice centre mids when they could not even get a game in League 1. How has this happened and not been addressed.

5. Why do we still not have a winger who can cross a ball to our poor strikers. I really feel for them. The only way the strikers will score this season is if Nuhui can score more wonder goals.

Very disappointed in Dave Jones management from the moment he persisted in play Jay Bothroyd up to now. He is making one bad decision after another.

Oh, it is never his fault. I AM SICK of him blaming everybody but himself.

One question I'd ask him is why haven't you played Llera at left back like you did against Preston 18 months ago, he had a good game a put in a great cross for Madine to score from

Jones obviously felt that they had proved themselves last season to be reasonably effective at this level; a view many supporters would agree with. Our last 25 results certainly do nothing to show they were that bad an influence on performances. Unfortunately, for the moment at least, we are not in a position to spend the sort of money to provide the significant upgrade we may need.

I'd sooner spend the combined wages of two highly mediocre players on one decent one. We've got depth enough with the rest of the painfully average midfielders in the ranks.

So why give them both new deals?

Because they would need replacing if we didn't, and I imagine their new contracts aren't costing the club as much as what replacements would.

Besides they showed last season that they are okay players for this level. Not the best, but not the worst either.

We have to be realistic here; whomever this central midfielder will be that we sign, he's unlikely to all of a sudden catapult us towards midfield domination week in week out, because the players that could do that would cost a lot of money. I expect he'll just enable us to compete effectively better in more games than last season, and that difference will be enough.

Until the likes of McCabe, Corry, and Palmer are able to realize their potential (if at all), then we just have to accept our central midfield will be limited. Hoping on up and coming talent for our future isn't ideal, but there's not much else we can do, apart from perhaps unearth a talent from abroad who will come in and immediately make a difference (but this is also fraught with problems).

I know no-one likes to face the fact that we're heavily dictated to by financial constraints, but we just quite simply are.

So offer deals to two league 1 standard players (Coke and Prutton, not Semedo and Corry) ... why?

Because Prutton and Coke proved themselves in the Chmapionship over the second half of the season but Semedo and Corry didn't..... perhaps?

:laugh:  Love a good Leamington post,  yeah Dave, more headbutting please, that's how we know you care.

Seriously if Martin Taylor had nutted somebody on the field, everybody would be lining up to shoot him, you might be a fan of JJ, fair enough, but dont try and defend that, its inexcusable and he deserves whatever he gets for it.

He's actually got a point about the wingers crossing though

Edited by Lee A

Because Prutton and Coke proved themselves in the Chmapionship over the second half of the season but Semedo and Corry didn't..... perhaps?

None of those 4 are anything approaching decent or reliable Championship players.

We're bloated with average pro's in midfield, without having any real quality. Prutton and Coke did well to battle us away from relegation, but they are a million miles away from anything other than bottom quarter standard.