Dave Jones - Back to Making Baffling Decisions

Guest LeamingtonOwl

Guest LeamingtonOwl

I would like to ask Dave Jones the following.

1. Why in a League Cup games did you not play Madine or Maguire. Llera or Semedo.

2. Have you taken this club as far as you can?

3. You may slate Jermain Johnson - but he has shown more passion then you ever have for this club.

4. Prutton and Coke as first choice centre mids when they could not even get a game in League 1. How has this happened and not been addressed.

5. Why do we still not have a winger who can cross a ball to our poor strikers. I really feel for them. The only way the strikers will score this season is if Nuhui can score more wonder goals.

Very disappointed in Dave Jones management from the moment he persisted in play Jay Bothroyd up to now. He is making one bad decision after another.

Oh, it is never his fault. I AM SICK of him blaming everybody but himself.

1. Why in a League Cup games did you not play Madine or Maguire. Llera or Semedo.

3. You may slate Jermain Johnson - but he has shown more passion then you ever have for this club.

4. Prutton and Coke as first choice centre mids when they could not even get a game in League 1. How has this happened and not been addressed.

5. Why do we still not have a winger who can cross a ball to our poor strikers. I really feel for them. The only way the strikers will score this season is if Nuhui can score more wonder goals.

Very disappointed in Dave Jones management from the moment he persisted in play Jay Bothroyd up to now. He is making one bad decision after another.

We are all SICK of you but you still haven't left

Its the beginning of the season - playing a strong side was the right idea to get the players used to the new players etc. Its the second game of the season FFS. Yeah we lost, we will lose games. Personally, i couldn't care less.

DJ is a manager that has managed at the top end of Championship and in the Premiership for a large part of his managerial career. I very much doubt he's taken us as far as he can. Get a grip

This doesn't even make sense. I suppose its consistent with the other drivel you post. 

Prutton and Coke were introduced mid way through last season and they assisted them team achieving 40 odd points in the second half the season. I fail to see your point here....

I dont even know where to start with this one....

Thank flip its the end of your post. If you're that disappointed may i suggest you keep your cash in your pocket and stay at home on Sat....

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

1. If he had played them and lost, you would be arguing for the opposite.

2. No, he is a builder not a shirker. 

3. He didn't slate JJ's passion he slated his lack of discipline. 

4. Prutton & Coke were good enough for the Championship last year.

5. We have wingers that can cross as well as beat men- i.e. Antonio, Helan, JJ, etc, etc.

Throughout the post-match interview last night he talked about 'WE'- collectivism. 

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

I can answer that for you

1. Because he put a side out he thinks he could win the match, if he didn't he would get hammered for putting a second string side out. Look at the slating Madine has took - if we started with him and lost, people would ask why hadn't Nuhui started? Llera isn't in the first team and neither is Semedo (who hardly had a look in last year)

2. Is this a joke? He's a Championship manager, League 1 was below his level. Get a grip.

3. JJ deserved to be slated last night - what has passion for the club got to do with it? He was on MINUTES and headbutted someone. Unprofessional and should know better at his age.

4. Budget, budget, budget. Arms tied behind his back etc. We aren't in the race for a class centre midfielder I'm afraid. 

5. See number 4, but change to winger. 

Stop picking holes after 1 League game and 1 Cup game. You are embarrassing yourself. 

1- There's a few new faces in the squad, we're playing a different system, he kept what will be close to his first 11 bar the 2 fullbacks for the simple reason the team needs to gel.

2- that's just ridiculous, I dare say you was one of the ones on Saturday saying we'll be up there. One poor performance against rotherham and he can't take the club no further? Just have a look at how far this club has come since he took over.

3- same old story he doesn't fling his arms all over on the touch line so that must mean he isn't interested. Couldn't be more wrong, he gave those lads a serious bollocking last night and from hearing it I could certainly tell how much passion he has for his job.

4- the same 2 midfielders that did a cracking job at the back end of last season? It's been said time and time again that the club can't really compete with a lot of teams in this division. There certainly isn't going to be any free central midfielders that are better than the 2 first choice midfielders here. Actually there was 1, Richie Wellens, problem is though he was on 40,000 a Leicester.

5- what do you want, players in the Antonio and JJ mould who will change games by taking on players, or a player that can cross the ball? Just remind me how many goals rotherham scored last night from their crosses, that would be 0, the same as us. Does that mean that rotherham require a new signing to cross the ball too?

Were you sick of Dave jones at the back half of last season when we finished 5th in the form table? Were you sick of Dave jones when he closed the 5 point gap on united and earned us promotion?

One bad result and all the idiots come out to play, on Saturday we were on for a good season, we lost to rotherham so suddenly we'll get relegated. We might have a good fan base but we also have a very fickle fan base.

1. Giant needs game time. Zayatte and Gardner need to form a partnership.

2. No

3. I'd rather have constructive passion than a headbutt. Not the end of the world though

4. They actually did pretty well towards the back end of last season.

5. I do agree with this. We've gone down the route of raw pace without real quality. Would prefer one wing to sacrifice a bit of pace for a bit of quality so we have a varied attack. Works well away from home against strong opposition though (Hull). Going one up front we are already sacrificing the link up play between strikers, and almost taking straight through balls out of the equation as it's easy to defend with 2 CBs. Need that quality

Edited by townend_owl

The Holy Grail of a football supporter is being contrary in hindsight. Whatever we didn't do would have ensured victory had we done it and it was obvious even before the kick-off.

If all the teams in a division did exactly the same things, one would still finish top of the table and another would end up at the bottom.

2. No, he is a builder not a shirker. 

3. He didn't slate JJ's passion he slated his lack of discipline. 

4. Prutton & Coke were good enough for the Championship last year.

5. We have wingers that can cross as well as beat men- i.e. Antonio, Helan, JJ, etc, etc.

To be fair.....after going to the Open Day last week....Helan can't cross.

Coaches took him aside to practice his crossing. Had Nuhui to aim at....and he only reached him once. The other crosses either fell short, went behind him or over him. 

And we all know that JJ can't cross. And there's not much point in teaching him how to cross. 

Regardless of Leamington's trolling posts, he does have a point that our wingers are quite one dimensional. Antonio's the only one who can put in a half decent cross, and even then it's not consistent enough to pose a threat and provide consistent quality service to Madine/Nuhui. To be honest, the only player we have who can put a consistently good delivery into the box, whether that be a cross or a corner, is Buxton. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

I agree with LeamingtonOwl.

It is now Jones team playing with Jones tactics.

Poor to watch & not effective!!

Main problems last year were lack of a goalscorer and a weak midfield - exactly the same problem a year on, after Dave the Builder has done his stuff.

(Coke & Prutton have never and will never be good enough for a decent Championship side)

OK we could have got a point in the end on Saturday - but if not for Kirkland, we could have been buried well before the end!!

I said last year that sticking by him would mean this season would be the same as last season (ie a relegation battle) - hope I am wrong, but still think the same.

It's gonna be a long season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest SW1992

please visit and post on bladesmad.com ... might suit you better with your negativity, your lack of hesitation in wanting to sack managers and lack of football knowledge

To be fair.....after going to the Open Day last week....Helan can't cross.

Coaches took him aside to practice his crossing. Had Nuhui to aim at....and he only reached him once. The other crosses either fell short, went behind him or over him.

Regardless of Leamington's trolling posts, he does have a point that our wingers are quite one dimensional. Antonio's the only one who can put in a half decent cross, and even then it's not consistent enough to pose a threat and provide consistent quality service to Madine/Nuhui. To be honest, the only player we have who can put a consistently good delivery into the box, whether that be a cross or a corner, is Buxton.

I'm not saying we've got the best crosses of the ball in world, but they can cross.

Furthermore, i would suggest that our game is not really based on a winger who finds space and crosses all the time. Instead, our wingers run at full backs and try and get balls in from the by-line, or cut inside and make things happen, when this pays off its lethal, when it doesn't fans are crying out for balls to be put in the box all the time.

Indeed, last night was not a game to pummel balls into the box, despite having the big lad up top (and Madine when he came on), as this would have been 'food and drink' to their big centre backs.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump