Some people on here are pathetic!

I can understand people being unhappy at the performance because it was garbage but the change in opinion in 3 days is unreal. In a lot of people's eyes we've gone from promotion contenders to relegation certainties.

Teams lose to lower league rivals in the cup every year it's what makes the cup exciting.

I'm not particularly bothered that we're out the cup to be honest. I was more upset at losing my bet.

I'm pretty confident we will see a different performance on Saturday and the majority will go back to being slightly more positive especially when Billy lines up for us.

I generally feel I belong to the third group, but every now and then there is a performance where I start to want to just vent. I tend to still not got OTT but am sorely tempted.

Yesterday was one of those performances.

I agree and i sometimes drift a little to group 1 or group 2 but when i have sat and thought about it i tend to not get too carried away, either way.

Guest Big Guns

Agreed - the problem is that the first two sets of people tend to be a lot more vocal, which is glaringly obvious on a site like owlstalk.

are you mad or do you just ignore all the happy clapping tripe thats the majority on here

There is a 4th group of people on here. They are the ones who believe they are morally and intellectually superior to our more emotional posters.

They believe they are the voice of reason, can see the bigger picture, and enjoy boosting their own fragile egos by telling posters to calm down, get a grip and stop being pathetic.

I enjoy reading their posts the least.

We seem to be missing a natural leader.

I thought Taylor was going to be that, unfortunately he hasn't worked out either.

Agreed. I don't mind Gardner as 'el capitan' but is he vocal enough? I think we need a leader bang in the middle of the park to pick the game up by the scruff of the neck. We've been crying out for that for a good few seasons in truth.  That's not gonna come cheap and if we bring someone in on loan will they desire be there for that sort of role I wonder?! 

There is a 4th group of people on here. They are the ones who believe they are morally and intellectually superior to our more emotional posters.

They believe they are the voice of reason, can see the bigger picture, and enjoy boosting their own fragile egos by telling posters to calm down, get a grip and stop being pathetic.

I enjoy reading their posts the least.

Such as me?

In 10 or so years I've been on owlstalk, this is the first time I've actually come out and called a set of fans stupid.

This site in the last few weeks has been a load of tripe - massively fluctuating opinions (thinking we'll have a good season after the QPR loss, to people dooming us to relegation.. because we lost to Rotherham in a cup game), to absolutely poo poo transfer rumours (the Billy Sharp thing isn't funny in any sort of way - people claiming to be 'ITK', giving deadlines about a transfer that might not exist?!) and even Neil chucking in various things (going in the bath, Polkaedge). I understand its been pre-season and generally there is naff all to talk about in terms of football, but the standard of replies on the site is getting gradually worse.

Edited by tom

I can understand why people get upset, its not about losing itd the manner in which we lost.

People pay good money they don't expect to endure that level of poo for 90mins.

Agreed, proud of the team on Saturday even though we lost because it was a hearty performance against a class side, but losing to Rotherham in the gutless manner we did isn't acceptable end of

You are gonna get fluctuating opinions though aren't you. As things stand, in a division where the quality is improving all the time, we have a squad that currently is weaker than the one that narrowly avoided relegation on the last day of the season. Logic tells us, if nothing changes, we're gonna be in trouble. So at the moment, it's the moaners who have more grasp on reality, rather than the happy clappers, who are basing there optimism on something that might happen in the future. I don't see myself as negative, contrary to public opinion, nor a happy clapper but my views are influenced by what's there in front of me, not just something that may happen further down the line.

Guest dunellaowl

Steve evans thinks we are a great club and nobody would bat an eyelid if we were in the top 10 or 12 in the premier league, cant the f.a just sneak us in now? Nobody would notice!

lol

Agree with initial post I support the owls 100 % win loose or draw and really happy when we win and pissed of when we loose. But when we loose do I want to personally slag the players off NO or think the season is over after 2 games NO if this support is called happy clapper and not a Wednesdayite then im in that club but much prefer the Wednesdayite title.

Such as me?

In 10 or so years I've been on owlstalk, this is the first time I've actually come out and called a set of fans stupid.

This site in the last few weeks has been a load of tripe - massively fluctuating opinions (thinking we'll have a good season after the QPR loss, to people dooming us to relegation.. because we lost to Rotherham in a cup game), to absolutely poo poo transfer rumours (the Billy Sharp thing isn't funny in any sort of way - people claiming to be 'ITK', giving deadlines about a transfer that might not exist?!) and even Neil chucking in various things (going in the bath, Polkaedge). I understand its been pre-season and generally there is naff all to talk about in terms of football, but the standard of replies on the site is getting gradually worse.

Im going in the bath to listen to Polkadodge

Owlstalk Shop

I generally feel I belong to the third group, but every now and then there is a performance where I start to want to just vent. I tend to still not got OTT but am sorely tempted.

Yesterday was one of those performances.

Saturday they played well - a bit unlucky to lose although Kirkland had a lot more to do than Green. Didn't go last night but sounds awful. These things happen though in cups - anyone remember getting drubbed by Cambridge under Judas? Still ended up a great season. Hold your fire folks let's see how the next few games pan out.