Played well today

As someone who's generally viewed as a pessimist, it's often petty attacks from the positive right that leads to most of the tedious threads. Often constructive criticism is shot down by accusations of negativity. That then brings out the happy clapper taunts and, what starts as a decent thread, degenerates into childish bickering.

Disagree.

You are often negative, but I generally see it as genuine concern. No issue with it, even if I disagree.

A lot of the posting on here lately has been blatant trolling.

Mostly by a bunch of wannabe Big Guns.

As someone who's generally viewed as a pessimist, it's often petty attacks from the positive right that leads to most of the tedious threads. Often constructive criticism is shot down by accusations of negativity. That then brings out the happy clapper taunts and, what starts as a decent thread, degenerates into childish bickering.

I don't mind negativity - if it's constructive. I have, for instance, never minded your particular posts. I don't always agree. But the sentiment is good and your posts are well reasoned and informative.

And, with hindsight - often right.

lol

It's the endless dross that grinds my gears. The WUMMING transparent dross.

Furthermore, anyone, anyone, who threatens or wants to fight would be out. Zero tolerance with that.

They can threaten people some where else.

Too much on here recently IMO.

Disagree.

You are often negative, but I generally see it as genuine concern. No issue with it, even if I disagree.

A lot of the posting on here lately has been blatant trolling.Mostly by a bunch of wannabe Big Guns.

See my post.

Beat me to it.

lol

Maybe there is an element of that, but I'm positive about many aspects of what's happening at our club but those comments tend to get overlooked and people concentrate on any implied criticism. There's also a lot of vendettas on here at the moment.

There's a bloke near me on the Kop who gets like that, he seems to hate Wednesday :rolleyes:

All these positives after a loss, **** me.

Just got back. Deserved a draw, they brought £20m of talent off the flippingbench for the last 10 mins. Shame we didn't get a point but that's football. Happy with the display. Edited by Eck

Only if you're going to be the Speaker.

lol

I'm too dynamic and forward thinking to be speaker.

KivoOwl can be speaker - you can all tug about the 1960's and how life was better when you could buy penny chews from old man Webster at the corner shop.

I'll be with Grandad building a brighter future for any go-getters that want more from life.

I'm a mod who went to the match and I'm feeling very positive about the rest of the season.

A very good performance today, worked hard and have a great shape and style to us.

New signings are all improvements on last season.

As for people ruining the matchday, we're all aware of it. We will do something about it. Personally my life annoyingly gets in the way of Owlstalk from time to time, that said, I aim to sort my priorities out. Everyone can self-moderate this site though as well, start by not taking the bait.

Peace out...

Or peace off.

As for people ruining the matchday, we're all aware of it. We will do something about it. Personally my life annoyingly gets in the way of Owlstalk from time to time, that said, I aim to sort my priorities out. Everyone can self-moderate this site though as well, start by not taking the bait.

Peace out...

Or peace off.

TBF Sam. It's only whilst you have been away.

lol

Sam has been away?

Shut yer face.

Away from the wife and UK for 6 months, only back for 11 nights - yet, here I am on a romantic weekend away with the wife spending my Saturday night talking to a load of drunken bums/kids who aren't old enough to buy condoms.

Shut yer face.

Away from the wife and UK for 6 months, only back for 11 nights - yet, here I am on a romantic weekend away with the wife spending my Saturday night talking to a load of drunken bums/kids who aren't old enough to buy condoms.

*gets the violin out*

Looking at today we seriously look a proposition. The team assembled are physically huge and proved that can play a bit.

The commentators on five live could not believe the physical magnitude of the side and qpr did not justify the gulf in transfer fees.