Played well today

As someone who's generally viewed as a pessimist, it's often petty attacks from the positive right that leads to most of the tedious threads. Often constructive criticism is shot down by accusations of negativity. That then brings out the happy clapper taunts and, what starts as a decent thread, degenerates into childish bickering.

I don't agree with a lot of your posts and I think you worry too much and mostly see the negatives above anything else but they are your genuine opinions and you debate properly. Nothing wrong with that at all.

It's the ever increasing number of trolls that seem to think it's a good idea to copy Big Guns and the realist that are the problem. Big Guns really embarrassed himself when he got personal with Grandad.

Guest Fulham Fox

So what is your take on it then?

You have been spamming threads, yet don't have the balls to actually put what you think.

Good point, well made

Back to the OP. Thought we looked an improvement on last season especially going forward. On the down side our closing down and man marking is practically non existent at times as for the two goals. If DJ can sort out the defence and get a goal poacher to go with the big lad I think we will improve dramatically on last seasons position.

Guest Big Guns

If we put performances like that in week in week out there shouldn't be much moaning at all

It's if we struggle to win many games and go back to how we played to survive last season the mum ping will kick in

Sorry but all this played well stuff doesnt cut it with me. Did we get 3 points for playin well yesterday?

Not as far as I'm aware.

But it is possible to play well and lose.

It's also possible that playing well in one game might be an indication that we'll play well in the next game.

Does that cut it with you?

Very encouraging performance yesterday against a side that probably have a wage bill 5 times ours.

However supporting Wednesday (especially in the last 15 years) stops me from getting carried away or complaicent in any way!

Easy to forget the start we made last season too