Symapthy for Coventry?

Cheers AH...of course... slipped my mind.

Don't forget we ripped off the SCH as well.

Bladesman culture  :danny-wilson:

True to form, the very first reply on the equivalent thread over on Mos Eisley Mad is:

"Shame. Wouldn't wish it on any club but there are many more deserving than Conventry. They never ripped off a children's hospital for starters."

Please either retract the bit about hurting people financially or explain yourself. MM paid the creditors and is running the club responsibly.  I don't know what you refer to by "over the years" either. Previous regimes may not have been to everyones taste but I know of NO evidence that they "hurt a lot of people financially".  Bitter Blades need no encouragement in their lies about our situation and I am proud to support a club of such good character and integrity.

Think only company or people who ever lost money on dealing with SWFC were the Co-op bank.

I don't want to see Cov go, but maybe this is what football as a whole needs to finally stand up and take responsibility?

This cliche, quote or whatever is the worse one.

They Said it about Portsmouth. Other than pompey fans no one gave à poo . Its just nonesense.

On a day when à broke countrys club is offering 80 odd million on one player coventry hardly get à mention.

Is that what He means about football standing up and taking responsibility? Or is it lazy comment you would hear spouted on the likes of 5 live?

I remember me wearing an Owls home shirt in Meadowhall many years ago, a father pointed to me and laughed whilst saying to his two youngs lads "going down" as we had been relegated, they where Coventry City fans....bitter i know but flip 'em!!

Yes but there was also a tremendous amount of sympathy shown by many Coventry fans when those two Wednesday lads were killed going to a game there a few years back that continued for some time after. There's always a few idiots but this is a genuine club with a genuine set of fans on the whole. Good luck to them.

Always feel for the fans of clubs who are in the sh!t, could have been us not so long ago.

On the positive side, 9 times out of 10 there's always someone who pull a rabbit out of the bag at the last minute, so there's always hope!

Guest Pete Stothard

Yes but there was also a tremendous amount of sympathy shown by many Coventry fans when those two Wednesday lads were killed going to a game there a few years back that continued for some time after. There's always a few idiots but this is a genuine club with a genuine set of fans on the whole. Good luck to them.

This ⬆⬆

As much as I sympathise with the Coventry fans, I just can't help but think that Coventry are simply getting what they (and many before) completely deserve.

The club has been overspending for years. Nobody was complaining back in the days where the overspending was keeping them in the Premier League!

Just because "the fans don't deserve it" and "its such a historic club", does that mean they should get away with it? We were VERY lucky. If we had ended up in admin/liquidation, it would have been heartbreaking but totally deserved.

Milan saved us, for which I will be eternally grateful, but over the years we hurt a LOT of people financially. Any other business outside football wouldn't get these chances.

I don't want to see Cov go, but maybe this is what football as a whole needs to finally stand up and take responsibility?

Gonna hold my hands up and retract that bit. Posting in a rush befroe work and without making sure my memory still works at my age!! As has been pointed out, it was the CO-OP that took the hit (and nobody likes banks anyway!!)

I do stand by the rest though. We couldn't really have argued if the path we ended on was very different. As I said before, I have sympathy for the fans. Its not their fault, as much as it wasn't ours, but the whole football industry is crazy. I have nothing against coventry at all. It just irks me that If any other business overspent like football teams do, they wouldn't get half the leniency!

In fairness, if the likes of Rotherham, L**ds, leicester (even ourselves) etc not come out the other side so rosy it may have put others off.

Guest We Shall Overcome

I never understand the reason behind threads like this.

Pompey were ruined by greedy former owners. Pompey have been ruined by greedy owners selling a perfectly good ground in order to find a pot of gold. Then they moved into a ground with ridiculously high rent which they were never going to be able to pay. That's the owner's fault.

There's much more to a football club than the owners, so for people to say they have no sympathy for clubs like Coventry is daft in my oppinion. It's the ones that ruined it that I have no sympathy for.

What about Greedy Facking Players and there Parasite Agents!!!