Momentum

This is my first post on here, though I visit the site daily. I only ever read match reviews and transfer gossip. I find the one or two word responses annoying and thoughtless.

Anyway, I do believe as a club our momentum has moved. We've witnessed this work against us until Milan came in. We've seen it happen to Leeds and Wolves negatively, Soton and Norwich positively. I think Brum are in big trouble next year, replace Sibon with Zigic and they mirror us several years ago. A few big earners, young kids and left over frees.

Our end of season form, January onwards was terrific. I'd like to see us bring in a few of the loans and maybe two or three Kirklands. We've all accepted that we need a CM, LM and two SC. Some of the suggestions are ridiculous, I was talking to Tom Ince last week in Gusto's, Heswall, Wirral (Where I live), so does Paul.

I'd look at,

David Vaughen, Cohen, Shelvey (Loan)

SEB/Simeon Jackson, Wickham (Loan)

Hammill/Sako/Marshall

Helen is a good prospect and versatile. He could cover LB/LM and could be very good. He's going nowhere at City.

Finally, a punt on a couple of lower league players, we never seem to do this. DJ has previously stated why.

We don't need to have a budget like QPR, we need momentum. David Jones has installed it with us.

Up the Owls

David Vaughen, Cohen, Shelvey (Loan)

SEB/Simeon Jackson, Wickham (Loan)

Hammill/Sako/Marshall

Helen is a good prospect and versatile. He could cover LB/LM and could be very good. He's going nowhere at City.

Jackson would be good but would cost far too much money, as I believe would Sako and Marshall.

My opinion on Helan is no secret, not good enough, but wouldnt mind seeing a player like Hammill come in, not sure how he got on at Huddersfield but whenever I've seen him play he's looked decent.

Need to bring in a few less athletes and a few more footballers, trouble as usual is that they cost money.

Edited by Lee A

Guest Tomboss
Posted · Hidden by Rustyfunk, May 20, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Rustyfunk, May 20, 2013 - No reason given

you come across as a bit of  tail

The momentum question "in general" is quite an interesting point. Last season we had the euphoria or promotion, a buzz about the place and a good start to the season. How much momentum will we have going into next season. 

I think their was more of a relief than a celebration that we stayed up and I think it will rely on signings to generate extra impetus. At the moment in all honesty, who's excited about next season?

** Replaces the one and two word responses with "Grunt"

@Maple Staple - I think the momentum question is outside the form issue. We seem to be progressing, Wolves, Brum are only going backwards. I don't think any team can 'stand still'. Everton will be on their way back, Swansea are another one that have kept progressing. It seems to be a more important factor than names on a team sheet or wage bill.

We have 0% chance of getting Jonjo Shelvey, Rodgers really liked him and if he was going on loan anywhere one of the promoted clubs would have him on loan

Barkley is rated higher than Shelvey. They've had few forward options this year and he didn't get a look in. Maybe 5%

Good thread. Ignore the funneh fvckers on here. 

We have certainly gathered momentum under Mandaric. It's not been plain sailing but we have certainly made progress under Milan. Last season was crucial for us - just avoid relegation at all costs, and we managed it thankfully. Now I think we can set our goals on moving from another relegation battle this coming season. We have a good squad but there are definitely areas that require upgrading and areas that require more depth (as with most teams really). A couple of quality additions - preferably a goalscorer and a playmaker in the middle. Obviously it's not cheap to acquire the aforementioned but if we are to move forward, these areas need to be addressed. 

Hopefully we can build upon last season. Progression rather than regression. 

A solid mid table finish will do me next season. 

Barkley is rated higher than Shelvey. They've had few forward options this year and he didn't get a look in. Maybe 5%

Barkley is a young kid who needed games, Shelvey is 21 ( unbelievably ) and made 33 apps in all competitions this season, he wont be going anywhere near the championship.