Momentum

This is my first post on here, though I visit the site daily. I only ever read match reviews and transfer gossip. I find the one or two word responses annoying and thoughtless.

Anyway, I do believe as a club our momentum has moved. We've witnessed this work against us until Milan came in. We've seen it happen to Leeds and Wolves negatively, Soton and Norwich positively. I think Brum are in big trouble next year, replace Sibon with Zigic and they mirror us several years ago. A few big earners, young kids and left over frees.

Our end of season form, January onwards was terrific. I'd like to see us bring in a few of the loans and maybe two or three Kirklands. We've all accepted that we need a CM, LM and two SC. Some of the suggestions are ridiculous, I was talking to Tom Ince last week in Gusto's, Heswall, Wirral (Where I live), so does Paul.

I'd look at,

David Vaughen, Cohen, Shelvey (Loan)

SEB/Simeon Jackson, Wickham (Loan)

Hammill/Sako/Marshall

Helen is a good prospect and versatile. He could cover LB/LM and could be very good. He's going nowhere at City.

Finally, a punt on a couple of lower league players, we never seem to do this. DJ has previously stated why.

We don't need to have a budget like QPR, we need momentum. David Jones has installed it with us.

Up the Owls

You will only get shot down with good posts like this mate, half the regular posters won't read anything bigger than one small paragraph tho so just expect sarcastic replies lol

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

I think there was more of a relief than a celebration that we stayed up and I think it will rely on signings to generate extra impetus. At the moment in all honesty, who's excited about next season?

Not me. Unless we bring in some much needed quality (at least someone who can put their foot on the ball and create a chance) or some of the better realistic out of contract players to help us kick on.  

I don't think we will be in trouble at all next season for the following reasons:

1. FFP will have a major impact on quite a few of the clubs in this league Burnley, Birmingham, Brighton already documented, plus smaller clubs like Millwall, Barnsley, Blackpool etc.

2. The promoted teams will all struggle

3. QPR are in financial meltdown, Blackburn are just in meltdown period

4. Watford are goosed because they can't play the loan system

5. Other teams like Ipswich are financially hamstrung

So in terms of momentum I believe we have some, partly from good form in the second half of the season and also from being run on a tight budget and being relatively sound both financially and administratively. The question for me is not about settling for mid table, but how much more needs to and can be done to make us compete at the top end of the league

Edited by Utah Owl

Love the optimism Utah!

If all of that does turn out to mean that those clubs struggle, I really do hope that Milan seizes the opportunity to have a proper go at it. Because of we're only talking about having to compete seriously with 10 clubs at the top end, there's every chance of being in the play-off mix at the end of the season if we throw a couple of quid at it. Worth the risk? It's Milan's train set, so I guess he'll decide...

It seems to me that the momentum from last season has been lost, and we're back to square one in that regard. Despite the upturn in results, Millwall at home was the last time I can remember having any confidence that we'd actually score. A season of awful, awful football.

Vaughan is going to Derby, and his knees are fúcked anyway.