Can we make the playoffs?

This run can't last though deep down we all know we just aren't good enough to keep it up for another 3 months

exactly. 18 months on and we STILL laugh at maguire for stating united could go unbeaten all season after starting well. but football fans never learn.

No we can't:

Max points available is 83pts

Last 2 seasons 6th place finished on 75 points to ensure playoffs. Leaving us about an average of 8 points +/- 1 to be able to drop over 16 games

Now that would equate to a highly improbable situation to achieve! Sorry!

Surely reading were at least 13/14th at this point....plus there squad was FAR superior to ours at the min.

Correct,

They were actually in the top 10, and one of our most important players was deemed not good enough for their squad last year, that's pretty much all we need to know about the Reading idea

Absolutely no chance, we're no where near good enough at the moment to even finish top half in my opinion. Lets just get to 50 points as soon as possible, preserve our Championship status and then over the summer build around the good young players we have here.

No we can't:

Last 2 seasons 6th place finished on 75 points to ensure playoffs. Leaving us about an average of 8 points +/- 1 to be able to drop over 16 games

Precisely mate

No we can't:

I can see your points are valid, but this year I think the points tally in the championship this year will be lower.  Go back to exactly a year to this date, Brighton were sitting in the same 8th place as they do today but they had 6 more points last year, so would make it 69 points to reach the playoffs maximum even though I think it will be lower than that.  There are a lot of teams beating each other this year with only 7 points seperating 10 teams.   

Just stick Sidebe and Madine up front and whilst we only get 6 points all season we can just count the cash. It's the biggest no brainer ever. The unfortunate thing is though it's cloud cuckoo land time as well.

Not even suggesting we stick with what you suggest. Of course that's a no brainier ! Doh

But surely we all go to Hillsborough to hoopfully see the best we can do, assuming YOU actually go to Hillsborough ? And the hope that against all odds we might just achieve something. UTO

I can see your points are valid, but this year I think the points tally in the championship this year will be lower. Go back to exactly a year to this date, Brighton were sitting in the same 8th place as they do today but they had 6 more points last year, so would make it 69 points to reach the playoffs maximum even though I think it will be lower than that. There are a lot of teams beating each other this year with only 7 points seperating 10 teams.

But that's still 34 points from 16 games - minimum 9 wins 7 draws or even more wins if we lose games. There's fkin no chance mate

More over 50's and Madine haterz being negative.

The play-offs are on.

How many weekends of us beating supposedly better sides will it take to convince you ?

We are the form team in the division, with a squad full of Premiership quality players.

ITS HAPPENING FOLKS !!!

More over 50's and Madine haterz being negative.

The play-offs are on.

How many weekends of us beating supposedly better sides will it take to convince you ?

We are the form team in the division, with a squad full of Premiership quality players.

ITS HAPPENING FOLKS !!!

Love the optimism Mr Farrell, if we were to win say 9 of the next 10 games...?