Can we make the playoffs?

I will be annoyed if we don't. 

After watching Engerland beat Brazil, why can't we go on and win every single game of the season, and every other team somehow lose due to some sort of sandstorm or Meteor.

And if that doesn't happen, then we won't make the play offs. 

FFS Wednesday, sort it out. 

Exactly what is Milan her to do then. The above and as quick as he can.

The financial clout from even a season in the prem as long as you don't go on a mad spending spree would virtually assure us of financial stability for many years to come. Anyone who would reject promotion this season - as ridiculous as that is - is dam right crazy.

OK, there's two ways this plan goes..

A) We keep the same players as this year, and get absolutely foooooooooooooooooooooking smashed and sent back down, massive humiliation but loads of coin.

B) We sign good players on ridiculous money and come smashing back down with their wages still to pay for 2-3 years plus their signing fees.

Which is it?

Oh, A + B come with the compulsory option of an oil giant that gives Milan a fat pay cheque which he cant refuse and doesn't know how to run a club.

Edited by Chriss

The financial clout from even a season in the prem as long as you don't go on a mad spending spree would virtually assure us of financial stability for many years to come. Anyone who would reject promotion this season - as ridiculous as that is - is dam right crazy.

There is nearly always one team that goes on a run from the bottom and sneaks into play offs, there is no reason with the new wave of optimism running through the club we cant do it! 12 points isnt that big of a gap if we continue our current form! If we can sort our home form then top 10 is achievable as there are 2-3 points between us and around 6 other clubs i think a top 12 finish and build for next season would be great!

Well said.  Derby are sitting in 9th place and are only 6 points ahead of us on 41 points.  If we can keep our current form we may be sitting between 6th and 10 place.

I will tell you now if you gave me the choice of going up this season, then losing every match in the prem but we didn't spend a bean on players and we came back down with our pockets stuffed full of cash I'd snap your hand off.

One season of humiliation for a decade of financial security to probably provide more promotions. Yes please !!!!

I understand where you're coming from. I just hope we wouldn't get rid of the young talent (McCabe, Madine, Reda etc..) in the process. Further down the line there may be problems but we'll get to that when it comes I guess lol

I'm with you S_W_F_C . one year in the prem regardless of results would make us a very stable club, financially. Providing we don't spend stupid money and chase the dream like many other clubs have done. I would take that right now, but I think it's just out of our reach. But it's The Wednesday - so you never know. We always live in hope. WTID

you must be easily embarrassed

if any other team in our current position was discussing playoffs we would be laughing at them and its threads like this that get linked to on other forums so people can take the p1ss.

to overtake that many teams with three months left is ridiculous. i would take our current league position right now and be very pleased. 

A fully fit Reda for 38 games in the Premier League and its not a problem. He is god and would slaughter these namby pamby players in the Premier League. In Reda we trust. He would be the first defender to get 20 league goals in a season, securing a top 8 finish. Cheers Reda.

this season has been a missed opportunity -

while I accept the 'learning curve' of a promoted club means you will have some tough spells after promotion,

the two shocking runs we had would still have been SHOCKING had we amassed 5 extra points during each one,

but if you stick ten points on our league table, with current form / momentum, I would say yes to sneaking in the play-off's

so while I think we are probably a top ten team (based on above stat) probably too much to do.

but if we stay up, continue decent form and finish anywhere between 11th to 17th,

gosh will I be exited about next year !

if any other team in our current position was discussing playoffs we would be laughing at them and its threads like this that get linked to on other forums so people can take the p1ss.

to overtake that many teams with three months left is ridiculous. i would take our current league position right now and be very pleased. 

I dont think its really that ridiculous, ambitious absoloutely.

Take Derby as a case in point, they are currently sitting in 9th place on 41 points and only 6 points or 2 wins from 6th place.  So would you say that it is ridiculous for them to be thinking play offs as there is 48 points up for grabs.  Now if we beat Derby at home on saturday we will only be 3 points behind them with another 45 points to play for

I dont think its really that ridiculous, ambitious absoloutely.

Take Derby as a case in point, they are currently sitting in 9th place on 41 points and only 6 points or 2 wins from 6th place.  So would you say that it is ridiculous for them to be thinking play offs as there is 48 points up for grabs.  Now if we beat Derby at home on saturday we will only be 3 points behind them with another 45 points to play for

its not just about points though, its about needing all the other teams to slip up enough to let us gain ground. we all want to dream but if we stop being wednesdayites for a second and think we can all agree that there is 0.0001 per cent chance of us finishing 6th or above. we wont finish in the top half.

derby wont make the playoffs either btw and i know plenty of derby fans who would agree!

Edited by Salli