Old pic of the kop

Guest ben29

I can remember going years ago in the 80s and was on the other end below all of their fans and it looked big then but I was sure it was kind of double then, the old stand to the left was like a lego stand so small compared to the rest of the stadium, it's been replaced now though, can you remember it?

Yes can remember that stand it was awful. I also remember the old away end being an uncovered Kop which used to generate Nil atmosphere. Brian Joicey's correct when we shared the Holte end with Everton it was single tiered.

I can remember going years ago in the 80s and was on the other end below all of their fans and it looked big then but I was sure it was kind of double then, the old stand to the left was like a lego stand so small compared to the rest of the stadium, it's been replaced now though, can you remember it?

the old holte end

villa_park_old_holte_end.jpg

the old holte end

villa_park_old_holte_end.jpg

A Few more of the Old Holte End before it was spoilt and converted into seats. Probably the best Home End in England for creating a cracking atmosphere at the time. Only went on it once when we played Palace in a cup replay and Wednesday had it really rocking that night..

holte_end_751.jpg?w=560

article-1184238-008C449600000258-614_468

Holte1.jpg

Holte.jpg