Old pic of the kop

Guest ben29

Roughly the same amount of people in that pic that were at hillsborough today. Good old days.

Was it the Oxford game because you'd be surprised, most people went on the Kop in them days as the South Stand was the old small wooden stand and the North wasn't as popular was the Kop - then the seats came.

Guest PrincessWendy

Was it the Oxford game because you'd be surprised, most people went on the Kop in them days as the South Stand was the old small wooden stand and the North wasn't as popular was the Kop - then the seats came.

For just a second I thought you said "then the seals came". That would be more than a little surreal. Thanks for the laugh!

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Yes it was the Oxford game.

If you look at the Oxford players the defender closest to the goal is the instantly recognisable Steve Foster....complete with headband

Thought it was, I take it that was the Sheridan game where we lost 0-2, our only defeat at home IIRC, a few weeks later it all changed though.

Think the kop would look better as a blue and white stripe layout with the badge and "the owls pattern taken out" looks dated having a good look at that pic. New seats and a lick of paint would do wonders , especially when the sun starts shining .

Can someone tell me -

a) When was the Kop covered.

b) When was the Kop made all seated.

c) When was the South Stand upgraded.

Thanks in anticipation.

Think the kop would look better as a blue and white stripe layout with the badge and "the owls pattern taken out" looks dated having a good look at that pic. New seats and a lick of paint would do wonders , especially when the sun starts shining .

I agree, it would look amazing.