Bernard's Protest - Photo

Guest Big Guns

All the fuss when that fat loud mouth tango was banned from dingleland

The treatment of Bernard on here is a disgrace if he's mental or not, I bet he's funny has flip to sit next to on the boring south

All the fuss when that fat loud mouth tango was banned from dingleland

The treatment of Bernard on here is a disgrace if he's mental or not, I bet he's funny has flip to sit next to on the boring south

I think we better salvage what we can from this.

Because of the Band I'm going to try the South Stand next week - £28:00, bloody hell.

Do you think he'll lend me his season ticket whilst he's not using it?

Totally agree with the posts Nigel and Lee have written on this subject. I sat directtly in front of Bernard at an AGM once and Lee gave the opportunity for Bernard to rant and rave and harangue him for at least 2 minutes. Attending football is not tantamount to attending church; we should embrace diversity as being a supporter gives some fans the opportunity to release pent-up frustrations, for others it constitutes an opportunity to belong and enjoy a benign form of tribal warfare, for others it is their own personal panacea, for some it is just an attempt to escape reality for a few hours, etc. You should expect to meet all kinds of folk at a football match, including the bizarre, eccentric and downright irritating/annoying. That's part of attending football matches. Let's not start banning fans under these criteria; it is a dangerous precedent to set. From Sammy in the 70s to Tango and Fishcake today, most of our fans have always embraced and tried to see the funny side to bizarre behaviour and accepted eccentricity. Some say a society should be judged by how it responds to and tolerates minority groups. That should apply to football clubs as well!

Absolutely this.

Let him sit in the North.

Stewards do fookall about language on there...!

There is one bugger sat a few rows behind us and the steward does sod all even when he has been told.

His favourite is to scream that he hope the Ref's kids die of cancer... A proper classy guy...!

Only time the bugger calms it down is when one of the two or three of us turn round and tell him to stfu.

Works for a game or two...!

No promble with a bit of language, but some of the Nobbers go completely over the top and carry it on for ages.

One rule for one and all that and a clear lack of consistency around the ground.

Gi' Bernard back...!

Guest Deleted member

Its ironic how Neil is constantly asking questions of anyone who criticises this - yet has refused consistently since Wednesday to answer the question if he supports the ban

I would suggest if he asks you a question about your point you 'Do a Bernard' and tell him to clear off back to Scotland

Neil - you told me yesterday you had spoken to John Rutherford about this  which is why I stated that you had heard both sides. What was his view, and can you be specific about some of Bernards other 'crimes' that you have alluded to in this thread?

Guest Big Guns

My views or opinions on this matter are totally irrelevant

Why don't you give djmortimer a ring and ask him to come and pull them splinters out of your arse..

Why don't you give djmortimer a ring and ask him to come and pull them splinters out of your arse..

I don't see how anyone can have a real opinion on the matter not knowing both sides of the story in total detail

Last thing you'd wanna do is jump in with both feet like Victoria did on Radio Sheffield the other night innit

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Deleted member

No they aren't.

They were - until you started questioning every single poster about why they support Bernards position and gave the impression that you know much much more about what has happened and what Bernards done in the past

That makes you just as guilty (if not more so) of skewing the picture as those posters who have alluded to Bernard having mental issues (which you have conveniently shouted down)

Why is it acceptable to post suggestions that Bernard has a regular list of offences without clarifying it?

Can't believe people are actually defending this bloke.

He's got rightfully banned for persistently shouting abuse and just downright behaving anti-socially.

Knock 40 years off this bloke, and no one would give a ****.

Just because he's been loyal and is an old bloke doesn't mean he's exempt from being dealt with by the club.

Guest Deleted member

I don't see how anyone can have a real opinion on the matter not knowing both sides of the story in total detail

So as the only person who has spoken to both Bernard and the club, give us the facts

So as the only person who has spoken to both Bernard and the club, give us the facts

I've not got them 

Bernard isn't the easiest person to get facts out of - he kept yelling Mick Jagger and shouting across the road to people about how the club don't want old people anymore during our conversation, and going off on massive tangents when I was looking for a few facts about the incidents and whether he'd been ejected numerous times/recieved writting warnings previously etc

The club rightly don't want to go into it as it's a matter between them and Bernard 

(quite right too)

So whilst I've spoke to both parties I'm no wiser and as such won't make any assumptions or state 100% support for either viewpoint - as it correct and right

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Big Guns

This .......at the moment I can only fo along with Bernards version...

Guest Deleted member

The text you sent me yesterday said "Just spoken to him and John Rutherford to get both sides. Are you representing him to the club"

So you spoke to him and the club yesterday and all you got in 20 mins from bernard and unspecified time from John Rutherford was "wibble"?

The text you sent me yesterday said "Just spoken to him and John Rutherford to get both sides. Are you representing him to the club"

So you spoke to him and the club yesterday and all you got in 20 mins from bernard and unspecified time from John Rutherford was "wibble"?

Explained above

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Deleted member

So wibble it is then

Can I suggest you stop suggesting that Bernard has a long history of crimes that mean he deserves his ban then - and maybe everybody else will hopefully stop suggesting Bernard is mental.