Bernard's Protest - Photo

Not relevant but the "how" question you posed is. I don't know the answer to that but every organisation should have someone experienced in conflict resolution and customer relations. Perhaps it needs someone experienced in dealing with such recalcitrant individuals, or experienced in disability or mental health issues, whatever is most appropriate, in order to address this and reach out to Bernard. I have no idea whether they can succeed but at this stage every effort should be made. Busy for the rest of day so I'm out now!

He's dished out direct abuse. If anyone did the same then they should expect a ban.

I imagine John Rutherford, Lee Bullen and Andy Daykin would love to sort something out but it should start with an apology from Bernard.

He's dished out direct abuse. If anyone did the same then they should expect a ban.

I imagine John Rutherford, Lee Bullen and Andy Daykin would love to sort something out but it should start with an apology from Bernard.

Lee Bullen hardly sounded fookin' bothered when he phoned in to talk about it..........

There is a big differance between eccentric and abusive aggressive! This guy is like the odd bloke that's you see now and again that shouts at the birds and goes through the bins, it's funny to watch but you wouldn't want to be stuck with him for an afternoon every other week! I wonder if the people that are sticking up for him have ever had to put up with his 90 minutes of anger and abuse!

Yep, these people should be taken away out of our sight....... Jesus christ

Is this a a possible solution to the problem?

Give Bernard a blue bib and strap him back-to-back with Neil pitchside, with Bernard facing towards the pitch and Neil, as he does, taking pictures of the crowd.

That way, Bernard could continue to support his beloved Owls as well as taking a more direct role in motivating the team while at the same time being able to inform  Neil what is really happening on the pitch .

Why dunt he have a shave n sit in a different stand?

Not like they'll notice him.

Bit easier than this deck chair party int it.

When I was unfairly banned, I wore glasses instead of contact lenses and a baseball cap. Worked a treat although must admit that I felt nervous every time a steward looked in my general direction :ph34r:

Is this a a possible solution to the problem?

Give Bernard a blue bib and strap him back-to-back with Neil pitchside, with Bernard facing towards the pitch and Neil, as he does, taking pictures of the crowd.

That way, Bernard could continue to support his beloved Owls as well as taking a more direct role in motivating the team while at the same time being able to inform  Neil what is really happening on the pitch .

Our very own version of Henry Kissinger.

You'll go far.

lol

Guest Sniper1

Use the North West corner for the mentalists.

Like a sin bin.

Still gets to watch the game but doesn't annoy anyone.

Once he behaves himself then he gets back in the South Stand.

ps Give him a SWFC umberella so he doesn't get pished on, he would love it.

IF (!!) some chavvy, gobby north stander got banned for the rest of the season for abusing staff at the ground, no one would bat an eyelid.

Why should being 77 and a long standing owl make a difference?

Not in my book.

.. Then I hope you are never affected by old age..

.. Then I hope you are never affected by old age..

Funny how the majority of geriatrics don't eff and blind, abusing those around them.

Age is no excuse. If he can't be appropriately civilised then he deserves to be banned.

I think the issue here is he's not been banned for foul language, it's for being abusive to individuals (club officials and also fellow supporters on previous occasions).

As has been said, this is not the first time Bernard has been banned and has had repeated warnings from the club.

I don't believe his age is relevant, just his behaviour, and before I get attacked I am 67 and if I behaved unreasonably would expect to be kicked out. He is very unstable, I have seen him walking around Stocksbridge shouting out and seeming to seek attention. I wouldn't want to be annoyed by his behaviour and why should others who have paid to watch a game ?