Bernard's Protest - Photo

I gave it up, felt sorry for him. He was talking in too many riddles for me to understand what he was on about, but the gist of it was he wanted us to walk out of the ground after 10 minutes as a protest! All tongue in cheek though I think.

I'd hate to have to sit near him at a match, but this bloke lives and breathes Sheffield Wednesday.

I think the club should sit him up in the Grandstand towards the Leppings Lane end, where it's empty. With the warning of a further ban if he moves and annoys others.

Stick him on Dole Corner

Was speaking to him in riverside about 2.50. He honestly believes Wednesday are run buy united fans who are persecuting him as part of a wider plot to bring us down from the inside

Ahh a conspiracy theorist....Wednesday have hundreds of 'em...We should sit them all in the Wedge...they can sing stuff like...

They're everywhere an' nowhere baby

thats where its at

hiding on the grassy knoll at Roswell

sat on Shergar in a hat

Guest intercity0wl

I gave it up, felt sorry for him. He was talking in too many riddles for me to understand what he was on about, but the gist of it was he wanted us to walk out of the ground after 10 minutes as a protest! All tongue in cheek though I think.

I'd hate to have to sit near him at a match, but this bloke lives and breathes Sheffield Wednesday.

I think the club should sit him up in the Grandstand towards the Leppings Lane end, where it's empty. With the warning of a further ban if he moves and annoys others.

Seem to think i have seen him and listened to his ramblings in the Foundation Bar a few seasons back, so on top of buying his season ticket for decades he tops the clubs income up monthly with a bit more of his cash.

I Can fully understand the sentiments of those around him, But it still sits a bit uneasy with me that the club are not doing even more to resove it, and if that even means a member of staff being delegated to have a twice daily talk with him (or more likely just listen to him) then so be it. 

The people at the club who make these decisions will no doubt have moved on to earn a living elsewhere in the future, without a second though about the club, while Bernard will still be what he  has been all his life, 100% WEDNESDAY.

Seem to think i have seen him and listened to his ramblings in the Foundation Bar a few seasons back, so on top of buying his season ticket for decades he tops the clubs income up monthly with a bit more of his cash.

I Can fully understand the sentiments of those around him, But it still sits a bit uneasy with me that the club are not doing even more to resove it, and if that even means a member of staff being delegated to have a twice daily talk with him (or more likely just listen to him) then so be it. 

The people at the club who make these decisions will no doubt have moved on to earn a living elsewhere in the future, without a second though about the club, while Bernard will still be what he  has been all his life, 100% WEDNESDAY.

Gi somebody an half season ticket to chaperone the bugger...you only have to sit an' nod an' say "Yes Bernard"...for fooks sake......

All jokes apart its obvious its this old lads life watching Wednesday..I don't know his circumstances...maybe he's enjoying his half hour in the limelight, but thats gonna disappear like this thread will, and really Wednesday ought to do something....So he blathers nonsense..why take any notice?...Foul mouth ?..If you don't fookin bounce?..We ALL do it...."Die die piggy piggy die?....thats beyond the pale ain't it?....don't see season tickets rescinded for that....Its football..its raw and passionate at Hillboro' , it always has been...Fair enough you can draw a line at racism cos thats dangerous..but some old lad shoutin' and effin' and blinding isn't..it might be irritating but how sanitised do you want your matchday?...some fookers won't be happy until we simply pay up, shut up, sit down an' talk tat...

attachicon.gifSheffield Wednesday vs Brighton-310.jpg

Had a good chat with Bernard this afternoon..

What was meant to be a quick 5 minute chat turned into a 30 minute adventure including bits where he shouted 'Mick Jagger' at JJ as he arrived at the ground (pictured above)

"Mick Jagger !!!"

PS - he brought a deckchair with him and sat across the road from the South Stand protesting against his ban

i've been informed that he really is "Brian the Blunt" in drag. :tango:  :tango: