Hillsborough or the Premier League?

Guest TDJL

If teams such as spurs and liverpool are/were going for a new stadium we should be no different if an opportunity arrived to further SWFC.

I can't believe some people would turn their nose up at premiership football just for the stadium.

It's not like we're looking at a whole new rebranding aka cardiff.

Madness.

Edited by H2Owl

Guest Bedders

If teams such as spurs and liverpool are/were going for a new stadium we should be no different if an opportunity arrived to further SWFC.

I can't believe some people would turn their nose up at premiership football just for the stadium.

It's not like we're looking at a whole new rebranding aka cardiff.

Madness.

I've only just simmered down with the move from Olive Grove.....

Not moving again..............

Edited by Bedders

Guest CowshedLad

excited by the prospect of playing AFC Wimbledon in the cup or is it something you would rather avoid in an effort to let things lie now?

Personally would love it! just think there would be a good hype around it and I would just like to see the AFC turnout and what happens on the day etc ...

Guest BigDave

Never in this wide world my seat at the old lady has more tradition and history that every new built bowl stadium put together

Sheffield Wednesday is Hillsborough, Hillsborough is Sheffield Wednesday

no. its our home and a huge part of our identity.

some things are more important than league position. if this wasnt the case then why bother supporting a club when you could just watch europes top teams on the box instead for a fraction of the price.

Do you still live in the same house you grew up in? Or to put it another way, if someone offered you your dream job but you had to move house would you take the job

Not on your nelly unless they rebuilt it brick for brick, cladding for cladding - I'm not even bothered about going up - we would get battered . This league is getting stronger and stronger but still very entertaining. Anyone can beat anyone, the footballs a decent standard and entertains end to end stuff. If we can stay in the Championship and improve the ground a bit I'd be happy.

Guest BigDave

Do you still live in the same house you grew up in? Or to put it another way, if someone offered you your dream job but you had to move house would you take the job

So you'd give up over a hundred years of history for a brief fling with the Premier?

It's like giving away that priceless item that's been passed down generation to generation of the family for a night with a high class ***** because that's all the Premier League is to football

The atmosphere at Hillsborough for the final match of last season against Wycombe made my hair stand on end. I don't see that ever being repeated in a souless new stadium even against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea etc in the Premier.

So you'd give up over a hundred years of history for a brief fling with the Premier?

It's like giving away that priceless item that's been passed down generation to generation of the family for a night with a high class ***** because that's all the Premier League is to football

I probably wouldn't be happy about it but like a rusty old piece of tin that my grandad smuggled out of East Germany, I'd get over it. Maybe I'm not the sentimental type. All I care about is watching Sheffield Wednesday, I'd love them to be the best team in the country. So he that meant me having to sit in a brand new stadium instead of drafty old Hillsborough then so be it. Obviously I'd love to have both but that wasn't the question. Oh and before anyone says I should go and follow Man Utd, I don't want to see them be successful, I want to see Wednesday be successful

How about, moving from Hillsborough 100 or so miles down to a new a prospering town in the south of England.

Building a wondeful new stadium, with comfy seats and everything! and an unfinished top tier..

Then renaming the club Milton Keynes Wednesday, with investment from a chairman who should really be accompanied by a carer.

Would you take that if it meant you got into them prem?

lol. Love your self irony CSL.

Guest intercity0wl

The atmosphere at Hillsborough for the final match of last season against Wycombe made my hair stand on end. I don't see that ever being repeated in a souless new stadium even against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea etc in the Premier.

What if we did the same as clubs with other older more traditional grounds, Old Trafford, St James Park, Anfield etc, who have modernised their grounds and brought them upto the standard they are now while still retaining superb atmospheres, and superb supporter facilities, a coat of paint would at least make ours a bit more pleasing on the eye.

The notion that the atmosphere at Hillsborough is something to saviour is nonsense (some away games maybe) unless you like Booing, and the supporter facilities on three sides are just above Neolithic, still we will have a new scoreboard soon with bigger brighter adverts for Indian food outlets

Would you be willing to give up Hillsborough and move to a new ground for promotion to the Premier League.

There's no link I know but interested to find out what means more to people?......

tbh should, or when wednesday regain their premier place, the facts of 21st. century football stadia are...

we'd need one close to the motorway, with good access from sheffield, and surrounding areas...

there's times when it's absolute horsework parking, and next season the old fletchers car park is likely to have gone, if ever the authorities wanted to get stroppy, they could make things really hard...