Hillsborough or the Premier League?

Guest TDJL

How about, moving from Hillsborough 100 or so miles down to a new a prospering town in the south of England.

Building a wondeful new stadium, with comfy seats and everything! and an unfinished top tier.

Then renaming the club Milton Keynes Wednesday, with investment from a chairman who should really be accompanied by a carer.

Would you take that if it meant you got into them prem?

If teams such as spurs and liverpool are/were going for a new stadium we should be no different if an opportunity arrived to further SWFC.

I can't believe some people would turn their nose up at premiership football just for the stadium.

It's not like we're looking at a whole new rebranding aka cardiff.

Madness.

As above

No.

For me the premier league has lost it's appeal. It's all media hype, Sky and corporate entertaining.

Without real investment we would get battered, finish bottom of the league and set the record for lowest points total and least goals scored.

I hope we become a solid top half championship side who produce good young players with the odd cup run thrown in.

Personally i think the Championship is a more exciting league. It's away days like Saturday coming up and trips to London on the train for a 3pm Saturday kick off that I enjoy. The thought of driving to Wigan for a 4pm kick off on a Sunday doesn't do it for me.

Guest We Shall Overcome

No.

For me the premier league has lost it's appeal. It's all media hype, Sky and corporate entertaining.

Without real investment we would get battered, finish bottom of the league and set the record for lowest points total and least goals scored.

I hope we become a solid top half championship side who produce good young players with the odd cup run thrown in.

Personally i think the Championship is a more exciting league. It's away days like Saturday coming up and trips to London on the train for a 3pm Saturday kick off that I enjoy. The thought of driving to Wigan for a 4pm kick off on a Sunday doesn't do it for me.

Spot on Post.

I listened to Talk Spurt yesterday and Adrian Durham & Goughie had their usual late 'daily arse' slot discussing whether its right to pay £89 to watch the arse at The Emirates. That's what it costs for someone who is not a member and wants to go to a one off game. Is that what is round the corner when premier league and ground re-furb beckons?

Edited by 1867tons